Archived Introduction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: Introduction Thread

Hello and Welcome to MH SakuraLee. ^^ I hope you have fun posting here.

As a few of our globals have already said, if you have any questions/problems feel free to ask any of the globals/admins. ^^
 

Mr Manga

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome here and Happy New Year SakuraLee :) What else !? ^^
 

SakuraLee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Re: Introduction Thread

Thank you everyone ^^
@ bax: Actually, er the SxS pairing isn't my favourite pairing XD ( is that wierd? ><)

@ rykarreolacr sure I have a link to a fandub:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GCqCwOeClZY
Its pretty short though, I am doing other ones but people just refuse to hand in lines >< I spent have my time on the computer chasing after people for them.
Oh, I live in the UK ^^
And about the picture, ><

@Ayah: I'll have a look at it ^^

@ ichimaru_gin_n_to: I use 'manga angel' on every single forum, not just because it's true (XD haha... NOT) but because I can't think of anything else.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

SakuraLee said:
@ ichimaru_gin_n_to: I use 'manga angel' on every single forum, not just because it's true (XD haha... NOT) but because I can't think of anything else.
Well, the world can always use another angel, even a manga angel. Spread your angelic blessing to everyone in MH, then :D
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome SakuraLee. I saw your fandub and I liked it a lot.
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Re: Introduction Thread

SakuraLee said:
@ rykarreolacr sure I have a link to a fandub:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GCqCwOeClZY
Its pretty short though, I am doing other ones but people just refuse to hand in lines >< I spent have my time on the computer chasing after people for them.
Oh, I live in the UK ^^
And about the picture, ><
WOW!!! That fandub is amazingly well done!!! You could be very helpful if you'd join us in the animation of Raruto!!!
Raruto is a fanmade Spanish comic that parodies Naruto, which I'm Editing in English. We are currently "animating" it so we are always looking for help. ^^
Here's the Raruto board: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?board=138.0
And this is the thread where we are recruiting "voice actors": http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=12131.0
You could be Haku's voice for example. ^^

And about the picture... sorry I couldn't help it. (you are very pretty though). XD
 

Aquarius

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
66
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Introduction Thread

Hello, I'm Aquarius, from France.

I found this forum and community whilst looking for Vagabond translations. I eventually decided to register to be able to take part in discussion and give opinions about the serie.

What are my tastes in mangas ?
As mentionned above I worship Inoue's Vagabond serie. I'm also a big fan of Kurumada's Saint Seiya universe, I quite like Dragon Ball, I'm fond of Captain Tsubasa (though I'm not too aware of the new chapters currently released in Japan), I could also mention Samurai Deeper Kyo, or Rokudenashi Blues as series I like.

See you around, folks !
 

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Introduction Thread

Hello to Aquarius and Sakura Lee! Welcome to MH, and enjoy the fun here!
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Aquarius!! I bet you took that name from Saint Seiya. He's my favorite knight. Anyway, have fun here at MH. ^^
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: Introduction Thread

Salue Aquarius! Comment ça va pour vous? Vous aimez MH jusqu'à présent?

You said that you came to MH for Vagabond translations. I did not read Vagabond yet but if you need naruto translations you could find some of mine.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=12721.0
 

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,654
Reaction score
3,871
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Introduction Thread

Salut Aquarius, et bienvenue en ces lieux de débauche manga-esque :amuse

Fan de Camus, je suppose ? C'est pas le plus mauvais du lot, ça c'est clair^^ Amuse-toi bien ici, et si t'as besoin de savoir quoi que ce soit, envoie un PM à un utilisateur dont le nom est en rouge ou en bleu dans la liste à gauche :thumbs
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to MH, Aquarius. If you look around MH, there maybe more than just Vagabond that you might find interesting, especially in the Seinen Manga section. And as you can see there are a lot of French here, so you might meet more people from your country. Have a great time here! :D
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Introduction Thread

Ahh.. late >.< but never the less, welcome Aquarius^^

A Kyo fan eh? Well, I'm a Kyo fan myself. And like Ichy said, you can find all your Vagabond needs here on MH by looking into the Vagabond board.

Oh, I see that you are interested in Captain Tsubasa too ^^ Right now, Shinji is doing his solo Edited Mangas of Captain Tsubasa ^^ You can get them inside the Captain Tsubasa board.

