Is Koala Jewelry Bonnie? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Is Koala Jewelry Bonnie?

Ratatosk

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
More Luffy ships?
Oh god no...

Koala could be a very interesting adult if she turns up. Man that flashback was one of the darkest yet.
Jewelry Bonney is also an interesting adult, if only for kicking Blackbeard in the nads.
They're not the same person though.

If we're taking peoples names seriously, the interesting thing about Bonney is her namesake was allied with Calico Jack, who Brook's captain was named after. Combined with the aging powers thing and there could be something in this.. but probably not. It's a huge world out there.

Last edited:

Kyodai Senkan Mora

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kenya
In addition to all the overwhelmingly good reasons stated above as to why Koala IS NOT Bonnie. I will point out that her home island is on the grandline while Bonnie is from South Blue

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
Wow. Since I saw Bonney's child mode at Sabaody, I always figured out she couldn't be Koala but we've got new intel about Bonney. Here is the picture of Supernovae when they were young, and get it ready, Bonney looks exactly like Koala. She's not the thin child from Bonney's devil power but more like the round Koala.

Koala and Bonney's stories could match at some point. That is the quote from One Piece Wikia : " The truth was that Fisher Tiger was attacked because people from a previous island informed the Marines about the Sun Pirates while the people on this island allowed it on the condition that the Marines overlook the fact that she was a released slave and not take her back. "

What if the Marines actually took Koala back to Mariejois despite their deal with the inhabitants ? That could explain why Bonney hate the WG/Marines. That could explain how Bonney gotten her devil fruit : she would have been fed by the tenryubito like the Gorgon sisters were. That could explain why she was with the WG before becoming a pirate.

Last edited:

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Wow. Since I saw Bonney's child mode at Sabaody, I always figured out she couldn't be Koala but we've got new intel about Bonney. Here is the picture of Supernovae when they were young, and get it ready, Bonney looks exactly like Koala. She's not the thin child from Bonney's devil power but more like the round Koala.

Koala and Bonney's stories could match at some point. That is the quote from One Piece Wikia : " The truth was that Fisher Tiger was attacked because people from a previous island informed the Marines about the Sun Pirates while the people on this island allowed it on the condition that the Marines overlook the fact that she was a released slave and not take her back. "

What if the Marines actually took Koala back to Mariejois despite their deal with the inhabitants ? That could explain why Bonney hate the WG/Marines. That could explain how Bonney gotten her devil fruit : she would have been fed by the tenryubito like the Gorgon sisters were. That could explain why she was with the WG before becoming a pirate.
exactly what I thought ;) this is the reason why I made this thread.

Samui

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
They do look very similar, however, Bonny is from South Blue while Koala's home is in the Grand Line.

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
They do look very similar, however, Bonny is from South Blue while Koala's home is in the Grand Line.
and what does it mean? are you trying to say our hypothesis are wrong just because of a nonsense as this? everyone was sure about luffy and ace's kinship,but oda showed it wasn't sure. exactly like nami might be vagapunk's daughter,since she was orphan,I wouldn't be much surprised if oda draws that. then don't try to close the debate with poor evidences ,lol

Schabrak

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
When did facts become nonsense? He has a point, one mentioned before in this thread, doesn't mean that he's right, as Oda could retcon it to make her Bonny, any the less it doesn't allow you to trample his point like that. We've got nearly nothing on her, so that called poor evidence is one of the fistful we have and makes it more important by that. Yet Oda created the Supernova in a short time, so little mistakes could be explained with it.

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I don't think it's her. BUT, maybe she eats a lot because of how she used to be hungry a lot as a slave.

Also, the fact that they are from different places doesn't mean a lot. Maybe she moved.

Mashiro_Luna

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Pretty much been confirmed they are not the same character with the newest SBS where it shows all the Bonnie looks nothing like Koala in that picture. If you want to see it check out the volume cover thread.

Schabrak

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Mashiro_Luna
Next time at least try to read the last couple of posts, you didn't add anything to the discussion.

Here's a little mashup to compare those two, and Bonnies different stages. And "looking nothing alike" is definitely the wrong wording here. The only difference is that the hair is combed differently. There is no resemblence to real young and transformed young Bonnie though, so that argument should be excluded from the discussion.

Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well...She does look awfully similar there. It's weird they have the same size of head, as well.

Now I'm actually buying this theory.