Is Koala Jewelry Bonnie? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Is Koala Jewelry Bonnie?

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Oda has itnroduced this new character for a reason,if not he wouldn't have done it.has I have said several times,Koala is THE character of this flashback. she entered in the story 13 years ago,then 11 years before Whitebeard's death.she might have been 22 years when we saw her the first time,but she could have changed her age with her power.we know she was in the world government,and people(we fans) think koala is a spy.she could have changed her mind and become a pirate as his savior.she loved Whitebeard probably because he protected fishmen island.
what do you think?

MaiSiaoSiao

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Re: was Koala Jewelry Bonnie?

i dont remember the character you"re saying.mind posting which chapter did she appear or which ep?

bittman

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2404220&postcount=117

My response. For those who dont want to click a link: Bonney being Koala would actually make her weaker for the purpose of overarching plot.

In other news: Koala's eyes are completely different to Bonney's. Even if hair, appearance and demenour change as someone ages, eyes dont suddenly go from full black to coloured in stories.

Case closed?

MaiSiaoSiao

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

nono not bonnie.I wanna see Koala.

matzik1212

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania

i don't think koala is jewelry bonney ....i think given her past experience koala should have a different type of behavior and to me jewelry seemed a cruel girl who doesn't give a damn about anyone and i base this words from what happened on SA when she said to zoro to leave that guy that was shot by the tenryuubito die there...that's not very nice ;)
i would be really really disappointed if this proves to be true ...i personally find jewelry very annoying and koala seemed an interesting character in the flashback so i'm refusing to think she might be the same person :darn

Anduren

Reaction score
Country
United States

I don't want to shoot down anybody's theory, but I will just say why I don't think Koala is Jewelry Bonny. On chapter 499, page 16 (last panel), Bonny says that she has never heard of a pirate saving someone. If she was Koala that would contradict what she said in two ways. Fisher Tiger not only freed the slaves, but if you assume that he was not a pirate at the time, he saved Koala from the island she was stranded on by taking her home. On top of that, I think that if Bonny is indeed Koala, seeing a tenryubito would have brought out a much more extreme reaction from her in Sabondy Archipelago when she was only inches away from one of them. i.e. she would've either been the most enraged person, or been terrified enough to run away on sight as opposed to jumping in to stop Zori. But I guess, till the story completely unfolds, there is no real proof to say either way.

Ninja_Pirate

Reaction score
Country
India

The title of the thread should be "is Jewelry Bonney Koala?"

I don't want to shoot down anybody's theory, but I will just say why I don't think Koala is Jewelry Bonny. On chapter 499, page 16 (last panel), Bonny says that she has never heard of a pirate saving someone. .
If Jewelery bonney has turned into a pirate she must have came across lot of pirates... and general perception for pirates is what she is talking about not one in a million kindda guy...

however i wanted to believe if she turn out to be bonney... i really can see the round eyes of koala in bonney's eyes litlle flatten by her cheeks... hair color .. both not black..thin neck compared to face again common... however seeing the circumstances and going by logic it does seem she is not bonney :( :( ..... Koala has made her heart strong and she wants to get to her mom.. seeing all this i really think now that she will not turn out to be bonney... until one circumstance... koala father is some higher government official and wasnt knowing that she is his daughter and came to know later in the story and thus uncle akainu came to take her back as bonney :) ...

pyogenes

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

In other news: Koala's eyes are completely different to Bonney's. Even if hair, appearance and demenour change as someone ages, eyes dont suddenly go from full black to coloured in stories.

Case closed?
That is true most of the time for an actual person, but she's just a drawing. If Oda drew a moldy slice of bread and said that's what Garp looked like as a child, then that's what he looked like. Reality is just a guideline, not a requirement in fiction. ;)

That said I doubt they are the same person.

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada

She could be, but IMO, that would be a huge waste of potential for Bonney.

Considering that she can change her appearance to look as young as she want, I'm kinda expecting her to be very old (like 100 years old!!) and be one of those who know many things about the Marines and the World Government.

That would be a good plot-twist and also explain why they were tracking her so badly.

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy

we are always considering events as Koala is a spy,I don't see why Bonnie would lose her prestige. she is the only supernova who has been captured,and we know she was in the world government,according to akainu's speech. this is a good chance to explain things...

Tonix

Reaction score
Country
United States

No, Bonney was mad when WB died. Koala has a bond with Fisher, until WB shows up in this flashback and forms a bond with Koala, this theory is just as ridiculous as the 'he/she is the next crew member' theories that pop up whenever a new character is introduced.

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France

Is that not simple ? Bonney has a devil fruit which allows her to change age. Has she ever used it on herself ? Yes, she did. She even turned back to her child appearance. Now compare it with Koala in the flashback. Do they look the same ?

sh4dx

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece

oh god..why always when a character is introduced people going frenzy and lose their common sense?NO Koala is not bonney,and Koala WILL NOT join the crew she is a FB character JUST to emphasize FT personality,as simple as that...At best she will have a small appearence during the arc or at the end of the arc(don't rush and say i mean she is at FI,i mean maybe Oda will show her learning what happen at FI and have a response just that),or even not showing again

Last edited:

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada

oh god..why always when a character is introduced people going frenzy and lose their common sense?NO Koala is not bonney,and Koala WILL NOT join the crew she is a FB character JUST to emphasize FT personality,as simple as that...
It's simple.
One piece is at its best when new strawhats are introduced, so everyone want another arc like that.

sh4dx

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece

It's simple.
One piece is at its best when new strawhats are introduced, so everyone want another arc like that.
Ok i didn't get it,but where did you have even a LITTLE possibility that Koala will be make an appearence RIGHT NOW,which makes NO sense because she is a human and right now we are 10.000 meters under the sea,put aside joining the crew.I don't understand you guys everytime you are like "ohhh jinbe joining,ohhh perona joining,ohhh hancock joining, blablabla"..There is not even 1% possibility she will end up joining the crew,it's common sense,really...

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

I agree in that there is no chance in hell that koala is bonnie. They don't even look alike and their personalities could not be further apart. If we do see koala it will be in the new world but even that would be unlikely.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States

She is named after Anne Bonny

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Bonny

By Bonny's story, she was the daughter of an attorney William Cormac and his maid Mary.

Anne was brought up as a boy and one day stabbed her servant and escaped home and she was a red haired girl.

she was captured by jonathan barnet and imprisoned while she was a pirate in Rachams ship.... she later married a local man........

If you go by the story, then Bonney cant be Koala.... IT also makes me think that bonney was a noble, tenryubito which explains why admirals were interested in taking her back.....

Ninja_Pirate

Reaction score
Country
India

She is named after Anne Bonny

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Bonny

By Bonny's story, she was the daughter of an attorney William Cormac and his maid Mary.

Anne was brought up as a boy and one day stabbed her servant and escaped home and she was a red haired girl.

she was captured by jonathan barnet and imprisoned while she was a pirate in Rachams ship.... she later married a local man........

If you go by the story, then Bonney cant be Koala.... IT also makes me think that bonney was a noble, tenryubito which explains why admirals were interested in taking her back.....
How the story is going its already pretty much evident that bonney is not koala... you need not to paste wikipedia content here.. moreover oda always takes name of one piece characters from existing character and this also was mentioned by him in SBS... but what he doesnt do is .. he does not take the entire story and make his plot... :-_-

Tonix

Reaction score
Country
United States

he does not take the entire story and make his plot... :-_-
I would normally agree with you, but in Bonnie's case, there are more similarities than just their names. From what Akainu said, Bonnie did run away and has been captured. All thats left now is for her to get married. (Cue BonnieXLuffy ships)