Shounen Inuyasha by Takahashi Rumiko

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

LadyHatake said:
I don't mind a manga having alot of chapters, but if it's going to be that long then there needs to be more happening :/
True. I think even a hardcore-Fan can reach a limit and InuYasha is pretty near to it :amuse
 

mugen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
172
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

true
I mean you have about 50 volumes just for one enemy
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

hehe, yes ... she should write more arcs like about the Shichinintai ... Jakotsu and Bankotsu *purrrrrr*

Also I love what we saw about Sesshomaru lately, that was pretty cool.
His mum is so beautiful <333 ... I would love to see more about the brothers family.

And I would like to see more little Tokyo-adventures, I always enjoy them so much and I really miss grandpa's reasons for Kagome missing school :D

We even had not much human/demon-Inuyasha for a long time. I think she could play this cards more often to give the story a little bit more flavour. My fav arcs have one of these as a topic *think*
 

mugen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
172
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

yes but is it not odd Sesshoumaru's mom does'nt have a Name?
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

Mugen said:
yes but is it not odd Sesshoumaru's mom does'nt have a Name?
No, Iyuyasha's mother doesn't had a name as well :)
 

mugen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
172
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

why did they cancel the anime?
why, why it was so good I miss it especially Shipo's song
I want it back
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

You're slow :blink :p

But as far as i know (at least it was the last news I heard), the anime was never canceld but is kinda on hold. The animation team already talked about a new start, but i personaly think that they will wait for the manga to end and then end the anime in a special ova/movie.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

I heard the anime ended in some way the story/plot.
 

mugen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
172
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

eni said:
You're slow :blink :p

But as far as i know (at least it was the last news I heard), the anime was never canceld but is kinda on hold. The animation team already talked about a new start, but i personaly think that they will wait for the manga to end and then end the anime in a special ova/movie.
i'm slow the anime been on hold for 2 years already that's even longer than Naruto fillers
So I doubt they are going to make an OVA But it's nice to dream though
keep dreaming Eni
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

Luckas04 said:
I heard the anime ended in some way the story/plot.
No, it's an open ending .. or, well ... the current arc was ended, but not the main plot.

Mugen said:
I just talked about your timing^^... don't take me so serious :blink

Mugen said:
the anime been on hold for 2 years already that's even longer than Naruto fillers
So I doubt they are going to make an OVA
Ok, first - I just told you what the news said in 2004. The only archive source I can think about right now is eartweaks, so I quote it:

[url said:
http://www.ear-tweak.com/iy_anime/]SEPTEMBER[/url] 13, 2004 - Inuyasha television series finale aired today!

Yes, according to Sunrise producer Machihiko Suwa's interview on Anime Scramble on Aug. 20, there likely will be more Inuyasha projects, but nothing further has been said. Websunday has also hinted that there will still be Inuyasha anime on the horizon, but again, no indication as to what direction it will take.

If there is any further information out of Japan, rest assured I'll post it here.

AUGUST 21, 2004 - A "first installment" of Inuyasha?

Yes, both Yomiuri TV and Websunday have been (rather ambiguously) saying that there indeed will be future Inuyasha anime projects.

It is very common for televised anime to end short of their manga counterparts and not follow through the ending. Yes, the last one-hour televised episode of Inuyasha did NOT end like the manga is going to end (being that the manga hasn't ended yet.) But while 166-167 IS being called the last episode, whether or not the series will continue through OAV (original animation video, direct-to-video) releases, or other unserialized televised episodes, or some other form (:P) hasn't been said or decided. According to the Anime Scramble interview, there will probably not be any production until after Guren no Houraijima is released this winter, though.

We'll keep you updated on more news.

source: Websunday, Yomiuri TV, Anime Scramble interview, Producer Machihiko Suwa, Aug. 20

//edit ... I remember that there was also a meeting between producers, mangaka and some of the voice actors (at least Inuyashas seiyuu). But I can't find any old news about it.

And second - it's not unusual to continue an anime after a few years (e.g. 3x3Eyes, first part in 1991 and second part in 1995 - there was a 4 years timeskip in the story as well as in reallife xD). Not every producer decides for filler.
I also think it would have been better for Naruto to go on hold for 2 years instead of making the anime worse. Even the non-manga readers cried about the difference in story and quality^^ ... so before Inuyasha runs into another dragonball sydrome, it's better to stop. But I still think it's possible that there will follow an anime special when the manga ends.

Mugen said:
But it's nice to dream though
keep dreaming Eni
Of course :D
 

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
3,053
Reaction score
55
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

Wow!!! there is an inuyasha discussion thread here- and i have never posted in it :o

Lucky for me i found an unread post where someone was asking for an inuyasha website and it eventually led me here.

sINCE there isnt much of any discussion on inuyasha-- are we allowed to discuss recent chapters here?

i guess not- after reading the whole thread :p

i will be back-- i havent read the last three freelance releases yet even though i have them downloaded. Inuyasha-- i would have really loved it if the creator had improved the plot a bit-- oh well-- i love it anyways and will always do.

Kongousehaa :rofl
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

I think here we can discuss the last release, however you could use spoiler tags, so no problems.
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

WOOT im at last up2date >_< after years and countless websites im finalie uptodate ^__________________^ *can't use irc >.< ((Not dosnt want to i <3 irc but cuz i got a virus i havent been able ot use it -_-))

How much longer can this manga go on? i mean the way its going i can see the story going way over 500 chapters if it ends @ 500 it will be a rushed ending and i think after reading (sufering?) we need a good ending.

I think there will be a second part to the anime once the manga is over i think inuyasha is still simi popular in the usa/japan but not as big as it once was i think Naruto / Bleach / FMA are takeing over sences inuyasha ended in japan.
 

zetsuie

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
507
Reaction score
0
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

hey where can you get scantalations of older chapters so i can catch up
or will i just have to wait for viz to release the manga
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

zetsuie said:
hey where can you get scantalations of older chapters so i can catch up
or will i just have to wait for viz to release the manga
You can find all Inu Yasha in #lurk.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

Also Evil Empire is uptodate from the first to the last chapter/volume :)
 

mugen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
172
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

So Miroku is going to get healed, it seems
that's good :jbya
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

Mugen said:
So Miroku is going to get healed, it seems
that's good :jbya
I suggest you reading more carefully the last chapter, sorry.
 

mugen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
172
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

Luckas said:
I suggest you reading more carefully the last chapter, sorry.
well it was something like that :noworry
 

bach

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
34
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

hi, i'm new, any news on chapter 488?
 
Top