Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yup! and the earring is red I think..... Also I forgot to mention this in my previous post. I liked the new intro to Nen.

*EDIT

Dem silver chains!!
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yup! and the earring is red I think..... Also I forgot to mention this in my previous post. I liked the new intro to Nen.
It looked pink to me. But whatever. Yeah new intro is good. Leorio spoiler lol.

Also am I the only one who thinks Dalzollene is looking pretty boss this time around?
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I personally found the episode pretty fun, but was ticked we didn't see more of the mansion. the small fillers on Basho and Baise were fine in showing off their personalities but in baise's case they showed her ability too early to give us the inital punch of what happens later, and plus she gets.... unimportant later... Basho was nicely done though, a hint, but nothing out right *plus his important level pretty much stays the same so its good! glad to see I'm not the only fan of his XD* It was a pretty all over the place episode and wedon't see much of the mansion but I still had fun as I usually do watching the anime plus if the next episode turns out better because of this it'll be great.

7.5/10

Oh butler dude you have NO idea how shitty your luck is!
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It looked pink to me. But whatever. Yeah new intro is good. Leorio spoiler lol.

Also am I the only one who thinks Dalzollene is looking pretty boss this time around?
Nope! you're not the only one. Dalzollene looks like a total BOSS :hip
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Okay episode. I kid of liked the slow build up. Beise's scene felt unnecessary though. I'm also glad this show has real guns. Not those things the 99' anime had. I just know they weren't guns.

They also spoiled Illumi being a manipulator.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I personally found the episode pretty fun, but was ticked we didn't see more of the mansion. the small fillers on Basho and Baise were fine in showing off their personalities but in baise's case they showed her ability too early to give us the inital punch of what happens later, and plus she gets.... unimportant later... Basho was nicely done though, a hint, but nothing out right *plus his important level pretty much stays the same so its good! glad to see I'm not the only fan of his XD* It was a pretty all over the place episode and wedon't see much of the mansion but I still had fun as I usually do watching the anime plus if the next episode turns out better because of this it'll be great.

7.5/10

Oh butler dude you have NO idea how shitty your luck is!
I actually would give it about the same rating. Most of the disappointment is that I was hoping this would be the whole Mansion.
But considering this COULD have been a recap it's not too bad. Basho and Squalla's fillers were good because they only hinted
at the abilities. But Baise was too spoilerish. However given how Madhouse usually comes back pretty strong not long after these
type of episodes I think we should have something to look forward to next week.

Poor butler. Lol.

Nope! you're not the only one. Dalzollene looks like a total BOSS :hip
Ah man it's gonna be a shame when a certain blonde character chidoris him without the chidori.

Scratch that. It's gonna be totally beast.

Okay episode. I kid of liked the slow build up. Beise's scene felt unnecessary though. I'm also glad this show has real guns. Not those things the 99' anime had. I just know they weren't guns.

They also spoiled Illumi being a manipulator.
I thought the 99 version DID have guns?

That was a spoiler?
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I didn't really mind the spoilers in the introduction. Well, I guess the big spoiler is Leorio being an emitter (which some keen watchers could've concluded by Hisoka's personality analysis for emitters), but I don't really consider hatsu types as major plot spoilers. It's not like their actual abilities have been spoiled... yet.

Considering we could've had a recap episode, this episode wasn't so bad in comparison. I'd still give it a generous 7/10, but probably more around 6.5/10. Since we could've gotten a recap this time around, and then did Flesh Collector's mansion, or vice versa before meeting the Ryodan.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
also I find Melody to be a happy medium in her old and new character designs.

She's not completely creepy. But not completely cutesy either. So I like it.

And I like how she's uneasy about Kurapika. It's a nice foreshadowing.

