Yeah Raven is freaking annoying. First few times I fought her, it was doing my head in. Eventually, got used to her so she's no longer really an issue. She's one of the characters I like using a lot though. I just start the game and let the AI keep hitting me, it's better since power grows faster when you're hit than when you hit and then she subs health later, allowing me to kill the first person with a few heavy attacks and take out the second with a SP2. Now Killerfrost prime is the one that really pisses me off especially when I'm playing MP and I'm using a team that doesn't have power gen boost. If you're up against both KF, it's almost a definite loss. Power gen severely reduced and healing reduced to only 10% efficiency. Plus their SP1 that makes you move extra slow.
Yeah shazam is pretty crazy. Add that to the fact that he has the highest life stat in the game. I use Ra'as al ghul'a sword as his gear as it gives you 1 bar starting power plus drains opponents power on light attack combo ender. Pair him up with Batgirl prime and he's starting the game with 2 bars. Play a little and he gets to 3 bars and he solos the entire team. Within the 12 seconds, I get to use the SP2 about 3-4 times which is more than enough to take out everyone. Pretty hax.
Yeah, at that level, you'd meet lots of opponents with fully evolved and maxed out gear. Worse, they almost always use up the 3 gear spots so it's crazy. You should be fine though. Red son is one of the best teams. Basic Damage boost, Max health increase and one of the highest power gen you can get from any team.
You should know that SP3s are rarely helpful in online MP though. In the single player/challenge mode, the SP3s deal the damage specified in the description but online, the AI has a chance to easily block up to about 40% of the attack. When that much is blocked, chances are the SP3 is dealing less or equal damage that the SP2 would have except taking up more bars. If you've mastered how to ensure your SP2 hit and aren't blocked, you're far better off using that instead. Especially since most SP2 are sufficient to kill about any opponent if it's not blocked.
Well I have a lot of characters (all the silver and bronze at EVII except New52 flash). Also have a lot of gold at EVII. Just missing a few. There are a lot of characters I like and use frequently. The femme fatale team, bleed out, tag team and Arkham. There's also Raven, killing joke joker, Martian man hunter and shazam. They have very nice passives. Lesser used ones are Doomsday, Regime Superman, Black Adam. The Red sons as well (only missing Green lantern). Zatanna has a nice passive too but it's a lot harder to predict the selection since it moves pretty fast. Ah well, I like most of the characters