Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Refraction

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
59
Reaction score
125
Gender
Male
Country
Iceland
I just happened to catch a glimpse of the episode earlier on, so I'd like to chip in and say that I...er...really like Shalnark's voice (no, no; don't look at my avatar--that's got nowt to do with it!) I felt that Hidaka-san made him sound enthusiastic, sincere and affable--which I thought was nice, because Shalnark seems like such a good lad when he's not, you know...doing bad things, etc.

Elsewhere, I do think it was a good call to develop some sort of build up to Chrollo's voice and eventual orders: Phinks and Shalnark seemed sort of innocuous, just standing there on their own when the camera descended upon the group. But then, when one realises that these people are assembling for something, one is soon to twig on that these guys comprise that heinous organisation to which the show has adumbrated hitherto: the Troupe. From that point, one waits eagerly to get a glimpse of (presumably) the most rotten member of the lot--and we're given some further glimpses of the Troupe as the episode wanes on, so you really get a sense of the crescendo, I guess. I think that's probably a one-up on the manga, I have to admit. Not to say that can't be justified as well, but it seems maybe a bit curt, maybe a bit matter-of-fact. Maybe.

Extraneously, I wish to say that I actually happen to love like my own children the photo-realistic depiction of Yorknew in Nippon's version. Oh, yes. It makes me tingle. It makes me giddy. I threw a table at fire-hydrant when the depiction was changed in the second OVA.
Although I don't have children. But if I did, I imagine I would love them like that depiction of Yorknew. And I didn't throw a table at a fire-hydrant.
Tables are heavy.
 
Last edited:

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I forgot to mention how cool I think Phinks voice is, despite barely hearing at all in this episode. Here I was expecting to hear KENN's bishonen voice when what actually came out of the character's mouth was a pretty rough voice. I'm impressed!
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I just think Shal is too emotional and cheerful now. He should be more calm imo. And sound a little more mature, not like a 12 yo like others have already said >< That's the first time I have to say it, but the NA version was better this particular time imo. Maybe I'll get used to it huh.
The other members sound just awesome. I wonder how'd Coltopi sound... I think he talked at least once in the YS arc. Too bad Bonolenov speaks for the first time
in Chimera Ants arc.
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What I think they should do for the intro before the opening

Have the Phantom Troupe do the power walk and name each member then zoom out to show the whole troupe.


Then show the Nostrade Family and each of their positions in the group

Then show Yorknew to indicate that's where they'll meet.

The Narrator would be like

"Shalnark, Franklin, Kortopi, Machi, Bonolenov, Hisoka, Phinx, Nobunaga, Pakunoda, Uvogin, Shizuku, and Chrollo. These are the Spiders. They are the Phantom Troupe. Their mission: To steal all the items from the underground auction"

then

"Basho, Linssen. Rear Entrance Surveillance." Or it might be better to just subtitle the positions?

"Shachmono Tocino, Baise, Ivlenkov. Auction."

"Kurapika. Melody. Front Entrance Surveillance."

Squala. Dalzollene. Guarding Neon."

"The Nostrade Family"

"These two families will meet...at the Underground Auction in Yorknew City."

DEPARTURE PLAYS.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
To Sticky about the next episode prologue

That sounds way overly complicated man. I'd probably just make it a summary of Yorknew city. "An auction where everything can be sold" discuss the underground auction itself etc. I think naming all the spiders, bodyguards and stating their goals is too limiting and too much info for the pre episode prologue. A description of Yorknew and the world auction/underground auction itself would probably better set the tone for the episodes to come.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
To Sticky about the next episode prologue

That sounds way overly complicated man. I'd probably just make it a summary of Yorknew city. "An auction where everything can be sold" discuss the underground auction itself etc. I think naming all the spiders, bodyguards and stating their goals is too limiting and too much info for the pre episode prologue. A description of Yorknew and the world auction/underground auction itself would probably better set the tone for the episodes to come.
How is it complicated?

It's just stating who each member is and then that they will meet at Yorknew.

Heck they could not name the members and instead talk about the auction but show all the members doing the power walk.

I JUST WANT THE POWER WALK DARN IT. IT'S TOO AWESOME TO BE IGNORED.

(and it can be a one time intro too)
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Okay, I'm making a bigger post now.

My opinions on the phantom troupe (Note: I'm not familiar with the 99 version's VAs, subbed or dubbed):

Chrollo - Miyano is a doing a good job with his voice so far. In fact, I was never skeptical of Miyano's ability as a VA for Chrollo, and if I were to pick anyone to voice him, I'd pick Miyano in a heartbeat. He sounds pretty similar to how I would've imagined reading the manga. Appearance wise... Chrollo needs a shirt.

Machi - We've already heard her before. I didn't have an issue then, and I don't have an issue with her VA now. I think her VA does a good job portraying Machi's cold attitude.

Nobunaga - Again, another good VA doing a good job. I was pleased with Uchida's job portraying Nobu. Sounded exactly how I imagined he'd sound reading the manga.

Feitan - What can I say? Kappei did an excellent job, IMO. Sounds like L, but a colder L. I can't complain here. I don't understand Japanese, so I can't give any opinion whether MH was staying true to Feitan's inexperience with the language.

Paku - Romi did an okay job. I wish Paku's voice wasn't that deep though. It'll grow on me, though. No huge complaints here.

Hisoka - Everyone already knows my opinions on Daisuke Namikawa's abilities. <3

Uvo - Rider!!! <3 No complaints here. Ootsuka is able to make Uvo's reinforcement personality shine with his performance.

Phinks - No complaints here, but he only said like, what, 5 words? Kenn did a good job based on that, though, IMO.