And I like how Kurapika is. You can tell he's really just waiting to explode.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Actually they've already spoiled Leorio's Nen type in the Ending.
Did they? I forgot about that.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

question: do you think Kurapika's chains will have colored aura or just plain?
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
And I like how Kurapika is. You can tell he's really just waiting to explode.
The best parts of this episode, IMO. He's like a ticking time bomb. :|

do you think Kurapika's chains will have colored aura or just plain?
Imma say colored aura, but they could just as easily make them plain.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Great episode! I loved the filler actually. Was nice to see expanded introductions for the Nostrade Employees and the bit with Melody crossing paths with Kurapika adds so much gravitas to their eventual friendship.

Also did anyone else notice in the preview that Gon is talking to Killua on the boat? Kite Flashback anyone?? I'm still hopeful! There is enough space in the episode at least.
 

Meso

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2012
Messages
63
Reaction score
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Now I don't even know the new character's names other than Melody, Mizuken, and Baise. Now this episode was pretty solid in my opinion for a filler. I didn't really mind the music. But starting from the top. The new Nen intro. I like it. I also noticed that they reused images from the 1st version of Departure, the first ending theme, and the second ending theme. That was cool. I like how they showed the character's hatsu. I'm disappointed that we couldn't have gotten a badass new opening with this new Nen intro. Then we have Kurapika meeting Mizuken. I like how cold Kurapika is when Gon and the others aren't around. It shows how much friends effect his character. I also like the way they broke down Hatsu types in this episode. I'm still learning about Nen just like the other characters. Then we have Melody. She seems nice, but her designs creeps me out. XD I like Baise's Ability. It's certainly intresting. Now the Flesh Collector's mansion. I got choked up when I saw Kurta's eyes as one of the items he wanted. Kurapika's eyes turning redish. And his cold voice. It was all solid. Then the way the characters got ready to battle those Sword Wielders was awesome. Hunting For Your Dream!!!!! :3 Then we have Hunter Encyclopedia. Killua and Gon are so freaking kawaii. XD It hurts. Kurapika's reaction is what made it all the more funny. All in all. I give this episode a 7. It'd have been an 8 if they hadn't used CHAIN BASTARD SO EARLY!!!! DX It wasn't too slow and it wasn't too fast. After reading all your posts I wanna see this Butler die. I wonder what's so violent about it. XD
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Great episode! I loved the filler actually. Was nice to see expanded introductions for the Nostrade Employees and the bit with Melody crossing paths with Kurapika adds so much gravitas to their eventual friendship.

Also did anyone else notice in the preview that Gon is talking to Killua on the boat? Kite Flashback anyone?? I'm still hopeful! There is enough space in the episode at least.
I'm not gonna get my hopes for a kite flashback but I'll be happy with one!

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Now I don't even know the new character's names other than Melody, Mizuken, and Baise. Now this episode was pretty solid in my opinion for a filler. I didn't really mind the music. But starting from the top. The new Nen intro. I like it. I also noticed that they reused images from the 1st version of Departure, the first ending theme, and the second ending theme. That was cool. I like how they showed the character's hatsu. I'm disappointed that we couldn't have gotten a badass new opening with this new Nen intro. Then we have Kurapika meeting Mizuken. I like how cold Kurapika is when Gon and the others aren't around. It shows how much friends effect his character. I also like the way they broke down Hatsu types in this episode. I'm still learning about Nen just like the other characters. Then we have Melody. She seems nice, but her designs creeps me out. XD I like Baise's Ability. It's certainly intresting. Now the Flesh Collector's mansion. I got choked up when I saw Kurta's eyes as one of the items he wanted. Kurapika's eyes turning redish. And his cold voice. It was all solid. Then the way the characters got ready to battle those Sword Wielders was awesome. Hunting For Your Dream!!!!! :3 Then we have Hunter Encyclopedia. Killua and Gon are so freaking kawaii. XD It hurts. Kurapika's reaction is what made it all the more funny. All in all. I give this episode a 7. It'd have been an 8 if they hadn't used CHAIN BASTARD SO EARLY!!!! DX It wasn't too slow and it wasn't too fast. After reading all your posts I wanna see this Butler die. I wonder what's so violent about it. XD
I take it you haven't read the manga then? Sorry if I spoiled anything for you. I'll try to be more careful from now.

