Archived Introduction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Introduction Thread

Hey, thanks for the welcome!
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to the forums, beautiful filipina girl Ayah and Oro chan ^^
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Introduction Thread

@ Gold Knight: :blink :o
Err... thank you for the welcome, everyone! :occa
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcom Ayah. :knk :glomp :knk

Enjoy yourself here. Be active and get to know lots of people here. We are glad to have you here.
 

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
86
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Introduction Thread

Orochimaru-chan said:
Hobbies would be drawing and walking, I love walks especially walks early in the morning.
Really? I like walking very late at night till morning! Hahaha, if you lived in Kavala we might have met someday :tem Anyhow, welcome to the forum and hopefully we'll be seeing you around :thumbs
 

OniSpike

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Introduction Thread

Hello all:

I am OniSpike. I am 16 and I live in New York. I am a cascusian male, six foot eight and I am on my school basketball team.

My favorite animes are Cowboy Bebop, Gundam, Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cromartie High and Gantz. There are a lot of others but, the list might be a bit too long. My favorite mangas are the animes, I listed above. I like both the animes/mangas.

I am a bit behind in Bleach because I spent some time finishing up; Monster, Slam Dunk and working on Berserk. I do watch the Naruto dub, while watching subs and reading the manga. I think the dub team did a decent job and I was suprised how good it did, at least its better than the One Piece dub. My favorite characters in Naruto are Naruto, Kakashi, Sasuke, Shikamaru, Kisame, Itachi, Gai, Rock Lee and a lot of others.

My like a lot of video games, I have a big taste in different genres of games. I am currently playing the new Devil may Cry 3 expansion and enjoying it. I just finished God of War, Call of Duty 2, Budokai: Tenchakai, Half-Life 2 and Yu Yu Hakusho: Dark Tournament.

I am exicited to be part of the forums here on NarutoFan. I hope to befriend some users, lose my social life, gain some respect and enjoy a long long stay here.
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to us, OniSpike, hope you have a good time here. :) Feel free to PM me or any other member of the staff if there is anything you are wondering about. ^__^
 

KaiserRyuujin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to the boards OniSpike, have fun posting. Watch out for the spam monster, decieving it can be, so be mindful of it! Dont listen to a thing it says, thats the decieving part...>_> Also the elfs...evil little buggers....just come right out of the tree's! Got poor Snap...v_v *walks off*
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Introduction Thread

OniSpike said:
I am exicited to be part of the forums here on NarutoFan. I hope to befriend some users, lose my social life, gain some respect and enjoy a long long stay here.
Have fun and welcome to the forum, but try to not lose your social life, OniSpike =O
 

Zenith

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
741
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Introduction Thread

welcome to the forums OniSpike! The part with losing your social life is funny. I'm sure you're not really serious are you? O.o"
 

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
86
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Introduction Thread

Nah, he is just being humourous :D (I think :sweat )
You know, spending so much time here affects all aspects of our lives, but if each one of us doesn't matter then it's ok in my opinion :thumbs
 

Tanuki-dono

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
566
Reaction score
23
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Gold Knight suggested that I introduce myself here, and after letting the idea stew for a few days, I finally broke down and decided to do it. So, hello all.  :p

Tanuki-dono is my username, as you can see, but if it bothers you to type out such a thing, then Erin will suffice.  I am a [relatively] new fan to the series featured here.  I've always been an anime and manga fan, since I was a grade schooler. (I can remember when I had to travel far just to find manga or anime in a store in the early 90s, and now it's everywhere...)  Now I am a 18-year-old college student, and I'm still finding new series to like.  I've dabbled in most fandoms and genres.

I avoided Bleach and Naruto for a good while, and I don't know why.  I few years back, all of my friends started converting to Naruto, and I think I harbored some strange bitter complex about it. As for Bleach, I simply didn't get involved. I got busy with life and didn't have the time, or so I thought.  I was coaxed into watching Bleach last fall by a friend and promptly blew through all of the fansubs at an alarming rate.  My interest in episodes, however, has waned since the filler arc began.  I'm mostly caught up with the manga.  The last one I read was where Rukia was injured. Need to get in gear and read the rest, I suppose.  As for Naruto, I'm even newer to that.  I've known of it for a very long time, but I resisted the movement. (One of my close friends was raving about it when news of it being turned into an anime hit Japan.)  Many years later, I noticed that they were running a dub on Cartoon Network. "Must have gotten popular," I thought.  Even though I'm not fond of dubs, I wound up sitting in for an episode alongside my little sister - the episode featuring Haku's childhood.  This was New Year's, by the way, just to give you an idea of how new I truly am. And despite the dub, I was like a fish with a bloodied hook through his cheek.

The next thing I knew, I had bought a cheap fansub of the earlier episodes from eBay and I had downloaded the rest.  Then I watched all of them and fell hopelessly in love.  Then, I stumbled upon NarutoFan.com and the manga, and here I am today, via a link from the one of the members of that site.  I fell in love with the characters from Naruto pretty quickly.  And that love-obsession still persists.  I adore the pseudo-family-comrade relationships the most.  And I'm an avid fan of Konoha's Yellow Flash.

