Fantasy - Irene vs Gildarts | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Irene vs Gildarts

Gildarts vs Irene

• Total voters

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Let's make an Irene thread.It is my first.Irene can use all magics.Gildarts too.Who wins?The woman who got praised by Acnologia or the man who got one shotted by Acnologia like an insect in the words of Zeref?

Boomburst

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Irene takes this low-mid diff. The wank I've been seeing for Gildarts recently is just absurd.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Irene wins.

I think Ishgal's top liners won't get beaten with less than mid diff by Irene of August... so I will say mid diff or high.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gildartz... he fodderized Irene's enchanted soldiers as if they were the regular soldier.

Clearly her enchantments aren't enough to stop Gildartz alone. Plus, Gildartz is good with women, he knows how to treat them well... especially someone like Irene.

I don't see Irene beating Ishgar's strongest. Hell, she might even get beaten by Erza with PoF in the next few chapters. :notrust

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Irene has been impressive even outside of combat. I'm looking forward to seeing what she can do in terms of fighting, what we saw during Irene VS Acno was just a tease.
In any case, i don't see Gildartz winning this but he's probably putting a decent fight. I'd say high diff for Irene.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Irene.

She can enchant the alvarez troops to be strong enough to overpower Erza
She can enchant a Spriggan 12 member to be so powerful they are immune to the magic of another Spriggan.
She can push back Acnologia with her attacks, and dodge one of Acnologia's eruptions.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
She can push back Acnologia with her attacks, and dodge one of Acnologia's eruptions.

Dodge one of Acnologia's eruptions????

Did I literally just witness that kind of statement?

Tch, let me show you what really happened:

Does the bottom right panel look like Irene dodged anything???

Please, Acnologia had no intention of hitting Irene.

Acnologia letting Irene jump back a few feet is not dodging... give me a break.

Irene is ridiculously overrated, smh...

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Irene takes this with mid diff.

oh and just to point something out
Irene enchanted a Spriggan to be soooooo powerful to the point where he was casually one shotted :epicfacepalm

Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dodge one of Acnologia's eruptions????

Did I literally just witness that kind of statement?

Tch, let me show you what really happened:

Does the bottom right panel look like Irene dodged anything???

Please, Acnologia had no intention of hitting Irene.

Acnologia letting Irene jump back a few feet is not dodging... give me a break.

Irene is ridiculously overrated, smh...
You've completely left out the part where Irene flips out of the way, and remains completely unharmed. This is also the only part that actually matters.
Either way, Irene wasn't damaged by that eruption. Whether it was because she survived it, or got out of the way before it landed that's an impressive feat nonetheless because of whom she was up against.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
You've completely left out the part where Irene flips out of the way, and remains completely unharmed.
Either way, Irene wasn't damaged by that eruption. Whether it was because she survived it, or got out of the way before it landed that's an impressive feat nonetheless because of whom she was up against.

I forgot that? Read the post that you quoted... I'll quote myself for god fuckin sakes.

"Please, Acnologia had no intention of hitting Irene.

Acnologia letting Irene jump back a few feet is NOT dodging..."

Don't take me for a fool. Irene could never dodge anything from Acnologia. Acnologia simply let her avoid the debris.

Acnologia would make her look like God Serena if he wanted to.

Irene didn't dodge anything, Acnologia just missed on purpose.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Gildartz... he fodderized Irene's enchanted soldiers as if they were the regular soldier.

Clearly her enchantments aren't enough to stop Gildartz alone. Plus, Gildartz is good with women, he knows how to treat them well... especially someone like Irene.

I don't see Irene beating Ishgar's strongest. Hell, she might even get beaten by Erza with PoF in the next few chapters. :notrust
This post alive shows out of hand the GILDARTS WANK has gotten. Irene stomps this man.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I forgot that? Read the post that you quoted... I'll quote myself for god fuckin sakes.

Don't take me for a fool. Irene could never dodge anything from Acnologia. Acnologia simply let her avoid the debris.

Acno never missed on purpose, nothing implied that. Don't force your option like its fact when the scene doesn't even support what you were saying.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
This post alive shows out of hand the GILDARTS WANK has gotten. Irene stomps this man.

Dude, how do you even know that? I'll admit Irene stomps when I see it.

You act like the answer is obvious, yet Mashima hasn't even started drafting the chapter yet.

That's some major confidence you have there and there is no proof to back it up.

What happens if Gildartz is actually indeed stronger than Irene? Your post would sound ridiculous.

Either you are actually Mashima behind the screen or you have Extra Sensory Perception; otherwise, you have major guts to say that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Acno never missed on purpose, nothing implied that. Don't force your option like its fact when the scene doesn't even support what you were saying.
Acno didn't miss on purpose?

Are you implying Irene could dodge Acnologia's attack if she wanted to???

Last edited by a moderator:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Acnologia had no intention of hitting Irene? Is that why he launched an attack at Irene's direction? That's a funny way to show it.

