Discussion If you could bring back one thing from Japan????

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
To Hollow Kurono,

I think it's not in the market anymore due to recent Akihabara hit-and-run & stabbing incident and freak incidents in the past. Any blade with a length more than 13 cm (or around there) is illegal to carry around, and having daggers became outlawed this month due to that Akihabara incident. Anyway, you can't get it past the airport check point. I think you will find yourself in a jail instead plus a heavy fine. I saw some in on-line auctions-ebay or yahoo. I think it's easier to get it abroad since one of my friend kept several in the US. I would stick with that or go to American marine/military/air bases in Japan. I remember they had it couple of years ago. However, you will need to have a special license to keep it in Japan outside of those bases.

But... if you say you must, then they have fake blunt ones and wooden ones in those old style tourist spots in Japan (i.e. Kyoto, Nara, etc.). My bro got one from there.
Yeah,yeah,yeah thats the thing Ive heard to,yeah I was meaning about that incident,yeah,thanx for fiding it for me :)

a japanese girl

first thing that comes to my mind
They sell girls in Japan?
 

Waterdroplet

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 9, 2008
Messages
49
Reaction score
2
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
welcome :)

er... I don't think they sell girls- unless you meant by some sort of human trafficking going on in black market in any country. Anyway, Japanese females are known to rule the house hold- so don't expect to find a meek traditional types of girls you see in movies such as Last Samurai.
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
welcome :)

er... I don't think they sell girls- unless you meant by some sort of human trafficking going on in black market in any country. Anyway, Japanese females are known to rule the house hold- so don't expect to find a meek traditional types of girls you see in movies such as Last Samurai.
I was just kidding man.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
of course you have to woo them you know win them over and bring them back... for free :ossu
 

ILUVATAR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
532
Reaction score
50
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Azurel said:
A real katana.
Hollow Kurono said:
If it would be possible a true katana,a true katana,that could slice threw bone,I realy would like to have one,but if these things aint at the markets anymore,it would be some kind of comic book or some Gantz merchandise
Windmillblade said:
a masamune samurai katana
the choice is obvious xD Katanas own everything... even Japanese girls.... hmm that sounded a little perveted... to prefer a sword from a woman xD oh my
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
OBJECTION!!!
.....
....
...
..
.
TAKE THAT!!! :D

(hot) Japanese chicks> Swords any time!
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
OBJECTION!!!
.....
....
...
..
.
TAKE THAT!!! :D

(hot) Japanese chicks> Swords any time!
:D you think about those Bleach Orihime,Yoruichi and etc. types aint you?Well I never saw a real japanese girl with boobs like that or as tall as they are and beeing so kind as they are in the mangas and animes :) the only hot japanese girls I saw in real life,not animated were the ones in Tokyo Drift and god they were hot,if I had to choose :D who to take,them or a katana :notrust Id take both :D but to bad both are illegal.


the choice is obvious xD Katanas own everything... even Japanese girls.... hmm that sounded a little perveted... to prefer a sword from a woman xD oh my

:D
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Dude, I've been to Japan... I know how they really look... :rofl And yes, hot chicks > swords any day!
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
OH yeah??Hmm,Ill take that as a good sign,I think one day Ill go to Japan myself,maybe I finnaly find my one true love :D doubt that.So and hows japan,met any girls?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Only stayed for two days. My flight got knocked off, so I decided to hit the airport hotel... then I missed my next flight, so I had to stay another day :rofl I couldn't chat anyone up since I only know how to say "hello", "bye", "thank you", and "cigarettes please"... hehehe...
 

Emily00

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
85
Reaction score
19
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I don't think I could choose ONE thing to bring back. My fiancee and I want to be travelers someday and hopefully live in a couple different countries for months-year(s), including japan, which will be difficult but it's just a wish at the moment. Haha.

But anyways, of a list of stuff I'd want to get would be manga, doujinshi, art books, clothes, figures, dishes or bowls, a nice bento box, books (non-manga), I dunno I'm sure there's a lot more stuff I could think of that I'd want. :P
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
One thing from Japan is hard! I would love to bring back manga artbooks (cheaper there?) and yaoi mangas and artbooks, and maybe some figurines!

But to represent japanese culture, a kimono would be nice! :tem
 

Arystar Krory

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 23, 2008
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
A real katana is too good.
 

krazykone12

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2007
Messages
128
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
a genuine bokken, and a pachinko machine
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
The cell phone charms are absolutely adorable! I got one and it's <333333333 It's my lucky charm =)
 

ofuda

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Hah, I would take a bunch of American comics, burgers, ice-cream and sweets to Japan.
 

Networks

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2008
Messages
104
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Any blade with a length more than 13 cm (or around there) is illegal to carry around, and having daggers became outlawed this month due to that Akihabara incident. Anyway, you can't get it past the airport check point. I think you will find yourself in a jail instead plus a heavy fine. I saw some in on-line auctions-ebay or yahoo. I think it's easier to get it abroad since one of my friend kept several in the US. I would stick with that or go to American marine/military/air bases in Japan. I remember they had it couple of years ago.
In Kill Bill, Uma Thurman carries a katana on the plane at her side O0

Ill bring.. a... hmm a lot of mangas... maybe
 

Tim Edgren

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
from Japan eh???
a fine looking japanese girlfriend XD
 

Illusionary

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 14, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
4
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
France
i'm going to ignore the canada and US part ;)

i would kidnap all the bishonens in japan, and create an army of pretty people <3

then we'll have pretty people meetings and talk about how much of a japanphile i am.


I live in japan for a good part of the year, so in honestly i'd probably bring back some of my neighbors homemade tea.
 
Top