I'll follow you into the dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

I don't even want to know what inspiration you can get from that. :blink

Anyway, I finished Ch. 6 so if anyone was waiting for the full thing, it's here - all 26 pages of it. ^^
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

I don't even want to know what inspiration you can get from that. :blink
Sort of depends on the imagination of the writer and how convoluted their thinking can be :p
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

That's... probably true.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

That's... probably true.
So expand your mind...see where that could take you :zomg
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

No thank you~
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

So close-minded :(
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

These are all the characters in the new Persona fighting game.







































 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

Yep, I saw those already. It's pretty cool how each color palette is a reference to a video game or a anime character.
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

of course you did... :p

I can NEVER surprise you with anything... :scry
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

I'm sure you will
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

How was work? :chu
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

It was pretty good. We mostly did the typical getting to know you type thingy.

Here is the return of funny work stories~ :confetti

6th Grade, Math class

Girl #1: *talking about her summer vacation* I got to see my nephews and nieces!
Girl #2: Wait a minute! You are already an aunt!?
Girl #1: Yeah, I'm the youngest of five children.
Girl #2: But how?
Girl #1: Well, my oldest brother and sister have kids and got married... but not to each other!
6th Grade, Science
The teacher was doing attendance.
Teacher: [name]
Boy: Here!
Teacher: Is Chad your brother by chance?
Boy: No. All of my teachers so far have asked me that question and no, I don't know anybody by the name of Chad!
Teacher: Good. :noworry
Everyone in the classroom: Why is that a good thing!? :gwah
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

Sometimes-weird-and-creepy stories are back! :celebrate

Why does everyone hate Chad? :o

Poor kid...
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

LOL I have a feeling he's a troublemaker
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

LOL I have a feeling he's a troublemaker
Hopefully you'll get to meet him soon :derp
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

If I do, I'll let you know :derp
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

Extract of Assassin's Creed 3 creative director Alex Hutchinson interview.

Why do Nintendo get it right? It releases a new edition of the same franchise every year and no one bats an eyelid. Why?

You want my real answer? I think there's a subtle racism in the business, especially on the journalists' side, where Japanese developers are forgiven for doing what they do. I think it's condescending to do this.

Seriously?

Yeah. Just think about how many Japanese games are released where their stories are literally gibberish. Literally gibberish. There's no way you could write it with a straight face, and the journalists say 'oh it is brilliant'.

Then Gears of War comes out and apparently it's the worst written narrative in a game ever. I'll take Gears of War over Bayonetta any time.

It's patronising to say, "oh those Japanese stories, they don't really mean what they're doing".

You feel there isn't a fair universal standard?

I just think the simple question should be; is the story any good?
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...-interview-alex-hutchinson/?page=2#top_banner

:fan
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

Wow, I can imagine the flame wars going on in the comments. :oh
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

Yeah...he sounds butthurt
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

Pretty much.

From what I've read online, most people said that JRPG is going downhill. I don't know where he read those reviews praising JRPG. :oh
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top