Archived Introduction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cairo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

thank you for the warm welcome guys! (: i can see that this forum has some AWESOME staff members! :D kudoooooosss! puhahahaha.

yuuurp. thanks ayah for the thread and your warm words. (:

errm and to WinterLion: i've read ccs, x, rayearth, clover. but i haven't read seiden or chobits. maybe i should get seiden just cuz it's your all time favorite teeheehee. do you know where i could find it??

Thank you LadyHatake! TRC is wonderful. for sure you'll like it. it's kinda repetitive/cliche in the beginning i feel like, but when it hits the 3 digit chapters, it starts to get good. you see true character development, and a lotta shockers, as Gold Knight stated with articulation in his "Ten Comments" topic in the TRC forum. But yeeees. definitely a good manga. (:

Gold knight: dude. my pleasure. your ten comments were very very interesting and fun to read! i look forward to reading more of you analyses... you will do more won't you? (: who knew anime and manga could get deep and metaphorical like all the flippin literature i have to read in college (which i do still enjoy reading)?? ah but then again... not all anime and manga... only certain ones. like trc. MWAHAHAHA. anyways.

Luckas04's comment: hmmm... should i read xxxHolic? I haven't read that one yet. i mean i know they're both related but yeah... i don't know if i'd want to start it.

anywhoooooz.

i feel so luuuurved. got feedback from so many staff members.
thanks guys! keep up the good work! hope to converse with you guys in the near future in some forum or what not.

AAAAARIGATO! :D
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Introduction Thread

cairo said:
Luckas04's comment: hmmm... should i read xxxHolic? I haven't read that one yet. i mean i know they're both related but yeah... i don't know if i'd want to start it.
xxxHolic is a little peculiar as manga, but if you like Clamp mangas I think you should try reading it.
About where to find mangas, I, as many, use #lurk an irc channels; others will suggest you some sites for direct downloading, I don't use them. If you want to look for Seiden, maybe you'll find it as RG Veda, which should be his english name.
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Introduction Thread

Isn't Seiden and RG Veda different?
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Introduction Thread

Ayah said:
Isn't Seiden and RG Veda different?
I didn't know Seiden so I did a little search and Wikipedia answered me: "RG Veda (聖伝, Seiden?) (which can be translated as 'Holy Legend') is an epic manga created by CLAMP, consisting of ten graphic novels in all. It was first published in Japan in 1989 as CLAMP's debut manga. The story features elements of Vedic mythology; the title itself is an alteration of Rigveda, the earliest of the four Hindu religious scriptures known as the Vedas. The series is known for its extravagant and richly detailed art." and this is the link.
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Introduction Thread

Upon checking on the titles CLAMP has worked on, I guess I mistook Seiden for Sohryuden :sweat
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Introduction Thread

What is about Sohryuden?
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Introduction Thread

Sohryuden is a collaborative manga involving CLAMP for illustrations. Here's the Wiki article, and here's a fansite.

Thank you for the compliment, cairo :)
 

cairo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

isn't rg veda a series of novels? is it a manga too? wat's the story behind that book? and one of the characters seems androgenous... i thought she was a female but she had no boobs. :blink haha... not to be crude with the language or anything. but yeah... is he/she ... wat gender? or sex?
i'm not into and don't like shounen-ai/yaoi so that's the only thing i'm turned off with when it comes to CLAMP. But yeah.. that's just my stance and opinion...

is rg veda shounen-ai?
 

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: Introduction Thread

@Lucas: I had no idea that RG Veda was the English name for it. :sweat I only read the manga in Japanese. And yes, 聖伝 is Seiden. Thanks for finding that.

@cairo: A bit of an overview...
One of the main characters: Ashura is a sexless. It's not shounen-ai and definitely nothing that would fall into the category of yaoi. Though Ashura does develop some affection for Yasha (one of the other main characters) and vice versa, it's a familial bond. Asura become his adopted child.
 

CopyNinjaKakashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
196
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

I'm Nick and I'm a Narutard. I am also a 24-year-old biology grad student in the volunteer state.

Likes: mammals, reading, learning, your mom =p(I'm just kidding, but seriously, I like her) intelligent discourse on any topics (even Naruto), Futurama, and KU basketball

Dislikes: ignorant people, Missouri, yada yada yada.

Dreams: To become a biology professor/researcher, inspire people to like science, and have the power to change people (just like Naruto)!!

That's all I got, been reading for a few months, and now I hope to contribute to a intelligent, polite discourse on anything in the Narutoverse!
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

CopyNinjaKakashi said:
I'm Nick and I'm a Narutard. I am also a 24-year-old biology grad student in the volunteer state.

Likes: mammals, reading, learning, your mom =p(I'm just kidding, but seriously, I like her) intelligent discourse on any topics (even Naruto), Futurama, and KU basketball

Dislikes: ignorant people, Missouri, yada yada yada.

Dreams: To become a biology professor/researcher, inspire people to like science, and have the power to change people (just like Naruto)!!

That's all I got, been reading for a few months, and now I hope to contribute to a intelligent, polite discourse on anything in the Narutoverse!
Welcome to MangaHelpers! Bio grad, eh? sounds like alot of work ,oO I'm actually looking into Exercise science for when I enter college next fall. Bio is on my list of fallback majors, though.

So you're from Tennessee, eh? There's a number of members here who are from there as well ^^ Actually, my first choice for college is University of Tennessee =D

If you have any questions, feel free to send PMs to me or any other mod/global/admin. We're happy to help ^^

I look forward to seeing ya around the boards!
 