And like others said, don't hesitate if you have anything to ask ^^
 

Aquarius

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
66
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Introduction Thread

Thank you all for the warm welcomes ! ^_^

I've been browsing MH for months now, so I guess I know where to find what I need.
To answer to the questions and suggestions of some of you :
I indeed borrowed my nickname to some Saint Seiya character, we've the same nationality, same blood group, almost same height and weight, and I appear to have done studies about cold (Aquarius Camus is called " the water and ice wizard", here's the link).

I'm not too fan of Naruto, actually, but thanks for the offer.
About Captain Tsubasa : the whole serie is translated and published in French already, till the World Youth part. I own it for years now, so I don't need the Edited Mangas, sorry. ^^;
 

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: Introduction Thread

Hello and welcome to MH Aquarius. ^^

I hope you enjoy it here. And if you're looking for a new series to pick up, we have quite a large selection. ^^ And if I might recommend one... Until Death Do Us Part. It's a seinen series and it's really great. ^^

Have fun posting, and as some of the globals have already said, if you have any questions/problems, feel free to PM any of the globals/admins. We're here to help if we can. ^^
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Introduction Thread

Salut Aquarius! Non, je ne suis pas Français :tem

I hope I did not butcher your language :s I haven't practiced French for a very long time, and I only know the basics. I think there is an influx of French people joining recently. As we globals plus admins always say, you may approach us if you have any problems concerning MangaHelpers. May you have a great time here :amuse
 

Aquarius

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
66
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Introduction Thread

Française if you're a girl. You didn't butcher it otherwise. ;)

I understoof it, I won't hesitate to pm any of you in case of problem with the forum. I'm not new to internet forums (must be 6 years or so that I'm using them), so I shouldn't encounter too many problems, but one never knows.

I knew there was something wrong with that sentence. I keep forgetting to observe masculine/feminine forms. And yes, I'm a girl. ~ Ayah
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: Introduction Thread

Salut Aquarius! Est-ce que t'as commencé à lire Vagabond parce que c'est un mot français ou quelqu'un t'en a parlé? J'aimerais bien commencer a lire cette manga.
For Non English speakers, I just ask Aquarius if he got into Vagabond because it was a French word or somebody talked to him about it? And I also said I would like to start reading it.
 

Aquarius

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
66
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Introduction Thread

Is French allowed here ? I can stick to English otherwise. Anyway...

Je sais plus exactement comment j'ai commencé. ^^; Je crois que Kyo arrivait à la fin de sa publication au Japon, alors j'ai commencé à chercher d'autres mangas ayant à voir avec les samouraïs, finalement je suis tombé sur Vagabond, j'ai appris qui était Musashi, etc. J'ai jeté un coup d'oeil aux premiers tomes avant de les acheter, puis j'ai avidement enchaîné avec le reste de la série, puis La Pierre et Le Sabre et La Parfaite Lumière (les deux bouquins dont Vagabond est l'adaptation).
Attention, si je suis passé de Kyo à Vagabond, les deux n'ont finalement pas grand-chose à voir. Même s'il y a un peu d'humour par-ci par-là dans Vagabond, on est dans un seinen, tandis qu'après un début un peu sombre, Kyo a vite viré au Dragon Ball-like.
Si tu aimes l'univers des samourais n'hésite pas, au pire lis les premiers tomes en rayon. ^^

The same thing in English and summed up :
So, I got into Vagabond whilst looking for something to replace SD Kyo, as it was reaching its end in Japan. So, looking for something new and good in the samurais universe, I read about Vagabond, and after a quick glance I was convicted. It's really THAT good if you like samurais stories. I quickly bought the whole available volumes.
I also read the Musashi novel, by Eiji Yoshikawa, it's even better than the manga books.
If you can, give it a try, it's worth it. Really. ^^
 

luna_wolf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
237
Reaction score
23
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: Introduction Thread

hello people!
i'm luna wolf and i just joined !!!!
lets see...introducing myself..hmn
well i'm 15 i love manga!!!
i read too much to list them all but some of my faves are:
666satan (or o part hunter in america now :notrust )
naruto
tsubasa r c
xxxholic
fruits basket
bleach
and so many more :p
i'm curently working on my GCSE's :laser i hate it but i must so i can go on to greater things lol
my curant dream is TO RULE THE WORLD!... well thats never going to happen so my dream is to have a dream realy :tem
well ive decided to leav it there or els i may have to start a thread about my slef and no one wnat to hear about the boring and depresing life of a teenager :darn
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top