Archived Introduction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Re: Introduction Thread

Hey there Sanguina (Reminds me of an italian dish or beverage :love)

Anyways, I wasn't a big poster either when I first started out here so that'll probably change especially if you hang out with me and Impotenterium :smile-big

You seem to have a bunch of interests but the only ones that I can talk to you about seem to be reading and clubbing if one can call what I do that -_-; and I'm pretty forgetful aswell but that might be due to outer influences :D

Btw your english aint bad at all :thumbs
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi Sanguina!

Welcome to MH, glad to have you here! I love to read too ~ be sure to stop by our book thread in General Entertainment and let us know what your favorites are :amuse

Have fun, and if you have any questions feel free to ask any of us mods, we're here to help ^^ and like Pirate said, don't worry about your English, it's great :)

I finally registered because I want to be able to thank all the people who get me the manga for my trip into never-never land ^^
This is why I registered at first too....and now, I'm hooked, so watch out! :XD
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

Wow, so many new members here! Awesome!!! :D

Welcome all and help yourself to cookies and milk. Have a great time here at MangaHelpers and don't hesitate to send a PM to any Global Moderator or Admin if you have any problem/question with the site. If anyone here is also a fan of American Comics or Sports, do click the link under my sig. :D
See you guys around the forum. And remember, may the force be with you guys. Always.
 

hxhlucifer

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 4, 2007
Messages
29
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

hi, i'm from hxhonline and i just wanna say hi.
 

SOL_the egomorphic

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: Introduction Thread

Hey, everyone. My name is Paul.
I'm 22 and I live in New Zealand.
I'm currently in my first year of a philosophy/Spanish major at Auckland University. After college (high-school in American) I took time off to write a novel. After two years I finished it, and I read it - took me two straight days, it was 450 A4 pages long - and it sucked. I decided to rewrite it but a year later I hadn't made any progress so instead I went to uni. My novel was lost when my laptop blew up and my flashdisk got stolen all within a couple of days.
Which's kinda funny, really.
What more can I say about myself? Too many games have left me with a headful of deific aspirations and hubris, which contrast so starkly against the mundanity of my actual existence. . . *kaff, kaff*
I've been reading Naruto since the Chuunin exams, but I joined this site because I wanted to get more into manga. Apparently I didn't need to actually join to do that, but. . . um. . . oh well. . .
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome SOL! Sorry about your story but keep on writing! Anyway have fun!
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi hxhlucifer and Sol :)

Welcome to MH ^^ Have fun! If you have any questions, feel free to ask~

Sol~ Quite a story about your novel :darn But don't give up! Ganbatte! :amuse
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to MH for lucifer and SOL. Have an awesome time here and stop by this thread to welcome other new members in the near future. :D
 

Gameboy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2007
Messages
146
Reaction score
11
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi i just joined recently. Im known as Gameboy. Im a 16 year old teenager living in New York City. Im one of the biggest pokemon fans here. Im also a big fan of the anime and manga Naruto. Im an artist as well, ( though i dont upload my art to any site ). I follow the perspective of Taro Okamoto which is "Art is a Bang" ( also comes from the fictional character Deidara, which is my favorite naruto character). Im a fan of Taro Okamoto, and i like his beliefs on art. So whenever i finish a masterpiece,i always destroy it ( like i smash it or other obliterate it, in the best way possible ) because like Taro Okamoto and Deidara, i too believe that art is something beautiful that fades away. So i destroy my art work while they are beautiful because they are not a full masterpiece until the moment they are destroyed. So yah, im pretty much like Deidara. I hate the belief that art is something that lasts forever. For example, i'll use the painting "Mona Lisa" as an example. It is art, but not art at its true potential because it hasnt been destroyed. It is supposed to be destroyed so it would finally be a true work of art. But that is all my opinion. 80 percent of the people in the world follow the belief that art is something eternal, so im one of the 20 percent of people that go against this belief. So anyways, if you think art is something eternal, i dont have anything against you, we would just differ in our opinions. " My dream is to become a big artist when i grow up and use Taro's perspective of art to influence others. My hobby is to play video games, as you can see by my name. So i think i said enough. Just happy i finally made an account in this site. I always came here but never made an account, but now im really happy because i did. So i think thats it. Thanks for reading if you actually made it up to this point.
 
Last edited:

Harun

Proofreader
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
39
Reaction score
14
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Good evening.

I've joined, in hopes to help translate.
I am interested in Medical series such as "Dr. Kumahige" and "Team Medical Dragon". :)
Hopefully within the next 6 months, I'll head to University to pursue a Bachelor's degree in Japanese Language.

I usually use CAT Tools to keep records of everything I translate.

I hope to be of service to this community.
 
Last edited:

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi Gameboy and Harun! Welcome to MH ^^ Glad to have you both around. Have fun, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :amuse
 

decadencia

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

hello!

im a huge shonen freak and thats what brought me here. im a chef by day and the guitarist of my band by night. big favs are bleach, d.gray-man, naruto and tsubasa. i try to read into everything as of late though. thats about it i guess...

oh and im from SoCal... 21 (i can finally buy alcohol without any hassles!!!) and im gonna be a dad! YAY!
 

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Harun and decadencia and all other new members I didnt say hi to ^^

Hope you guys have a fun time here on the forums.

