Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Everybody in the PV looks great. Everybody except Kuroro, that is. Damn. Bye-bye, my hopes. Why the only one they screwed up has to be him. Yeah, a rhetorical question, I know...

Anyway, the titles seem to be somthing like that:
39 Wish and Oath
40 Peoples with abilities should cooperate?
41 Heroes' gathering (or could be 'End of Heroes'... the reason why I hate when they don't use kanji in the titles..)
42 Protect and attack
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Everybody in the PV looks great. Everybody except Kuroro, that is. Damn. Bye-bye, my hopes. Why the only one they screwed up has to be him. Yeah, a rhetorical question, I know...

Anyway, the titles seem to be somthing like that:
39 Wish and Oath
40 Peoples with abilities should cooperate?
41 Heroes' gathering (or could be 'End of Heroes'... the reason why I hate when they don't use kanji in the titles..)
42 Protect and attack
I'm really not seeing what was wrong with him. I think your being over dramatic.
 

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
39話ネガイ×ト×チカイ
脚本 上代 務
演出 Woo seung-wook
絵コンテ 佐藤雄三
作画監督 Jang Kil-yong

40話 ノウリョクシャ×ハ×キョウリョクシャ?
脚本上代務
演出 田中智也
絵コンテ 佐藤雄三
作画監督 菅野 芳弘

41話ゴウケツ×ノ×シュウケツ
脚本 広田光殻
演出松村 政輝
絵コンテ 坂田純一
作画監督 森智子

42話 マモル×ト×セメル
脚本 米村 正二
演出 Kim Min-sun
絵コンテ 西村 聡
作画監督 Woo Jin-woo
Episode 39 - Wish × And × Promise
Script: Tsutomu Kamishiro
Director: Woo Seung-wook
Storyboard: Yuzo Sato
Animation Director: Jang Kil-yong

Episode 40 - Nen x Users x Unite?
Script: Tsutomu Kamishiro
Director: Tomoya Tanaka
Storyboard: Yuzo Sato
Animation Director: Yoshihiro Sugano

Episode 41 - Gathering x of the x Great
Script: Mitsutaka Hirota
Director: Masaki Matsumura
Storyboard: Jun'ichi Sakata
Animation Director: Tomoko Mori

Episode 42 - Attack x and x Defend
Script: Shoji Yonemura
Director: Kim Min-sun
Storyboard: Satoshi Nishimura
Animation Director: Woo Jin-woo

Episode titles are sorta loose. For 40, I had trouble trying to word it. The first word is "nouryokusha" which usually is with "nen" for "nen nouryokusha" or "Nen user." Since Nen was missing, I couldn't simply put "Users" since it's a bit ambiguous. CR says "Nen x User x Unite" so I've switched it out.
 
Last edited:

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Now that I've seen Chrollo in motion I believe his character design looks fine.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I'm not sure who episode 41 is talking about either... This is the Troupe's entrance, so I'm not sure how it works. It could also be "Hero" instead of "Great Man," but...
I could only see this being a reference to Uvo from Nobunaga's perspective, but obviously it's too early for that.
O_o It's too early for that. Ep 41 is the first appearance of GR. I guess it's not End Of Great man but Gathering Of Great Men / Heroes referring to Phantom Troupe.
 

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
O_o It's too early for that. Ep 41 is the first appearance of GR. I guess it's not End Of Great man but Gathering Of Great Men / Heroes referring to Phantom Troupe.
Ah! That sounds good. I was so hooked on the end that I didn't think of anything else.

Perhaps it's more of a reference to the gathering of everyone at the auction. The "Great" people of the world. Everyone rolls out in chapter 71/72. Guess we'll see :D
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'll be fine as long as

1. Melody and Kurapika do not actually meet before the Flesh Collector's Mansion
(it's looking like they pass each other by which is ok. But they shouldn't know each other)

2. Kurapika better not learn emperor time during his training yet. Save that for Kurapika vs Uvogin

3. Butler Must Die
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You really hate that butler:teehee

Sorta. Not exactly.

It's more that if the butler doesn't die then the rest is likely to be heavily censored.
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'll be fine as long as

1. Melody and Kurapika do not actually meet before the Flesh Collector's Mansion
(it's looking like they pass each other by which is ok. But they shouldn't know each other)

2. Kurapika better not learn emperor time during his training yet. Save that for Kurapika vs Uvogin

3. Butler Must Die
For number two, I think they'll hint it at best but won't outright say or have him use it.

and as for 3, I agree completely. FINISH HIM!
 

Noonealive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Its hard to predict what Madhouse is gonna do next. So far it seems like they're handling HxH pretty well but in regards to today's episode I'm sure they won't disappoint.
 

Diivil

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
229
Reaction score
238
Gender
Hidden
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
watch the episode live here
http://www.justin.tv/atxhd66#/w/3427455312

it just started
Edit: The mizuken scene is just a like a 30 second filler nothing spoiling/revealing kurapica Nen,
Kurapica and senritsu do not meet, she just hears kurapica heartbeat
filler scene showing Baise using her Instant lover ability,
kurapica's chain has a simple silver design,
Filler scene with Basho(Haiku guy) beating some fodders
Kurta eye truly look beautiful,
The episode ends here
Baise is seen grabbing the butler just before the episode ends so i'm guessing that he dies like in the manga,
the Huncyclopedia feature's Mizuken
 
Last edited:

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Episode 39

One word : W-E-I-R-D. Oo It's just an introduction, with three minutes into the Mansion. I am a little disappointed. The episode is done with the feet, or ... ?

