Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Kite flashback = utopia.

Already he has not appeared when he was, I do not see why it would have an (half) episode, especially after the beginning of an arc TOTALLY different ...

Kite = Greed Island. That's all.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well it certainly seems the most logical road to take. I think of it like this, if they extended the goodbye to heavens arena from 1 panel ten they will do the same for the arguably more important Whale Island. Gon will not be here again for a LONG time. Madhouse knows he has yet to even return in the manga, so I am sure they will throw in a farewell sequence befitting of that bittersweet knowledge, that Gon may not be back... even at all. Nobody knows. So it makes sense logically for Madhouse to include a goodbye whale island sequence which of course would fit well with a Kite Flashback (the catalyst for why he wanted to leave whale island in the first place). I trust Madhouse knows what they are doing ar more better than we ever would, so I am sure whatever they do it will blow us away.
it's kinda funny how in the manga we really don't get much of a goodbye at all. It's just like all of a sudden they're at Yorknew.

I think even the Nippon series had a goodbye sequence.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Back on topic, I think there was a lot Togashi couldn't include due to lack of time.
Whale Island goodbye is one of those. So lets see what they do :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Oh wow, a Jojo adaptation... I didn't even finish the Phantom Blood, so I'd better watch it animated. I hope it'll be no worse than current HxH adaptation.
Back to the topic, another option is this:
38 - Chap 66+69
39 - Goodbye Whale Island + Flesh Collector I Part
40 - Flesh Collector II Part + Chap 70
41 - Chap 71-72
I don't think it would be better to divide Flesh Collector's Mansion into two episodes, but Madhouse could handle it well.
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
I believe this scene will be around before the ending credits of the July 29 episode...
another cliffhanger type thingy...
from ch 71 Dont click if you havent read manga yet

about Kite, Kite , Kite
so he appear in a flashback as well, I will never know if I didnt look back
So if theyre gonna used that either in the most anticipating episode this July (they'll use 3 yrs ago)or in GI season (they'll use 4-5 yrs ago) they'd better do it right...
 
Last edited:

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I have imagined a possible Goodbye Whale Island scenario.

Episode begins with Gon and Killua deciding to head to Yorknew to pursue Greed Island. Gon tells Killua that he needs to say Goodbye first, because he doesn't know when he will be back. Killua understands. Gon runs off into the forest alone, while Killua packs up preparing to leave. In the forest Gon whistles and Kon appears and bear hugs him. Gon explains to Kon that he is a Hunter now and has to go find his father, as a Hunter he can no longer be friends with Kon and besides he has to leave, this time maybe for good, he doesnt know. He says farewell to Kon and begins to run off with a sad expression on his face. Gon flashes back and remembers 3 years ago he was attacked by a fox bear, but was saved by a man named Kite. He chose to save the baby fox bear (which turns out to be the one he just talked to). Kite explains that Ging is his mentor and that his greatest goal is to find him. Kite tells Gon that the best hunters are loved by animals. Return to present time and Gon tells Killua he is ready to go, Killua and Gon say goodbye to Aunt Mito and Gon and her do the handshake again. As Gon and Killua leave she wonders to herself when the next time she will see him again will be... Gon and Killua are on a ship sailing away from Whale Island, Gon suddenly hears a Fox Bear roar, looks to the forest cliff and sees Kon and all the animals saying goodbye and farewell. This then proceeds into chapter 70.

Thoughts?
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Thanks for the video! I loved Shizuku. Shalnark seemed too much in a hush, I don't want that in the adaptation. Hope that woman gets a tranquilizer soon.
Nobunaga and Phinks are spot on. Loved their voices.

My favorite though is Franklin. <3
 

Beans

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
188
Reaction score
243
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
I have imagined a possible Goodbye Whale Island scenario.

Episode begins with Gon and Killua deciding to head to Yorknew to pursue Greed Island. Gon tells Killua that he needs to say Goodbye first, because he doesn't know when he will be back. Killua understands. Gon runs off into the forest alone, while Killua packs up preparing to leave. In the forest Gon whistles and Kon appears and bear hugs him. Gon explains to Kon that he is a Hunter now and has to go find his father, as a Hunter he can no longer be friends with Kon and besides he has to leave, this time maybe for good, he doesnt know. He says farewell to Kon and begins to run off with a sad expression on his face. Gon flashes back and remembers 3 years ago he was attacked by a fox bear, but was saved by a man named Kite. He chose to save the baby fox bear (which turns out to be the one he just talked to). Kite explains that Ging is his mentor and that his greatest goal is to find him. Kite tells Gon that the best hunters are loved by animals. Return to present time and Gon tells Killua he is ready to go, Killua and Gon say goodbye to Aunt Mito and Gon and her do the handshake again. As Gon and Killua leave she wonders to herself when the next time she will see him again will be... Gon and Killua are on a ship sailing away from Whale Island, Gon suddenly hears a Fox Bear roar, looks to the forest cliff and sees Kon and all the animals saying goodbye and farewell. This then proceeds into chapter 70.