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: Introduction Thread

Hello Nick, and welcome to MH. I hope you enjoy the community here, and enjoy the discussions we have going on. :amuse

Have you tried any of the other mangas, or just Naruto? If you're looking to expand your manga reading list, we feature a pretty large selection here and since we all have our favorites, pet projects so we'd be more than happy to recommend you a reading list a mile long. :D

Like LadyH said, if you have any questions or problems, feel free to PM the staff, and we'll do our best to help you out.
 

CopyNinjaKakashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
196
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

I have not had the chance to get into any other manga/anime yet. My first anime experience was Ruroni Kenshin and some Neon Genesis Evangelion. I was disappointed that the Kenshin revenge arc in the manga never got its due in anime form. I would love to read more. My friend who got me hooked on Naruto recommended Bleach. So when I am not studying or doing research, which is rare for a grad student ;), I will check out what else you guys have.
 

weixiaobao

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
4,323
Reaction score
917
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

CopyNinjaKakashi said:
I have not had the chance to get into any other manga/anime yet. My first anime experience was Ruroni Kenshin and some Neon Genesis Evangelion. I was disappointed that the Kenshin revenge arc in the manga never got its due in anime form. I would love to read more. My friend who got me hooked on Naruto recommended Bleach. So when I am not studying or doing research, which is rare for a grad student ;), I will check out what else you guys have.
ONE PIECE!! ONE PIECE!!
ONE PIECE!!
 

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: Introduction Thread

CopyNinjaKakashi said:
I have not had the chance to get into any other manga/anime yet. My first anime experience was Ruroni Kenshin and some Neon Genesis Evangelion. I was disappointed that the Kenshin revenge arc in the manga never got its due in anime form. I would love to read more. My friend who got me hooked on Naruto recommended Bleach. So when I am not studying or doing research, which is rare for a grad student ;), I will check out what else you guys have.
I'll second the recommendation for Bleach, though it's been a little slow in the recent chapters, by the time you get that far, you'll be hooked. :XD

We also have a pretty large selection of less well known mangas like the Seinen section (geared toward young adult males) which might be to your taste seeing as you fit into that category. :amuse You might want to check that out sometime when you take a break from studying. ;)
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Introduction Thread

Cairo - well, if movies and American comics are getting in-depth reviews, why not manga, too? I think manga is a lot of times better than movies and American comics anyway. :D

Welcome to MH, Nick. Nice to see somebody else from the state of Tennessee here. I was beginning to think I'd be the only Tennessean here for a long time (though I know Tamerlane eventually plans to move over here, and hopefully Katy will, too :love )

But anyway, have fun discussing Naruto here. ^^
 

waldo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
60
Reaction score
16
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi... I'm Kiko (but Waldo's the alias, insane!) hehe, yeah im a member since June but Im viewing, downloading from this site since you guys started... (about a year ago ryt?) nyweiz, juz became (and want to be) active and involved this past few days... so shoot...

first and foremost, what i like most about MH is the mods... I definitely respect you guys!

esp. The Touch (superb!), Ayah (she's a filipina!), Winterlion (who i feel so responsible), DZ (who also i find very interesting, and yeah a filipina too!) and last but not the least, GK (who i think is the one guy who is the most warm and guy who you can see anywhere in this site... and yeah, i remember you from narutoforums) sounds leeching but hehe, just thinking out loud...

hehe, again, im Kiko, nickname for Francis, 21 years old, graduate of psychology here in the Philippines... currently im doing volunteered work in our church, maybe after a while i'll go work with salary... hehehe

Im really into Naruto and One Piece... and so is my friends... im the one downloading stuffs and sharing them the files...

aside from manga and anime, im so much into american tv series... House, Lost, Heroes, Scrubs, too name a few...

Im also reading superman comics and currently updated with Superman/Batman comics...

I Thank you... Happy Holidays in advance!!!

:)
 

conan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
613
Reaction score
4
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Re: Introduction Thread

hey waldo, nice of you to drop in, your kakashi avatar is hilarious, any welcome to mangahelpers, surf around its fun in here, finallyHEY ANY MODS OUT THERE, COME SAY SOME THING NICE TO THIS GUY, ESPECIALLY THE ONES MENTIONED :smile-big.
dont worry waldo they'll be here in a minute, they are always around, as busy as bees those mods of ours, you cant help but love em all.
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Introduction Thread

Just when I'm about to log out (I have to go right after this), I hear someone is calling for a mod. Oh, it's you conan.

Hi CopyNinjaKakashi/Nick, and Waldo/Kiko :amuse Welcome!

@ Nick
Wow, bio grad! We definitely appreciate people who could make sensible posts so I hope we won't see anything from you that would tell us the opposite. As for manga to recommend, I'll leave it to the others. Your friend already said Bleach while movingstone said One Piece, which are the most popular titles we have here aside from Naruto. Eyeshield 21 is about Japanese high school students playing American Football so if you like the sport, then I guess it's worth checking out.

@ Kiko
We already talked a while ago. Thank you for the compliments! Now, you'll have to wait for the others since they're not logged in (it's early morning in the U.S. so no GK or WinterLion at this time). No bow? :D
 

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Kiko, and thank you for your lovely compliments. ^^

I'm glad you're enjoying the site here, and yes, there's always a few of us around, but with today being RAW day, the threads that aren't directly related to the RAWs tend to take a back seat until things calm down a little. :p

I'm looking forward to seeing you around the forums and I hope you don't go back to hiding. We'd all love to chat with you. :amuse

And if you have any questions, feel free to send one of us mods/globals/admins a PM, and we'll do our best to help you out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top