Shounen Inuyasha by Takahashi Rumiko

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

teokun said:
waaa its still on going?? i thought no ones translating it :?
No, the translation was always there, but a Edited Manga was rare or very poor quality. Currently two groups Editing it, so GO AND READ IT! :D
 

mugen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
172
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

Is'nt Inuyasha about to end cuz I heard the Lady that writes it said she was going to make it 50 volumes or 500 chapters . By the way I still don't know why Seshoumaru only has one hand he needs the other one he should revive and reatach it.If that's possible
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

Mugen said:
Is'nt Inuyasha about to end cuz I heard the Lady that writes it said she was going to make it 50 volumes or 500 chapters .
No, she said "that there's still many more stories she has to write (before the series can finish) and that for now she's aiming for at least 500 chapters." :D

Mugen said:
By the way I still don't know why Seshoumaru only has one hand he needs the other one he should revive and reatach it.If that's possible
Why? o.o ... is it for every important manga character necessary to regenerate? That's boring. He is very strong even without his arm, I don't see any reason to get it back.
 

mugen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
172
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

well he would be even stronger probably could've mastered the meido zangetsuha faster without having Rin to die. Also Seshoumaru is of Nobility he looks inferior without his arm.
 

glasskatana

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
81
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

Mugen said:
well he would be even stronger probably could've mastered the meido zangetsuha faster without having Rin to die. Also Seshoumaru is of Nobility he looks inferior without his arm.
I disagree. I believe that Sesshoumaru is working under the assumption that an arm that was unworthy enough to be cut off, is unnecessary. :noworry

Also, I doubt it would have had made any difference in the speed at which he learned meido zangetsuha, plus rin isn't dead, so all's well that ends well.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

glasskatana said:
I disagree. I believe that Sesshoumaru is working under the assumption that an arm that was unworthy enough to be cut off, is unnecessary. :noworry
hehe, good point :amuse

I prefer storys were a loss can simply be a loss. It's boring to know that characters can been beat up like hell and afterwards they don't even remain a scratch ... or, maybe I'm just to old for the usual miraculous healing- und returning abillities in shounen manga :eyeroll

(well, it's another topic in FMA manga, were a important parts of the story is about getting the lost parts back ... *imagines sesshoumaru with an automail* :darn )
 

glasskatana

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
81
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

eni said:
hehe, good point :amuse

I prefer storys were a loss can simply be a loss. It's boring to know that characters can been beat up like hell and afterwards they don't even remain a scratch ... or, maybe I'm just to old for the usual miraculous healing- und returning abillities in shounen manga :eyeroll

(well, it's another topic in FMA manga, were a important parts of the story is about getting the lost parts back ... *imagines sesshoumaru with an automail* :darn )
Yes, but Inuyasha is just that. Rin's died twice now! Honestly, (though I love rin) it would have been far more powerful if she had actually died.

As for FMA, they are trying to get back their limbs, but there's been a lot of loss. Their mother is gone forever, no matter what. As is Hughes. :crying

The only important character I remember actually dying in Inuyasha is kikyo...and she was already dead, and should have stayed that way. :notrust
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

glasskatana said:
The only important character I remember actually dying in Inuyasha is kikyo...and she was already dead, and should have stayed that way. :notrust
Hm, I never liked Kikyo much. She made the whole story unnecessary complicated and I couldn't see any important thing she did during her second life that couldn't have been done by another character. More then 400 chapters were Kagome just a shadow of her - Kikyo this, Kikyo that. It's was a tragical moment, but I feel relived that she is finally gone now :noworry

Kaguras death was somehow more touching *sniff sniff*
 

mugen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
172
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

Umm I just thought of something dumb. Inuyasha Bankai :noworry Yeah with that he could kick Naraku's ass easy.

Physc I'm just playing anyway's how long will we have to wait for the showdown. I mean one enemy is just too much for 475 chapters.
 

nikourasu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

Any1 know where i can start in the manga if i've watched the anime?
 

ariadne

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 21, 2006
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

nikourasu said:
Any1 know where i can start in the manga if i've watched the anime?
hope these sites will help:

ear-tweak.com, vnmanga.com for older release

freelance-manga.go.cc for recent weekly chapter releases
 

nikourasu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

no i mean which chapter picks up the story from where the anime ended?
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

nikourasu said:
no i mean which chapter picks up the story from where the anime ended?
http://www.ear-tweak.com/ramblings/qa_inu.htm:
The final anime episode aired on September 13, 2004 in Japan, for a total of 167 episodes for its original run. This episode covered material from the manga in chapters 345-356 (volume 35-36), roughly, with a few changes here and there.
:)
 

Ashen

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

The author is really strentching the story just so she can reach the 50 volumes mark.

Sess. needs to get serious and end this.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

Ashen said:
The author is really strentching the story just so she can reach the 50 volumes mark.

Sess. needs to get serious and end this.
True. Even as a fan ... she could have shorten so much things a lot ;)
 

mugen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
172
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

so what's up with Inuyasha lately, been about a month since I last checked
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

A month? hmmm ... then go and check. Takahashi seems to move the story forward now to an end.

poor kanna, but hopefully she gave the final hint

//edit
She said she will reach 500 chapters, hm?

So, she is now at volume 49 (chapter 479-488). That means the anniversary volume 50 will be chapter 489-498, so I predict she will end the manga at the end of volume 50 (maybe including 2 special chapters) or Volume 51 (chapter 499-518) will be some sort of special big-end-volume with lots of fanservice .... *eyesparkles*

Ok, back to reality ... what do you think? :)
 

mugen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
172
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

I think that Inuyasha is going to have control over his yokai powers and, wow I can't believe that it's about to end
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

Mugen said:
I can't believe that it's about to end
Let's hope so. Stretching it more wouldn't be good for the manga, it's already to long :)
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

Oh dear God, I've been spoiled >< Ah well. Nothing I didn't already expect XD I really need to catch up, but it'll take so long ;____;

I'm glad that the manga is finally coming to an end. It's been around for so long, and there hasn't been any real movement in the plot :/ They're always chasing after Naraku, yada yada. And Kikyo dying? that was teh win XD

I don't mind a manga having alot of chapters, but if it's going to be that long then there needs to be more happening :/
 
Top