Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why in god's name did they introduce everyone particularly in such a lackluster manner? Completely pointless and it spoiled the suspense there would've otherwise been in the mansion (plus the mansion scene was rushed). Bad music placement too.
I actually sorta agree with you here.

I think the Basho spoiler was fine. We still haven't really seen what his ability can do.

Baise spoiler wasn't so great. They should have not explained it.

Squalla with the dogs might be a hint but I dunno how much.
I actually like how we hear him talking to Eliza. I wonder if they
will have a little bit more on that. Just to make the end more tragic.

Yeah music placement was out of wack for the first part.
Good the second half but not the best it's been.

Though I do think this episode was Madhouse for lack of a better word "being lazy".
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Didn't have a problem with the music and I doubt it was laziness. This episode was more of a set up if anything.
 

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
In episode 40, it wasn't there, but it's here despite it being barely visible. No wonder Kurapika couldn't see it. How that heck can see a black thing over a very dark background?! When they say the old adaptation is "dark" that's not what it's supposed to be! Darkness means grim, sad, full of death etc. NOT dark colors!
I just wanted to note that the old series actually wasn't "dark" intentionally; it was from the rather terrible mastering done at the time. The DVDs are VHS masters, since the series was produced at a time when VHS were still the main market and DVDs were just coming into practice. If there series were to be remastered today, you would be shocked -- it would really feel like a different series.

For example, here is a scene from Yorknew with Machi and Nobunaga. The normal image is from DVD, the rollover is a scan of a cel. You can see more differences by just googling for cels of the series. It makes me sick sometimes the difference between a cel and what we got on DVD. Doubt we'll ever see a remastering though -- the old series is totally abandoned now with the new one out (the old websites went down about a month before the new series aired, putting the final nail in the coffin).
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Didn't have a problem with the music and I doubt it was laziness. This episode was more of a set up if anything.
hence why I said "lack of a better word". I just don't think this was Madhouse really trying.
I think it was more Madhouse putting out something to occupy the viewers while they worked more on the next episodes. I mean there was a lot more repeated scenes than usual.
Madhouse was killing time.

And I don't think it's such a bad thing. Yes I wanted the full flesh collector's mansion but if it means more quality animation in the next episodes then I say it's a good trade off.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

I just wanted to note that the old series actually wasn't "dark" intentionally; it was from the rather terrible mastering done at the time. The DVDs are VHS masters, since the series was produced at a time when VHS were still the main market and DVDs were just coming into practice. If there series were to be remastered today, you would be shocked -- it would really feel like a different series.

For example, here is a scene from Yorknew with Machi and Nobunaga. The normal image is from DVD, the rollover is a scan of a cel. You can see more differences by just googling for cels of the series. It makes me sick sometimes the difference between a cel and what we got on DVD. Doubt we'll ever see a remastering though -- the old series is totally abandoned now with the new one out (the old websites went down about a month before the new series aired, putting the final nail in the coffin).
You know what would be incredibly awesome but would likely never happen?

If they had some sort of special edition release of the new series that included a remastered version of the old series.

It would of course be twice as expensive but I think it would be worth it.

But again it's not happening.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
About Basho being a pro Hunter or not,

Also Basho was at the voting in the Chairman arc. He is most certainly a pro Hunter. Squala is the only one who admits to not being a pro hunter. I am not sure about the others (baise and the two really minor ones we meet later)


The recap bit is the most offensive part, second being Baise filler could have been less spoilery.
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
mrsticky005, you had a list of animation directors and their rotation, right?
Do you know who is going to do episode 46?
That episode will probably be Ubo vs Kurapika.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ok guys what do you think will be the butler's fate?

A. Human Body Shield

B. Plot hole Escape

C. Ambiguous Censorship Fainting

winners should be announced Episode 40...not that you'll win anything

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

mrsticky005, you had a list of animation directors and their rotation, right?
Do you know who is going to do episode 46?
That episode will probably be Ubo vs Kurapika.
Well I could always look back but it's more of an educated guess. Though the page on ANN has all the animators thus far and their episodes.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

alright I made a new thread for simplicty sake http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showt...Animation-Director-List?p=2955472#post2955472
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Ok guys what do you think will be the butler's fate?

A. Human Body Shield

B. Plot hole Escape

C. Ambiguous Censorship Fainting

winners should be announced Episode 40...not that you'll win anything
I go with option C.


Well I could always look back but it's more of an educated guess. Though the page on ANN has all the animators thus far and their episodes.
Yes, I made a list myself using that, so I could predict the next animation directors, but it is in another computer. Anyway, I will check it later.

