Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
3 day stubble Ging is awesome. He's like a Hobo version of Yusuke Urameshi. X)

Though Ging looks awesome there.

I didn't like Ging's Greed Island look too much though. At least not in the anime. I forget how he looked in the manga.
Here's what Ging looked like during the GI flashback scene
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I see Kite! Call me an idiot, but for the life of me, I can't remember the guy on my far left. I recognize the others, though.
From left to right:
Knuckle, Menchi, Buhara, Kite, Netero, Lippo, Biscuit, Satotz and Morel.

I suspect that we will get a 'Goodbye Whale Island' filler which will feature Kite flashback and stuff with Kon. It would be the best way to do it if they aren't going to have Kite in next episode.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Here's what Ging looked like during the GI flashback scene
better than the 99 version...

but the bandana look I dunno it doesn't fit Ging too well.

Gon on the other hand looks cool



---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

reminder of how Ging looked in Greed Island



I don't like that version very much.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ain't Nuthin' but a G Thang Gon. I love him.

Headband check, tank top check, fabulous bling.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Like father like son. :)

I like Ging's current headwear better, but the bandana suits a younger version of him. But yeah, Gon wears it best, I think.

---------------------------

Also, now I feel really dumb for not recognizing Knuckle. XD I didn't think his hair was that spikey I guess.
 

heron bpv

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
391
Reaction score
254
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil










What an episode. 10/10. I want to see Gon absolutely destroy this cretin the next time they fight.
Bolded for emphasis. At least I'm not the only one who wants Hisoka crushed, and if he is treated like the fodder he usually deals with, even better >:]
And I second the 10/10 for the episode. Late, but still (for those who know what it means, it's the "end of the semester" time for me).
 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
Here are my rating for the arc:

  • Episode 27: 7
  • Episode 28: 9.5
  • Episode 29: 9.5
  • Episode 30: 8.5
  • Episode 31: 9
  • Episode 32: 9.5
  • Episode 33: 8.5
  • Episode 34: 9
  • Episode 35: 9.5
  • Episode 36: 8

Best Episodes: 28, 29, 32, 35
Worst Episode: 27, 36

Things the new version did better: The plot, The characters, Nen, Hisoka x Kastro, First part of Gon x Hisoka
Things the old version did better: Second part of Gon x Hisoka, The farewell scene.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Gon on the other hand looks cool

My favorite getup for Gon. <333

Here are my rating for the arc:

  • Episode 27: 7
  • Episode 28: 9.5
  • Episode 29: 9.5
  • Episode 30: 8.5
  • Episode 31: 9
  • Episode 32: 9.5
  • Episode 33: 8.5
  • Episode 34: 9
  • Episode 35: 9.5
  • Episode 36: 8

Best Episodes: 28, 29, 32, 35
Worst Episode: 27, 36

Things the new version did better: The plot, The characters, Nen, Hisoka x Kastro, First part of Gon x Hisoka
Things the old version did better: Second part of Gon x Hisoka, The farewell scene.
I forget. What happened in episode 27?
 

bobop

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
196
Reaction score
319
Gender
Male
Country
Reunion
So Koyama Rikiya voices Ging (Emiya Kiritsugu from FZ). In my book, this is a good match. Looking forward to hearing him as Ging)
Thanks for the translation.
I checked him on ANN, and i am quite impressed by all the characters he voiced. So i can't wait to hear him as Ging Freecs.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Strange, I loved ep 27.
My rating would be:
27 9/10
28 8.5/10
29 8.5/10
30 9/10
31 9/10
32 9.5/10
33 9/10
34 9.5/10
35 10/10
36 8/10
Overall: 9/10. I actually enjoyed the arc more than when reading manga O_o That's very rare for me.
 

Beans

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
188
Reaction score
243
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
We're leaving Heavens Arena, and that means no more commentator Cocco's screams! :crying
Does anyone know what's the name of her voice actress? I want to know since she did great job voicing her.
 

bobop

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
196
Reaction score
319
Gender
Male
Country
Reunion
Hey, guys ! You know what ? :teehee
Hunter x Hunter 2011 got licensed in my country. There is still no release date, but soon i'll enjoy the DVD legally.

Great news for the French fans. :)
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^ Congratulation! bobob :celebrate

Now I wish somebody would just license the anime in the U.S. so I could buy the Blu-ray box sets.... lol.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You know guys. I'm really not sure if Madhouse stands a chance against Nippon for Whale Island.

I mean how are they going to top Nen Foxbears?
Or Emo Killua bitch slapping Aunt Mito?
Or bath time with Gon and Killua... Thankfully nothing is shown but still am I the only who found that whole scene a bit too much?
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Nen Fox Bear vs Meryem = Dream Match
Would be a bit one sided though, not Meryem would stand much chance ;)

In honesty though, Madhouse could not possibly do any worse than Nippon in regards to the Whale Island arc.
There is really no conceivable way to make it any worse than that.
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
I think Madhouse could easily stand a chance.Hopefully their version will make more sense.
The nen foxbear ,honestly ,now that I think about it was pretty ridiculous.
I reckon that Madhouse would have to focus more on the conversation between the characters in whale island.Make them more prominent.Have some nice soundtrack alongside .Also ,the scene when Ging finally appear , they will have to make that stand out.

The nippon adaptation did add more scenes to the whale island part but a lot of them didn't make sense. Like the nen foxbear ,the antenna (where they hell did they got that??) and the fact that Gon has never once visited his mother's grave through out whale island part. (Considering that the nippon adaptation change the family relation ,they didn't though about that suprised me)
 
Last edited:

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nen fox bear is cute, but stupid. Basically how I see it, before I understood nen I liked it, now I mostly eyebrow raise at it. The bath dinner scene is cute to me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top