How the butler dies...Hm well you're gonna just have to wait and see. Tee hee. :teehee

also Kurapika needs some cool shades for Chain Bastard

 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow, this ep got backlash. Granted Yorknew is my FAVORITE part of HxH, I was part hype, part confused mostly. I enjoyed it all, because it all felt mostly important but it just felt clunky. Bits of characters we've never met who aren't that important was weird, It's cool to see them but its not even in the context of showing up to the house, its just weird fanservice. Spoiling Baise's ability was also lame, but at the same time I still enjoyed it sorta because I like those characters. The music was really weird here, but overall in terms of source material covered we basically got 1.5 chapters. Compared to the normal two chapters its not bad at all (though chapter 67 is pretty short by normal chapter standards). Overall a 8/10, cut the baise filler and I'd be 8.5, I missed Dallzolene having his babes when he shows up on the video screen, oh well, maybe when he shows up later they'll be massaging him. Anyone notice the part about Basho being hired to find a baby was cut, and replaced with him going on about Kurta clan info? It wasn't a bad change persay, but felt like censoring.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow, this ep got backlash. Granted Yorknew is my FAVORITE part of HxH, I was part hype, part confused mostly. I enjoyed it all, because it all felt mostly important but it just felt clunky. Bits of characters we've never met who aren't that important was weird, It's cool to see them but its not even in the context of showing up to the house, its just weird fanservice. Spoiling Baise's ability was also lame, but at the same time I still enjoyed it sorta because I like those characters. The music was really weird here, but overall in terms of source material covered we basically got 1.5 chapters. Compared to the normal two chapters its not bad at all (though chapter 67 is pretty short by normal chapter standards). Overall a 8/10, cut the baise filler and I'd be 8.5, I missed Dallzolene having his babes when he shows up on the video screen, oh well, maybe when he shows up later they'll be massaging him. Anyone notice the part about Basho being hired to find a baby was cut, and replaced with him going on about Kurta clan info? It wasn't a bad change persay, but felt like censoring.
I think it was just cut. The part with Kurta clan info is in the manga but it's just what the card reads.

I'm sure Dallzolene's babes were just in the kitchen :hip

Next episode we have Yoshihiro Sugano (I might have that name wrong)
as the animation director. He directed 5, 12, 20, 28 and 34. With how well
the fights looked in 34 I'm looking forward to the mansion fight.

I expect a much higher quality episode for 40.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Hmm, I loved the episode. The Baise filler felt a bit off, and there were too much of unnecessary flashbacks (the first meeting with Mizuken again) but other than that, everything was great. The music direction near the end was a bit weird tho. And yeah, the cliffhanger was nicely done.
8/10, but more like 8,5.
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Love the nen intro
Not in order

I see Killua and Hisoka there

Shizu and Kurapika

Could that be Franklin? I'm sure the other guy is Leorio

Wing and Gon

Illumi and Shalnark

Neon and Kuroro

I dont like the intro filler for the 2 chars
( we know that the other one will die why need?)
.So much filler even Eliza was mentioned (anyway I cant wait for the comparisons I'm too lazy to look at manga now since the episode and ch is rumbled here.)...

Cant wait for the action next week, and GR ....
How I wish there is a new op, But thats impossible now...

7 days more... Cant wait...
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Cant wait for the action next week, and GR ....
How I wish there is a new op, But thats impossible now...

7 days more... Cant wait...
GR are only the week after that, on 29/7. The auction begins in that episode as well.
 

mousiehamster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
165
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Why in god's name did they introduce everyone particularly in such a lackluster manner? Completely pointless and it spoiled the suspense there would've otherwise been in the mansion (plus the mansion scene was rushed). Bad music placement too.
 

You Say

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2009
Messages
240
Reaction score
618
Gender
Male
Country
Czech Republic
Kurapika is back on the scene! Fine episode with minor issues which I'm generously willing to overlook. Next episode looks fine, I'm expecting some fluid action. It'll be also interesting how they handle
Kurapika versus Uvogin battle, which was in 1999 version really nicely and smoothly animated.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top