Irene could tear a hole in Irene if he wanted to, true. However, that's something he does with physical attacks. I have no reason to believe that Acnologia purposely made his explosions slow. Rather, it's much more logical to assume that the eruption was slower than his physical attacks. It was still a decent size, and being able to get out of the way unharmed is impressive nonetheless. Just how slow do you think a explosion can get anyways?

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
This thread is kind of pointless considering both characters have hype and no substantial feats... But knowing how inconsistent these Spriggans are, I believe Eileen isn't as strong as she is portrayed to be.
  • Gildarts Clive > Eileen Belserion [Extreme Difficulty]
Honestly, the only reason Gildarts wins this is because his magic is better suited for combat. Eileen, on the other hand, is mostly known for her enchantments. Since August was stated to be the strongest Spriggan and Eileen is on his level, I don't see Eileen's enchantments boosting her that high (assuming she can even enchant herself). With that said, Gildarts should be able to defeat her considering he is Ishgar's strongest.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Acnologia had no intention of hitting Irene? Is that why he launched an attack at Irene's direction? That's a funny way to show it.

That was an obvious context from Mashima.

It was meant to show the major power difference between Acnologia and Irene.

Acnologia sent the nuke in her direction to show Irene that she could never compete on the likes of him.

Did you seriously not get that literary technique??

You actually thought Acnologia was serious in sending that nuke towards Irene...???

That's a new level of misinterpretation...

Acnologia could tear a hole in Irene if he wanted to, true. However, that's something he does with physical attacks. I have no reason to believe that Acnologia purposely made his explosions slow. Rather, it's much more logical to assume that the eruption was slower than his physical attacks. It was still a decent size, and being able to get out of the way unharmed is impressive nonetheless. Just how slow do you think a explosion can get anyways?

You just contradicted yourself to no ends... Let me quote 2 of your statements and see how they make sense:

"Irene can dodge one of Acnologia's eruptions" ~ Axiomus

a few posts later...

"Acnologia could tear a hole in Irene if he wanted to, true." ~ Axiomus

So let me get this straight:

You are saying Acnologia can tear a hole in Irene (that means he has to get close physically and claw her), but Irene can dodge one of Acnologia's eruptions (which Acnologia can cast at a distance that has a lot more AoE than his hand).

I guess these days, hand-to-hand combat is a lot more effective than magical nukes...

Really now? :notrust

Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
From what we have, I've got to go for Irene here. I can't really see any way Gildarts wins when she is that powerful, and to be honest, Gildarts is really overhyped as a character right now. Irene on the other hand had Acnologia's attention and came out unscathed from his attack, that's got to say something even if she may of dodged it. So for me, Irene mid-diff.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
You just contradicted yourself to no ends... Let me quote 2 of your statements and see how they make sense:

a few posts later...

You are saying Acnologia can tear a hole in Irene (that means he has to get close physically and claw her), but Irene can dodge one of Acnologia's eruptions (which Acnologia can cast at a distance that has a lot more AoE than his hand).

I guess these days, hand-to-hand combat is a lot more effective than magical nukes...

There is no contradiction.

Acnologia can tear a hole in Irene if he wanted to with his physical attacks.
Irene can dodge Acnologia's eruptions.

Both are true. Acnologia's physical attacks are faster than his eruptions. His eruptions aren't instant. The ground starts to blow up, and you have some time to jump out of the way before the actual blast consumes you. I never said that hand to hand attacks are stronger than large nuke, though they absolutely can be in some cases (Igneel's bite vs Igneel's roar). I said Acnologia's physical attacks are faster than his eruptions.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
That was an obvious context from Mashima.

It was meant to show the major power difference between Acnologia and Irene.

Acnologia sent the nuke in her direction to show Irene that she could never compete on the likes of him.

Did you seriously not get that literary technique??

You actually thought Acnologia was serious in sending that nuke towards Irene...???

That's a new level of misinterpretation...

a few posts later...

Well Acnologia did attack her beneath Irene and Irene showed quick reflexes to dodge it.And moreover she got praised by the Dragon King himself and his praise holds above anyone.And look how Acnologia treated Gildarts.He didn't praise him and finished him in one swoop.He considered Gildarts an insect if we go by Zeref's words and didn't give any praise.On the other hand Irene got praised.This is Hiro's way of showing who is the stronger one.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Gildarts wins, guy was hyped as Fairy Tail's strongest wizard when he appeared this arc, and he was up against some pretty stiff competition with Laxus and Natsu in the running.
Eileens did well to not get one shotted by Acno, but dodging one casual attack isnt as impressive as a lot of people are making it out to be imo. Plus Eileens probably gonna get beaten by Erza soo.

Laxus chan-yo

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Gildarts is equal to prime Serena imo as he indicated a fight between them would be one for the ages, so Irene has higher hype. Serena is still the strongest Spriggan after Irene/August/Lacarde imo so I still see him giving mid diff.

Last edited: