Archived Introduction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manga_pip

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Country
Macedonia
Re: Introduction Thread

Hey everyone! I'm Manga_pip and I just joined the forums... Um... I'm 16 years old and uh... I'm a guy... Lol I'm not very good at introducing myself! But anyway I just wanted to show my face here :P
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome luna_wolf, I've met some other members whose dream is to rule over the world. maybe you could join them. :tem

Anyway, have fun with all of us here at MH, and if you have any question, don't be afraid to PM any of us moderators. ^^

Same goes with you, Manga_pip. Have fun and if you have any doubt about how this huge maze of threads and boards work, feel free to ask. :p
 

Manga_pip

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Country
Macedonia
Re: Introduction Thread

rykarreolacr said:
...
Same goes with you, Manga_pip. Have fun and if you have any doubt about how this huge maze of threads and boards work, feel free to ask. :p
Thanks :) I'll pm you if i have any problems :P lol
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome luna_wolf and Manga_pip. Have a great time here and don't be afraid to ask around if you wanna get around :D (i'm talking nonsense, aren't i?)
 

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: Introduction Thread

Hello and welcome to MH, luna_wolf and Manga_pip. ^^

Have fun posting and be sure to let one of the globals/admins (or ryk, since he's volunteered himself. :amuse) know if you have any questions/problems. ^^
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi luna_wolf and Manga_pip! Make yourselves at home here at MangaHelpers :smile-big As WinterLion already mentioned, you may approach an administrator, a global moderator, or rykarreolacr (since he volunteered) if you have any questions about MH.
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Introduction Thread

Hello everyone,

My first impression of this website was, WOW. And it's not an exaggeration because this is my first time seeing a forum that especially catered to all my favourite manga like Bleach, One Piece, FMA, PoT and even 666 Satan. Truthfully, I'm not much of a manga fan because I prefer anime but I think I'm slowly converting. I've registered in many forums but I've yet to find a community that suits me because I either find die-hard fans who tend to be nasty or nice people who doesn't share the same manga interests as me or a 'ghost' forum.. I hope that this forum would become the place where I can discuss the mangas I've read and grown to love. Let's see how it goes.. :)
 

Raseru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
687
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to MH, Azurel! Glad you like it here. I too used to prefer anime but manga has grown on me over time.
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Introduction Thread

Ahh.. welcome Azurel.. and I can safely say, you found the right place :)

Yesh.. we have all your favourite manga here, just look at the left side of the page for the links to the specific boards ^^ And have fun here on MH, and if you have the time, please feel free to join in the discussions as well ^^

With that said, if you have any problems/doubts/suggestions feel free to PM the admins or globals. We will help you the best as we could ^^
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Azurel! It is good to know that we have all of your favorite manga (and we usually get them as soon as they're available in the internet. This is especially true with ongoing Weekly Shounen Jump titles). I hope you stick around for a long time. MangaHelpers has nice members who read at least one of the manga you mentioned. Nasty people cannot be avoided in forums, but we in the staff are doing our best in maintaining a pleasant atmosphere. I doubt it would become a ghost forum anytime soon given the member activity. As bax already said, feel free to ask an administrator or a global moderator whenever you have questions or concerns about MH :amuse May you have fun here!
 

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: Introduction Thread

Hello and welcome to MH, Azurel! I'm sure you'll enjoy our community here. ^^ We have lots of knowledgeable members in all areas of manga, and we pride ourselves in our friendly, easy-going atmosphere.