Great Harun glad you can join the translator community ^^

@decadencia: Oh cool another chef, I dont really remeber who it is. But you can probably meet him by going to the Hang Out Thread v.8 in the General Discussion ^^

I live in SoCal 2 ^^ but im 18 so I still gotta stand outside asking people "Hey can you buy me some beer ^^" Or when I get lucky they dont card me.

Gratz on being a dad ^^
 

Mel_Luvz_Anime

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2007
Messages
321
Reaction score
218
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Introduction Thread

Hey welcome decadencia, there are plenty of shonen stuff here for u so u wont run out and there are lots of shonen fans too. Heh wow a chef, ur wife must be relieved hehe Oh and wow ur gonna be a father... that's so amazing CONGRATULATIONS!!! U must be so excited.

Welcome to MH Harun, we're pretty friendly and always need new translators and some new blood. So I'm positive you'll feel comfortable ^_^
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Re: Introduction Thread

hello!

im a huge shonen freak and thats what brought me here. im a chef by day and the guitarist of my band by night. big favs are bleach, d.gray-man, naruto and tsubasa. i try to read into everything as of late though. thats about it i guess...

oh and im from SoCal... 21 (i can finally buy alcohol without any hassles!!!) and im gonna be a dad! YAY!
Welcome, and i'm (one of) the other chef(s) by both day and night atm >_>;
Congrats on the soon to be parenthood n' g'luck with it :D


^

@decadencia: Oh cool another chef, I dont really remeber who it is. But you can probably meet him by going to the Hang Out Thread v.8 in the General Discussion ^^
I sure as hell hopes you were bein' sarcastic, if not how the hell could ya forget that I'm a chef? :notrust
 

Yume

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 8, 2007
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
France
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi, i'm Yume & French :)

I love all manga, i'm a diligent reader :amuse
I fell inside 17 years ago with Akira & Dragon Ball, Wooo my, it's a long time !!!!

I'm mom of a little girl of 3 years and I have no more time to annoy me :eyeroll

Nice to meet You !
 

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: Introduction Thread

I sure as hell hopes you were bein' sarcastic, if not how the hell could ya forget that I'm a chef? :notrust
-runs away and hides-

Yes I was being sarcastic, I knew you were the drunk chef that runs over Moose with a Volvo....Dont hit me...:s

Hi, i'm Yume & French :)

I love all manga, i'm a diligent reader :amuse
I fell inside 17 years ago with Akira & Dragon Ball, Wooo my, it's a long time !!!!

I'm mom of a little girl of 3 years and I have no more time to annoy me :eyeroll

Nice to meet You !
Welcome Yume ^^

I love the french people, even if they might not love me back...

Dragon Ball was my first love to, I think it was most people's first manga or anime..

Anyway hope you have a great time here. Stop by the General Discussion once in a while and hangout ^^. Oh, kids when their that little are so cute, are you planning on getting her hooked on anime or manga at that age. Becasue thats about the age that I started watching Dragon Ball on T.V. ^^
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Re: Introduction Thread

-runs away and hides-

Yes I was being sarcastic, I knew you were the drunk chef that runs over Moose with a Volvo....Dont hit me...:s
:notrust

@Yume

Welcome to MH, I hope you enjoy your stay here and if you need help or anything PM the globals (nothing perverted and not really anything I recently learned though). :D
 

Terasiel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 8, 2007
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

I'll write this the way I'd say it, I guess. So, here we go.

My user name is "Terasiel" (I like to state the obvious) and despite the spelling, and the fact this is all text anyway, I'll pronounce it since I've never bothered doing it anywhere else before. Te-(technique)-ra-(ray of light)-si(see that?)-el(eloquence).

I have a thing for depth and noting the unique details in quite a lot of stories. So you can expect me to think of Berserk, Dragonball Z, Homunculus, Fruits Basket, and even MPD Psycho at the same time; and somehow find a correlation between them.

I think everyone should have the right to say or do anything they feel like doing until they reach the point of causing physical harm; or a publicly agreed upon definition of unacceptable mental, emotional, or social damage.

I'm from the South-Eastern United States and tend to act as a polar opposite for every stereotype.

I've studied Japanese and French; but I'm not fluent at all in either. Ah, also C++ if that counts for anything.

Just for clarities sake if anyone here recognizes my username out of sheer coincidence it's because I've used it in many forums

This may come off as whining, and even if it does this will be the last you'll probably ever see whining from me; but I figured a good background story helps. - I discovered this forum during my search for a new forum to frequent after banned for "Stoptazmo.com". I was a regular (1000+ posts over 14 months) up until yesterday when a moderator noticed my signature exceeded the limit bit about 10 pixels due to text and I was instantly banned for a month. Their rules clearly stated that was to be expected, so I wont hold it against anyone. - Figured mentioning that would give a better idea as to the kind of person I am.

I'll be sure to prove my ability to think with an open mind and speak with a careful tongue while I'm here. Thanks for having me.
 
Last edited:

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to MH, Terasiel! Great to have so many new members here! You should try and translate a couple of manga here if you have time, even if your Japanese isn't that good, people here will help you with any corrections with your trans. Have fun here, and if you have any problems, don't hesitate to PM on of the mods!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top