New intro (Nen), same opening and Huncyclopedia !


Kurapika... Honey... You need a haircut !
 
Last edited:

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Well, for manga readers this episode will be certainly disappointing.
It's just the chapter 67 plus Kurapika training (and some filler).

But I wonder what would the anime-only fans think. It felt a bit slow, but maybe because there was a lot of dialog, and I haven't seen it with subs yet.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Episode 39

One word : W-E-I-R-D. Oo It's just an introduction, with three minutes into the Mansion. I am a little disappointed. The episode is done with the feet, or ... ?

New intro (Nen), same opening and Huncyclopedia !


Kurapika... Honey... You need a haircut !
So it's filler then. :-_-
 

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Yeah, flash-back (Ep3o) and Senritsu, Baise, Basho... filler ! =/

"Guys, all OST 2 in one episode !"
"Challenge: Accepted" :mono

But Senritsu and Baise are really cute. <3
 
Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I could've gone without all the fillers, tbh. I was really hoping for more of the Flesh Collector's mansion. :<

Highlights:

It's great to see Kurapika again, and damn he's scary. I liked his monologue near the end. I like the new VAs. And this is my favorite introduction about the different hatsu types.

Letdowns:

Too many fillers that I didn't care too much about.... not that I don't like Baise and Basho, but I didn't feel it necessary to show them. And dayum... that was one slashy huncyclopedia! Even Kurapika was blushing from Gon and Killua's "love".

Completely irrelevant, but it looks like MH is going to animate Killua in my favorite outfit for him. Because he changes outfits a gazillion times in the series.

Overall, I'd say mediocre based on what I've been seeing lately. Not a bad episode, but not great, either. As a manga reader it didn't appeal to me, but maybe new anime watchers will find this episode more enjoyable. I feel like they're teasing us with the Genei Ryodan coming up soon.

I giggled when I saw the butler, just thinking about how badly you guys want him to die. Haha.
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ok so well it was basically a filler episode but not too bad for one and it did have canon stuff in it.

The fact that Kurapika is a specialist was thankfully not spoiled.

Melody didn't meet Kurapika formally but did pass him by and noticed his heartbeat. Which was meh. I would have preferred they be complete strangers.
But at least it's not like when they met each other on the train and we're pretty much best buds by the time they got to the mansion.
Actually it's interesting because it seems like Melody is a little bit afraid of Kurapika in this version.

They spoiled Baise and Basho's abilities. Oh well. Baise especially. We also know that Squalla is the caretaker of those dogs so that might be a hint.
They didn't spoil Shachmono's abilities which is good because that would likely ruin the effect.

The painting/tv screen was cool.

once it got to the actual mansion part it got a lot better but then it ended quickly. I hope they don't disappoint next episode with the quality.

As a fan of the OST...I didn't care for the music in the first half but then it got better towards the end.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

I could've gone without all the fillers, tbh. I was really hoping for more of the Flesh Collector's mansion. :<

Highlights:

It's great to see Kurapika again, and damn he's scary. I liked his monologue near the end. I like the new VAs. And this is my favorite introduction about the different hatsu types.

Letdowns:

Too many fillers that I didn't care too much about.... not that I don't like Baise and Basho, but I didn't feel it necessary to show them. And dayum... that was one slashy huncyclopedia! Even Kurapika was blushing from Gon and Killua's "love".

Completely irrelevant, but it looks like MH is going to animate Killua in my favorite outfit for him. Because he changes outfits a gazillion times in the series.

Overall, I'd say mediocre based on what I've been seeing lately. Not a bad episode, but not great, either.

I giggled when I saw the butler, just thinking about how badly you guys want him to die. Haha.
I give the episode a 7 out of 10.

It was an decent filler.

However if this means a quality episode next week I'll give it an 8 out of 10.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I honestly don't care what anyone says, I found that little bit of filler to be enjoyable especially the part with Basho. Now for my favorite parts.

1.) Kurapika walking off from Mizuken and than BAM! que Kurapika's epic theme lol.

2.) The little filler with Basho (He's one of my favorite minor characters in this arc.)

3.) The entrance into the flesh collectors mansion, and when the Eleven Black Assistants burst in, and Kurapika flashes dem silver chains!

4.) Baise grabs the butler (madhouse PLEASE! kill that poor bastard) :kukuku

Dislikes
1.) The Baise filler. I thought it was kinda stupid.

2.) The placement of the OST was really off to me in the beginning of the episode, but it got better towards the middle.

7/10
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I honestly don't care what anyone says, I found that little bit of filler to be enjoyable especially the part wit Basho. Now for my favorite parts

1.) Kurapika walking off from Mizuken and than BAM! que Kurapika epic theme lol.

2.) The little filler with Basho (He's on of my favorite minor characters of this arc.)

3.) The entrance into the flesh collectors mansion, and when the Eleven Black Assistants burst in, and when Baise grabs the butler (madhouse please! kill that poor bastard)

Dislikes
1.) The Baise filler. I thought it was kinda stupid.

2.) The placement of the OST was really off to me in the beginning of the episode, but it got better towards the middle.

7/10

1. The theme seemed kinda out of place to me. We needed some cool shades for Kurapika for that part to make it work.

2. Basho filler was not too shabby.

3. Yes this was done well. :)

1. It would be better if they didn't explain the ability yet. Then we could be like wait...what's going on. So yeah it disappointed me.

2. Agree. Maybe they felt like being experimental with the tracks?

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

LOL

I noticed we finally see Kurapika's earring
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top