Have fun posting and joining in the discussions. And ad Ayah and bax have already said, if you run into any problems or have questions/complaints/suggestions about the site, let any of the globals/admins know. ^^
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi Azurel, good to see another member joining MH. :D
Reading manga and watching anime is not that much different. Maybe you'll find that there are lots of anime that comes from manga have different storyline or plot twist. Have a great time and be sure to come here to welcome other members. :D
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Azurel to the best manga forum in the Internet. ^^ Make sure to have fun with us in here. :p
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Introduction Thread

Thank you all for welcoming me ^^ Everyone's really nice and friendly.. Maybe we shall bump into each other in one of the many discussion threads one day.. :)
 

glasskatana

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
81
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Hiya Azurel. Glad to see you're an FMA fan! :thumbs

(And you can be sure of one thing, MH is not a ghost forum)
 

woefdram

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
331
Reaction score
470
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi! I'm just here for the naruto spoilers, but i'll make sure to post regularly
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome woefdram! You've come to the right place for looking for Naruto spoilers (unless you want to go to Japanese sites for that). We usually get the spoilers as soon as RAW hunters could find them but right now, there's none. That's because the Weekly Shounen Jump issue that contains Naruto chapter 338 has not been printed yet. Stay tuned in the next few days and we might have them by then :amuse If you have any questions/concerns about MangaHelpers, feel free to approach an administrator or global moderator. Have fun!
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Introduction Thread

Oh ^^ Welcome woefdram :amuse

Like Ayah said, there is no spoilers this week, due to the next SJ will only be printed next week. In the meantime, enjoy the discussions here ^^ And please do tell if you have questions and doubts.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to MH, woefdram! :D
Feel free to look around MH. Maybe you'll find more interesting discussion or other titles that might interest you. :D
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Introduction Thread

Okay... zowie! A lot of members coming here since my last time here.

Warms the heart to see so many new faces avatars!

Chibi Fluffy, glad to see you here. We don't have that many Canadians here I think. Post more! xD

RyuXenon or Kyle, glad you like the site that much ^^

juUnior, finally introduced yourself eh ;) always liked Aladdin myself... good Disney movie.

Uozumi, glad to see you posting here ^^ ff.net eh? I know a lot of young fangirls who like that place xD Hope to see more fanart from you for future contests. ^^

aky0 / Alain - simple and short and sweet introduction eh? I think we lacked a big French community here so I'm glad to see another French person posting here ^^ Hope I get to go to see Paris someday >.>

bleachboy88 - welcome, you sure have a lot of manga interests. You came to the right place then ;)

Mr Manga - the site's gotten so big that it can be pretty confusing for new members, I guess. We'll be working on revamping it so that it might be a little more simplified and easier to navigate. In any case, welcome :) Any worker for Japflap is probably a friend of Eagle = a friend of ours as well. :D

And your English's really good :)

SakuraLee - Welcome, heh. Judging by your hobbies, I would have guessed you'd be a pretty girl. Hope you enjoy it here.

Aquarius - ah, good! Vagabond fan! Love Vagabond. Stay around, okay? ^^ And we have a French Hang Out Thread perhaps (if we don't, you may want to start one in the Languages section) where you can talk all the French you want ( beautiful language, wish I knew more of it. )

luna_wolf - Glad to see you here ^^ And good luck on ruling the world (I'm guessing you're a big Jio fan xD )

Manga_pip - heh, that's a good enough introduction but don't be quiet and let yourself be known around here ;)

Azurel - I'm glad we managed to provide all your manga interests here. One of the things we work the hardest at here is trying to keep the community as friendly as we can possibly get it to be. But that sometimes mostly depends on the community and whether everybody wants to behave or not xD But so far I think we definitely have a great group of people here and I'm especially proud of that fact ^^

As for manga vs. anime, I think it doesn't really matter much. Personally I think the originals are always the best ( ie. Naruto manga before Naruto anime ) by the same token, that goes for anime too ( ie. Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo ). We're trying to generate more interest in anime discussions here because I know we have quite a few anime watchers here, but I guess everybody wants to talk manga more at the moment :p

woefdram - heh, Spoilers, if you don't being spoiled, I think that's a pretty nice feature we have. Couldn't do it without all our dedicated RAW hunters though (especially Touch!)

Anyway, welcome to MH all of you guys! Stay around, post a lot, and if you ever need help just click on the Staff List and pm any of us ^^
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top