Thoughts?
This is great!! I wish they do it this way, it'll be awesome.:super
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
And so I randomly comment.

I've always thought that Whale Island = start of Yorknew. I know it's more of a transition than a proper start though. It just got stuck in my head canon that way, aha.

Mariya Ise was pretty in the video. Haha, just putting it out there. I don't know what everyone was laughing about in the second half of the video, but they all seem happy there. It kinda made me smile.

So Mai Ishii was this week's director huh? I knew it. I thought it was the same director as Episode 7. I don't know how I got that feeling, but I really did. Lucky guess?
 

ContractHunterMEMO

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2012
Messages
69
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
I know this is somewhat deviating from the general discussion, but does anyone have an idea on how long it generally takes for a series (obviously in this case, HXH 2011) to get licensed and dubbed? I'm relatively new when it comes to ongoing anime and this whole licensing issue, and I'm actually really looking forward to how they'll handle the dub, if the series ever gets one.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I know this is somewhat deviating from the general discussion, but does anyone have an idea on how long it generally takes for a series (obviously in this case, HXH 2011) to get licensed and dubbed? I'm relatively new when it comes to ongoing anime and this whole licensing issue, and I'm actually really looking forward to how they'll handle the dub, if the series ever gets one.
I dunno but you could look at other anime to compare.

Japanese Naruto first released October 3rd 2002

English Naruto first released September 9th 2005

3 years

Bleach 1 Japanese October 5th 2004
Bleach 1 English September 15th 2006

2 years

One Piece

October 20th 1999
September 18th 2004

5 years


However these are aging series.

How about some newbies?


Deadman Wonderland

April 17th 2011 May 26 2012

a year

Death Note

October 3rd 2006
October 21st 2007

a year


I say we'll see a dub of HxH either

September 2012 or

September 2013

Or from one to two years of the release in Japan.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I dunno but you could look at other anime to compare.

Japanese Naruto first released October 3rd 2002

English Naruto first released September 9th 2005

3 years

Bleach 1 Japanese October 5th 2004
Bleach 1 English September 15th 2006

2 years

One Piece

October 20th 1999
September 18th 2004

5 years


However these are aging series.

How about some newbies?


Deadman Wonderland

April 17th 2011 May 26 2012

a year

Death Note

October 3rd 2006
October 21st 2007

a year


I say we'll see a dub of HxH either

September 2012 or

September 2013

Or from one to two years of the release in Japan.
Long running series they wait until it's at atleast 100 episodes (see Fairy Tail)
Short series are usually a year after Japanese release these days.

Take it how you will but as someone with some insider knowledge on the Western side of things,
I am predicting Funimation will announce the licensing of Hunter x Hunter 2011, in October 2013ish.
Not saying any more. Take it how you will.
 
Last edited:

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Not sure, but I think it means "Request And Oath"
Seems like Kurapica episode after all =D
 

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Yes, that's the idea ! Sounds like the Mansion =)

Ah, I can't wait tonight. I want the preview. Now.
 
Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I predict at least a couple years for a license and dub.

Do you think they'll dub it and air it on American TV? I know HxH is huge in Japan, but not so much over here.

And new Hunter tonight~
 

Jmizzle

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 19, 2012
Messages
14
Reaction score
1
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just recently caught my self up in this anime after recently finishing the manga. So why do you guys think they've decided to not introduce Kaito when this new anime seems to be following the manga extremely closely? It's really the only thing so far that has seen any change that would be considered drastic. So what do you think the reasoning is of Madhouse Studio to change it up. Personally, I'm in the belief that they have something really smart planned, because they have been handling the series excellently so far. (I think maybe even Togashi has his hand in this personally)

I also don't think it makes much sense to introduce him too close to the Ant saga like a few others have suggested. So what do you guys think they were thinking?
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
It has started!

-The original intro again :)

-OMG!!!! Yggdrassil!!! The world tree! :x3:x3

When chapter 338 came out, I suspected that the tree was the background of Ging's scene in chapter 66.
I don't know if Togashi had it planed since then, but it was a good movement by Madhouse.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top