Archived Introduction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanguardx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Re: Introduction Thread

Spank you very much all.
 

JanneK

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 9, 2006
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi everyone, my name is Janne and I´m 16 years old. I am from Finland, but I live in Sweden, Stockholm.

My hobbies include reading manga, hanging out with friends, playing floorball and well, the list goes on :amuse
Hope I´ll have a great time here, talking about various mangas and whatnot with you guys/girls!
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome, Janne K. ( sounds like a criminal :kukuku ). Cool drawing in your avatar :amuse, did you make it yourself? :) Have fun on MH! XD
 

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
3,303
Reaction score
29
Gender
Hidden
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to MH, JanneK! Hope you'll like in here.
Enjoy your stay and if you have questions ask us. :thumbs
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi, Janne!! Welcome to MH ^^
 

Tanuki-dono

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
566
Reaction score
23
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi, Janne K! Khal's right. It does sound a little dangerous. :D
Floorball, hm? What exactly is that? *curious*
Anyway, welcome and hope to see you around in the discussions.

Floorball is an interesting sport. Consider it a fusion of hockey and football. :amuse - P
 

Isuki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 3, 2006
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome everyone! ^^
 

Zenith

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
741
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome everyone! And yeah floorball is certainly a cool game. ;)
 

KTFS

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2006
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
Re: Introduction Thread

I need to look around more just saw this 2day. Hello everyone I'm Ktfs. I'm from New York and i'm a super mutt (for lack of a better word) I love this place. I was always looking and reading and now I get to post. I get to stay updated on naturo Cuz when you live on this side of the world what you like takes forever to get here and gets changed up. Anyway you guys are great all of you. I look fwd to posting more often now that I have time. Cool beans!
 

abdulahi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Introduction Thread

heeeelllllllllloooooooooooooo and welcome Kfts, i just wanted to give a warm welcome :leepose. i hope we have great talks in the coming future :thumbs
and hope you enjoy yourself at MH.
anyways catch you around in the discussions

p.s. love your avatar, reminds me of a great yet sad episode :smile-big
 

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
3,303
Reaction score
29
Gender
Hidden
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Introduction Thread

Hello and BIG welcome, KTFS. I have seen your posts and they're great. It's nice to have someone from the Big Apple here on MH. I hope this place will become your favourite. :amuse
 

KTFS

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2006
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
Re: Introduction Thread

thanx guys. Yeah I loved that ep too. And i'm looking fwd to talking with you guys. This is like home everyone has something to say. I like that. This should be fun. Take it eazy and see ya later ;)
 

karasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
455
Reaction score
18
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi,
just noticed this thread when I'm looking for those eggs...
damn, do i have to browse all this 28 pages? tough luck...
I give up :D

The name's Dirga (ヂルガ), from Indonesia...
but I don't even have any Indonesian blood..
both my grandparents grew up in China, Guang Dong and Shen Zhen
I think...not sure myself...
They sent me to Singapore when I was 13.. where i actually learnt 3 months worth of chinese language...
Then 3 and a half years.. finished Secondary School (similar to grade 7-10)
they sent me away again to Australia...Brisbane..
Griffith University..bachelor of IT majoring in Computer Science and Software Engineering
learnt 4 months worth of introductory japanese in uni (elective, for fun).. simple conversations and hiragana katakana,
graduated last year... (at the age of 19 :D really, my age is my only pride and joy)
i thought FINALLY i can go back home...my girlfriend asked me to stay...
how can i resist her cute attack... so i decided to do my master (of IT...again..) here...
still stuck in Australia..and possibly for the rest of my life...  :blink

nice to meet you all, :D

EDIT: i forgot to mention this.. but my mom gave me my first manga when i was 4 i think..Doraemon, Magic Ball Danpei and Dragon Ball... i've been reading mangas non stop since then.. so yeah..i'm a manga freak... but tends to judge manga too quickly (i hated one piece at the beginning coz of the graphic, now i'm an addict... damn..)
 

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome KTFS and karasu!

Wow...Karasu you don't seem to be very happy in Australia. ;) But you surely have an interesting story considering that the most of us only lived in their home country so far (including me...).
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome everyone!

@ Karasu - Australia! That would be such a neat place to live. Also dont worry about being a manga addict...you are in the right place. :amuse

@ KTFS - You are right everyone here is very nice.
 

karasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
455
Reaction score
18
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Introduction Thread

lol...
ask any asian guy/girl in australia, what do you think of australia..
bet their first word would be "boring!"

stores closed at 5...
the only fun you can get afterwards are pubs and making fun of people..
and some money-sucking arcade...
there's really a big gap of difference compared to singapore...
it feels weird to go home at 10...
too much things to do...

and somehow... people are more interesting over there..
whenever i talk to someone here.. they'd go
"oh is that so... cheers mate! *drinks beer*"
"don't worry about that too much mate! cheers! *drinks beer*"
ergh...

anyway, i'm starting to adapt myself..
maybe if i see it from professional point of view, this place is good to start a life..
get a job, not playing so much, go home early...
but i still can't get to the habit of drinking all the time  :p
[br]Posted at: April 13, 2006, 06:02:41 AM_________________________________________________and about "people here are nice"... didn't take me long to realize that :smile-big ... cheers!
 

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Introduction Thread

karasu said:
lol...
ask any asian guy/girl in australia, what do you think of australia..
bet their first word would be "boring!"
Being an Aussie, I can say, I agree with you! And that is why I live in London. :D

However...


the only fun you can get afterwards are pubs and making fun of people..
and somehow...
whenever i talk to someone here.. they'd go
"oh is that so... cheers mate! *drinks beer*"
"don't worry about that too much mate! cheers! *drinks beer*"
ergh...
...and this is a bad thing because...?!?:D

Hah! You'd not like it in England very much then either, as drinking and taking the piss out of people are pretty much treasured English past times.  But I have been to Singapore and it is an awesome place - even considered living there for a bit, but I couldn't handle the heat and humidity.  The food there is fantastic!

Oops...forgot to say welcome!
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome, KTFS and karasu, hope you guys have an enjoyable time here :)
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Introduction Thread

Gold Knight said:
Welcome, KTFS and karasu, hope you guys have an enjoyable time here :)
^ What he said ;)
 

karasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
455
Reaction score
18
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Introduction Thread

lol..
it's a bad thing coz
1. i don't drink
2. i prefer people to understand what i'm saying
3. they tend to get violent when they're drunk
4. and yeah, they don't consider people when they're drunk.. racist and stuff..

i thought singapore was boring at first....coz it's so small compared to indonesia...
then i went to a bigger place like australia, i thought it would be fun..
but.. it's not the case actually..
lol, the smaller the place is..the more fun they have...
they say SHANGHAI is one hell of a place too..
never been there though...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top