EDIT: I didn't see your last edit, thanks for the list thread :)
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Hope its Human Body shield more close to manga...
and
Where could I make a pic request, I mean HQ res PIc of this?

If that's allowed.
Source: Animate
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
for the sake of variety I'll go with option B...

Hey it happened once before. :P

though I do hope I'm wrong.

(sorry butler)
 

Noonealive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United States
the butler needs to be sacrificed!!! It's for the good of HxH :hip
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's obvious he's going to die. They set it up so he would die like the mange. Beise gets behind him at the end. At the most it will be censored. If they did Hisoka's card trick they'll get around this.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's obvious he's going to die. They set it up so he would die like the mange. Beise gets behind him at the end. At the most it will be censored. If they did Hisoka's card trick they'll get around this.
That's why B is Plot Hole Escape. :^_^

But yeah I am expecting him to die. It's just a matter of A or C really.


As far as the next episode 40 goes I think it's gonna be

Chapter 68 Flesh Collector's Mansion (part 2)
Chapter 70 To Yorknew


41

Chapter 71 The Auction Begins

Though I'm not sure if it will end with Chapter 72...Just cause that's not the best ending.
I mean Miss Neon having a temper tantrum and then Hunting for your dream plays? :gwah

I think what might happen instead is for Episode 41

-Starts off with Nostrade Family and Employees at Lingon Airport
-They drive past the Phantom Troupe
-Gon and Killua meet Leorio again
Break
-Milluki frustrated/Leorio, Gon, and Killua try and figure out how to make money
-Dalzollene plans for the auction/Neon Temper Tantrum
-Phantom Troupe plans to raid the auction
-End

Then 42 will be

-Arm Wrestling
-Sonata of Darkness
-Skipping Speeches
Break
Chapter 74 September the 1st Part 3

the rest should then go back to the normal two chapters an episode.

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

while I'm normally against changing the order around I think this way which would probably be chronological order provides for a better cliffhanger.
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
My guess (for epi 40)
next episode will do last part of Flesh collector's... until Neon arrives and went on the car... (this episode will be shorter)... maybe it will end with Gon and Killua arriving at York shin too...
Hunting for your dreams play....
Huncyclopedia
then wait a minute, you think the episode is cut short an additional footage comes up from the manga but this is no preview (just like they do on the movies this days)...
this is where Genei Ryodan assemble
and
after that 5min clip
preview.
commercial
next program.
But I could be wrong...
 
Last edited:

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
41

Chapter 71 The Auction Begins

Though I'm not sure if it will end with Chapter 72...Just cause that's not the best ending.
I mean Miss Neon having a temper tantrum and then Hunting for your dream plays? :gwah
That part can be easily cut. They can end it with Franklin&Feitan saying "We are thieves." "We steal." and going away. That could be a great ending imo.
Then episode 42 is the last page of chap 72 plus chapters 73-74 and the beginning of 75, ending with Mafia shooting down the GR balloon and Ubo saying he will handle them himself.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Y no Neon? :gwah
Oh yeah she doesn't speak in the next episode. Still wanted to see her design tho.
And yeah, the last hope for Kaito is now dead.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That part can be easily cut. They can end it with Franklin&Feitan saying "We are thieves." "We steal." and going away. That could be a great ending imo.
Then episode 42 is the last page of chap 72 plus chapters 73-74 and the beginning of 75, ending with Mafia shooting down the GR balloon and Ubo saying he will handle them himself.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------



Y no Neon? :gwah
Oh yeah she doesn't speak in the next episode. Still wanted to see her design tho.
And yeah, the last hope for Kaito is now dead.

But I don't want it cut out.

I much rather have the order changed around then have missing scenes.

I think the Neon temper tantrum fits better onto the next episode since we get the subsequent "she's taking a nap" scene afterwards. So that could be the break/return from break maybe?

I just don't think it works very well as an ending.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Ok guys what do you think will be the butler's fate?

A. Human Body Shield

B. Plot hole Escape

C. Ambiguous Censorship Fainting

winners should be announced Episode 40...not that you'll win anything
I'll go with A. If they can show Hisoka killing Kastro off with his cards, then they'll pull this one off as well. :mono

I have faith in Madhouse.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
But I don't want it cut out.

I much rather have the order changed around then have missing scenes.

I think the Neon temper tantrum fits better onto the next episode since we get the subsequent "she's taking a nap" scene afterwards. So that could be the break/return from break maybe?

I just don't think it works very well as an ending.
I mean, that scene can be moved to the next episode and that's it.


Yeah, about the butler, I'm pretty sure he will die.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top