Shizuku - No complaints, but she didn't talk much. From what I heard, though, it's similiar to how I'd imagine her sounding from the manga.

Koltopi and Bono - no opinions yet

Franklin - Like his voice. Suits him well.

Shalnark - His voice is too high pitched compared to how I imagined his voice to sound in the manga. I mean, I imagined Shalnark to have a boyish voice, but this one's almost too girly/boyish instead of just boyish. I'll get used to it, it's not utterly atrocious, but definitely my least favorite in comparison to the other VAs.

Not phantom troupe related, but Kana Ueda's voice fits Neon quite well! And I like the Puu-chan cellphone strap.

I'm glad they added the scene with the old bodyguard mounted on the wall. That part was creepy... in a good way.

Overall, the episode was okay-good to me, provided how much hype was behind it. I feel like the direction was a little too choppy at times, switching between the Nostrade bodyguards and the phantom troupe with little apparent flow between some of those scenes.

As I mentioned before, they either cut out the extra scene with Killua and Gon's competition or are saving it for next episode. I really hope they don't cut it out completely since I think the outcome of the competition is hilarious, and I was looking forward to that scene getting animated. It's on the same level of them cutting out the sushi scene to me. Not as bad as no Kite flashback since that can still happen after GI.

Leorio next week! <3

Next week better be awesome in comparison.

7.5/10

As always, thank you for the manga/99/2011 comparisons, SHINOBI! :)

--------------------------

EDIT: Even now, I find myself getting really excited watching the ending sequence with Galneryus, and thinking about all the things to come in the Yorknew Arc.
 
Last edited:

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
What I think they should do for the intro before the opening

Have the Phantom Troupe do the power walk and name each member then zoom out to show the whole troupe.


Then show the Nostrade Family and each of their positions in the group

Then show Yorknew to indicate that's where they'll meet.

The Narrator would be like

"Shalnark, Franklin, Kortopi, Machi, Bonolenov, Hisoka, Phinx, Nobunaga, Pakunoda, Uvogin, Shizuku, and Chrollo. These are the Spiders. They are the Phantom Troupe. Their mission: To steal all the items from the underground auction"

then

"Basho, Linssen. Rear Entrance Surveillance." Or it might be better to just subtitle the positions?

"Shachmono Tocino, Baise, Ivlenkov. Auction."

"Kurapika. Melody. Front Entrance Surveillance."

Squala. Dalzollene. Guarding Neon."

"The Nostrade Family"

"These two families will meet...at the Underground Auction in Yorknew City."

NEW EPIC OPENING THEME PLAYS.
Fixed that for you. :derp

Okay, okay. I just want a new song, alright? Departure isn't bad, but it doesn't fit Yorkshin. Especially since it was geared for the last two arcs already.

Hunting For Your Dream is a keeper though.
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
The opening will probably change in episode 51.

Hopefully a new song, not Departure v3.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Departure is too cheerful. Plus, only 3 seconds of the opening really pertain to the current arc. It's not Heaven's Arena nor Hunter Exam anymore.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I mostly hate the Hunter Exam footage, its so unnecessary. I'd love to see a Yorknew Opening that's dark and exciting sounding, that later we get Greed Island footage added to the second half of it. I could be okay with that becoming a trend, just no more Departure (and I love the song, I just like change)
 

Beans

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
188
Reaction score
243
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Was this track ever played in the Anime?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^I honestly can't remember... but i'm leaning on saying no. It's a nice song though.
 
Last edited:

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Was this track ever played in the Anime?
Yes it was. During the bus ride to Zoldyck mansion. Also I believe leading up to the farewell of main four and promise to meet again at York New.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Fixed that for you. :derp

Okay, okay. I just want a new song, alright? Departure isn't bad, but it doesn't fit Yorkshin. Especially since it was geared for the last two arcs already.

Hunting For Your Dream is a keeper though.
I agree.

But if they change the song every 13 episodes then it should stay until 52.


But who knows? Maybe they will change it. It would actually be a great place since the Yorknew Auction has begun.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I agree.

But if they change the song every 13 episodes then it should stay until 52.


But who knows? Maybe they will change it. It would actually be a great place since the Yorknew Auction has begun.
I think the season will end by the episode 50. The last season was actually 24 episodes long as the two recaps weren't included in the DVDs. And the DVDs are actually 3 episodes each. So it's either 24 episodes or 27, and I doubt they'd make a season last longer than 26.

And imo it'd be really better to change OP/ED for every 12-pack. The first'd be very cheerful, showing the Hunter judges and participants. The second'd be a little darker, more focused on Killua and Zoldycks. The third'd be more cheerful again with more of HA fighters etc. Then the next two would cover YS and the two after would be for GI. Doesn't that sound perfect?
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Meh, I actually doesn't care YET. Departure is a good song, it has grown in me.

After the 50 I will worry if it doesn't change, but it wont me stop enjoying the series anyway.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ok so outline for how I think the next episode should go

Intro has Phantom Troupe power walk

Opening

-I don't know how but they should somehow include the missing scenes with Gon and Killua. Even if they have to change them it's better than not having them.

-Leorio arrives

-Milluki sets out to get Greed Island

-Arm wrestling

-Kurapika and Melody talk

-Auction begins

-End Volume 8

-Hunting for your dream
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
The title Defend And Attack makes no sense without
Phantom Troupe's attack,
so I guess they'll cover full two chapters.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
The title Defend And Attack makes no sense without
Phantom Troupe's attack,
so I guess they'll cover full two chapters.
The Bodyguards are defending, the Troupe is attacking. The episode will clearly end with the attack on the auction attendees
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top