If Luffy will use weapon in future... What it will be???

vagabond87

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
1,678
Reaction score
1,212
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Hi everybody :)
When I was reading Impel Down Arc and saw Magellans ability i tought that if Luffy had something on his hands protecting him from standard Magellans poison he will have chance of winning(of course it was before i saw Kinjite;) and now I think how he can touch Admiral(Akainu anyone?) without taking damage.. And I think he need weapon to do so and in my opinion best weapon for Luffy will be some fighting gloves or something like that made out of same material as Whitebeards bisento.
So what do you think people???:darn
 

MidnightAngel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
id say knuckle's or something like that, he's not the type to use swords or other sort of weapon that needs mastery to be efficient.
 

LeKuaSimi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
104
Reaction score
25
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
I do remember once seeing Luffy using his slippers as gloves...Not sure whether that is in a filler or not though.
 

Spaceman-Spiff

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
47
Reaction score
43
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
He'll use Mr. 3

Kididing aside, I think Luffy will just use whatever he can use at the time. He's not the type who will carry a certain weapon all the time.

But, don't you think Luffy and Mr. 3 make a good combo? Mr. 3 can create any shape of armor/weapon for him, albeit as fragile as wax.
 

Black Mirror

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2010
Messages
114
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
if he gets a weapon , it will be something that does not kill humans^^

well a pistol would suit him perfectly. (yeah this normally kills people but if you think about usopp using his kabuto that is supposed to be better than any pistol and is never killing anyone....^^) a bazooka would be good as well but i think in future luffy will just have to concentrate his haki on his finger and beat all people like bellamy up^^
 

givensp

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
60
Reaction score
11
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
since i dont think that luffy would use a weapon with a blade like sword or spear and since almost all of his attacks r punches or kicks of some kind, I would want him to use some kind of metal gloves but not gauntlets like nami used on sky iland
 

Oblivion

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2007
Messages
773
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
his strawhat with blade edges!!!
 

bittman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
929
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
A magical rainbow unicorn horn to increase the power of his headbutts.

Or maybe some floaties
 

DARK

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
2,876
Reaction score
739
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I find the notion of Luffy using an actual weapon inconceivable. I don't think Oda was planning to give Luffy any physical weapon. Why else would he have Luffy name his attacks based on weapons?
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
We have some great ideas so far! :amuse

Atm.. it's hard to imagine Luffy always carrying a weapon with him like Zoro or even WB for that matter. But, I would like to see Luffy use a unique weapon in the future! The weapon has to compliment his df ability.

@ cippy - Nice idea! LOL Imagine how it would look like if Luffy used a nunchaku with gomu gomu gatling. xD

Personally, I think it would be awesome if one of the SH's (be it Luffy or not & excluding Zoro!) used a df weapon. ;)
 

DeeDotRagon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Should Luffy get a weapon?

Hi there guys, long time lurker, first time poster!

As Luffy gains more control over his Haki he'll hopefully be able to cause damage to Logia's. However he is still going to need something other than his fist to use on people such as Akainu or Magellen. He would be damaged as well if he started pounding on them even with Haki.

Now i can't see Luffy becoming proficient with a sword and also it would kind of clash with Zoro. He also isn't likely to become good with a weapon in a short period of time, so we may see him training with one at some point. Therefore do you think Luffy needs a weapon, and If so what could it be? I was thinking some sort of fist weapon, but how would it adapt when he used gear 3 etc.

A weapon or something to protect oneself certainly seems to be necessary when fighting someone like Akainu, Aokiji or Magellen.

I think that a weapon would certainly detract from Luffy's fruit abilities and general fighting style. However almost everyone in the New World has a weapon of some sort, perhaps for the very reason of dealing with pesky logias.


P.S I know there is a discussion as to whether Magellen is a logia or paramecia, but for all intents and purposes he is useful in this discussion
 
Last edited:

Junaid_Sennin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
395
Reaction score
168
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Does Luffy need a weapon to fight Logia's, I.e Akainu

I agree with most of what you're saying, I've actually had this same idea in my head since I first felt that Luffy was going to have to become stronger, round about the time Luffy arrived in Amazon Lily.

I've thought of all kinds of possible weapons, and if it were up to me, I'd equip Luffy with a sabre and guns (maybe a rifle and two pistols, I dunno, even just one gun), since as you've already mentioned, this is what pretty much all New World pirates carry. Also, I don't think a staff or nunchaku are a bad idea. He's already used a staff as a kid, and nunchaku kinda suit him, at least in my mental picture they do.

As for the sabre and guns, he doesn't have to be a swordsman on Zoro's level or a marksman of Ussopp's caliber (pardon the poorly veiled pun), he just has to be competent enough in each, and incorporate his busoushoku haki into his weapons to augment their efficacy.

After all, we don't want to completely change Luffy's fighting style, just improve it. At the end of the day, when being pushed to the limit, we still wanna see those Gomu-Gomu attacks, am I right?
 

DeeDotRagon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Does Luffy need a weapon to fight Logia's, I.e Akainu

Excellent reply! I see we're thinking along the same lines. You're right he doesn't have to be as good as zoro with a sword, he just has to see his attacks connect!

Garp doens't seem to have a weapon though, and he's called 'Garp the fist' so maybe he doesnt need one at all. Though maybe he'd consider using something to protect him if he needed it.

I think you're idea of a staff type weapon would be ideal for Luffy.
 

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Re: Does Luffy need a weapon to fight Logia's, I.e Akainu

I don't think some weapon as an utility would somehow ruin Luffy and his fighting style. Even Roger was holding sword and a gun and he doesn't seem to have been a swordsman. Ace also had that dagger of his.

And of course, Luffy is being trained by a swordsman. It would only be natural for Rayleigh to teach Luffy how to counter sword users.
 

MaiSiaoSiao

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2010
Messages
214
Reaction score
17
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Does Luffy need a weapon to fight Logia's, I.e Akainu

Nah i dont think Luffy will need a weapon.He'll just make something up when the time comes.Like in Impel down.Champion Rifle(with mr.3 wax) Lol
 

damane08

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
688
Reaction score
186
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Does Luffy need a weapon to fight Logia's, I.e Akainu

I personally don't think that Luffy needs any kind of weapons... ever.

The way that Luffy fights demands that he has the use of both hands, giving him any kind of weapon will not improve his fighting style.... it'll completely change it.
He most certainly doesn't need a weapon to deal with logias, he needs to learn how to control COA haki.
Instead of training with a weapon I'm thinking that he should probably spend all that time strengthening his COA haki... it seems more important to me.
Marco and Joz are two guys who did extremely well against the admirals and they didn't use weapons and we can't forget Garp, who is living proof that you don't need any kind of weapon to go against logias.... you need really strong COA haki.
 
Top