You'll probably see me in Naruto Discussion the most, since I can't really offer much other than thanks in the Translation and Scanslation department.  Unless a cloud opens up to let the rays of brightness in and I suddenly learn Japanese, anyway...

Quickstats:
Name: Tanuki-dono (Erin)
Age: 18 (soon to be 19 in March)
Gender: Female
Eyes: Very light blue
Hair: Dark blonde
Height: 5'4"
Home: United States
Favorites in Naruto: I can honestly say that I find each and every character interesting (even Orochimaru). My absolute favorite is Naruto. He's an adorable kid, and I'm always fond of trouble kids.  Team 7 and Team Yellow Flash hold a special place in my heart.  Other than that, all of the mentor/parental figures to Naruto are adored (Iruka, Sarutobi, Kakashi, Jiraiya, Tsunade)...


That's all. This got rather long.  But I'm from the South, so I do have the tendency to stretch out conversations.  I should come with a warning label.  :noworry
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Erin, hope you'll have fun with us here. :) If there's anything you are wondering about, send a PM in the direction of me or any other of the staff. ^___^
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome, Erin and also OniSpike.

Both of your posts look pretty impressive to me. Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here for as long as you like. Feel free to ask if you have questions. Be active and participate in this forum. Enjoy. Nice to meet you all. :thumbs
 

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
3,303
Reaction score
29
Gender
Hidden
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Introduction Thread

Every seriously involved member has posted an introduction. As I'd like and intend to be one as well....

Originaly I signed in as unreachable_predator just to get RAWs, but found out this site had more sense than NF (no offense). So I started reading the forums, posting rarely. Now that I've gotten common with this place, I think I'm about to move in permanentely. And just to know - this sites admins are the best I've seen.

Oh, Yeah......More about me.
I'm 20 and for now I'm a student of management sciences in University of Latvia. I've finished whole 13 years of French lycee and have fair knowledge of IT among people I know. I like social sciences in a practical meaning. Learning theories is not the best way to apply knowledge.
I find it difficult to grasp the system of measuring things in inches and so on, that's why I can't write my height. It's 1,81 metres in EU. My hair is brown and eyes ... well mix of blue and gray. Everything else is as normal 2 eyes, tongue, 20 fingers and so on.
Two special traits are tallent of learning by myself, and unusual senses (just to know).
I like culture of Far East as it has less complexes (as in phobias). As I see people having narrow point of view it makes me wish I was born there.
Lastly, my hobies are running, Hi-tech, martial arts and modern crossbowing.

Once more - It's nice to be here and you are really great company to talk with. :)
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome, Predator_U.

Are you a Latvian? :nuts It's a pleasure to meet you. I am so thrilled when Latvia managed to qualify for Euro 2004 and even score a point. That's quite an achievement for a small country in Europe.

As for the cm and the inches, 1 inch is 2.5 cm. 1 feet is 30 cm. So, 181 cm will be around 6 feet tall. :knk You are so tall compare to me. :s

Anyway, welcome. If you need anything or has any questions in your heart that you have to ask, feel free to PM any of the mods. We will try our best to help you. :ossu
 

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
3,303
Reaction score
29
Gender
Hidden
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Introduction Thread

Thanks eileeenting.

Talking about that football fever...yeah that was a surprise to everyone.
No doubt I'll ask if I don't understand, but that's unlikely.[br]Posted at: February 09, 2006, 11:54:21 AM_________________________________________________This year it will be even wilder, prepare for it.
Hockey Championship and NATO summit will take place in Riga, so you'll hear from us.
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Pred, hope you enjoy yourself here. ^_^
 

Yamato

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Introduction Thread

Hey all its me, Kuchiki Byakuya from NF. I live in New York, I like anime and manga, and photography as a hobby. My favorite characters in Naruto are Kakashi, Naruto, Sasuke, Itachi, Yamato, Kisame, Aoba, adn many other characters.

See you guys around, keep up the good Edited Manga/translation process!
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Introduction Thread

eileenting88 said:
Are you a Latvian? :nuts It's a pleasure to meet you. I am so thrilled when Latvia managed to qualify for Euro 2004 and even score a point. That's quite an achievement for a small country in Europe. 
The netherlands never had any problems qualifying :D (as long as no-one remembers wk'02 ... we don't like to talk about it... ) and Latvia isn't that small - anyways, welcome to the forums Predator_U and Yamato!!

and i just thought, i never kinda 'introduced' myself here, so, 81 posts later then i should, hiya folks!

183 cm / 6'1" (?) tall, male, dark brown hair/eyes, 16 years old, fav character: kabuto :D, and try to translate some english to dutch in the naruto international translations section to.. well.. don't feel like im totally useless :D - and i have a habit of 'over-smileying' my posts, ye have been warned!  :kkbook
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top