Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Wait, what? I don't remember Nen-Bears :O Someone has a video to put here?
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Here ya go Uriel. Play the video at 21:23
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
^ Just watched this. I don't even.

The end was pretty funny though. Nen! A life force that can heal and mend!
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well... after re-reading volume 8 i'm super! excited to see the Ging flashback with Mito this week, and of course next week Ging riding on top of a monster thing on top of dragon! :zomg


 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
Nen fox bear is cute, but stupid. Basically how I see it, before I understood nen I liked it, now I mostly eyebrow raise at it.
Well I don't know... if the Ants were able to learn it, why couldn't a normal animal as well? I get the Ants were able to because they had human traits, but they were still non-human creatures.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Well I don't know... if the Ants were able to learn it, why couldn't a normal animal as well? I get the Ants were able to because they had human traits, but they were still non-human creatures.
Chimera Ants area form of magical beast. Fox Bears are just regular animals with no special qualities, that baby Fox Bear should not be able to master Ren in such a way.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well I don't know... if the Ants were able to learn it, why couldn't a normal animal as well? I get the Ants were able to because they had human traits, but they were still non-human creatures.
Actually the nen bears doesn't bother me as much as

"They only thing they taught me..."

Flashback montage

"was how to kill"

grips arm

:rolleyes:
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Actually the nen bears doesn't bother me as much as

"They only thing they taught me..."

Flashback montage

"was how to kill"

grips arm

:rolleyes:
I love when Killua goes super emo 3 and claws Mito's face. What a total badass!
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Have you seen this?

It isn't very good as a comparison, because it has been edited to make the scenes coordinated, so both versions look quite similar ...

But the video itself is good.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Diivil

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
229
Reaction score
238
Gender
Hidden
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
The worst thing about the Cub Fox filler that does not make any sense and sorta contradicts what they learn from Wing is that, if you force your aura into another Person/Creature, it will open their Aura Nodes, and aura will continuously leak out until you run out, which could be fatal. The only way to stop it is to learn to prevent your aura fom leaking away from your body, which i am pretty sure a Cub Fox does not know how to do, So Ironically Gon and Killua putting their Aura in the baby Fox, Is just Killing it faster.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Well... after re-reading volume 8 i'm super! excited to see the Ging flashback with Mito this week, and of course next week Ging riding on top of a monster thing on top of dragon! :zomg


Well, actually, if they don't include Kaito fb, it is possible that they would end the conversation with Ging. I mean, the next two chapters are only 34 pages long together. It is possible to make an episode out of that but still.
 

BlackListHunter

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 20, 2011
Messages
39
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
why is mito-san always doing the laundry xD

btw: how weird would it be if there will be another recap episode, while they just left whale island.
(recap episode >> letter to mito)
EDIT:

they could make a recap, with gon actually TELLING mito about what happened the llast 12 episodes
 
Last edited:

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
why is mito-san always doing the laundry xD

btw: how weird would it be if there will be another recap episode, while they just left whale island.
(recap episode >> letter to mito)
EDIT:

they could make a recap, with gon actually TELLING mito about what happened the llast 12 episodes
The third recap:

'Reading The x Letter x To Mito'
 

chei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
106
Reaction score
133
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Err I was actually thinking maybe the recap will be a letter to Leorio...
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,410
Gender
Male
Country
France
No! I don't want recap it would be better to show Kite.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
But I need to know what happened in these last twelve episodes! My mind isn't what it used to be!
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
yea I'll be pretty burned if we get a recap anytime soon honestly. But I guess so far they've been easily skippable so I shouldn't complain. I just want my Yorknew as soon as I can get it, and Kite would be really nice.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ok I think it would be fair to say that Madhouse's Hunter x Hunter has some overall great animation.

But what other series do you think have equally good or better animation?

Animation here will mean movement and consistency of art. If it's too static it's worse. If it's too unnatural it's worse.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Long-running series aren't exactly renowned for their great animation (I'm looking at you Naruto Shippuuden!). The biggest problem is consistency, a lot of those shows tend to have some really great looking episodes, at the cost of some pretty bad ones as well. That's why the current Hunter x Hunter anime is such a marvel. It was most likely planned to at least animate all the manga chapters released around the time that the first episode aired (despite it only being confirmed for 40-something episodes). Hunter x Hunter has some great and consistent animation, I don't think I've noticed any character being off-model.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Are you looking at long running series like Naruto or Bleach, or are you looking at series in general? Aside from a couple sloppy instances, ufotable did an excellent job with Fate/Zero's animation.


I don't think I've ever been disappointed with Madhouse's animation quality.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top