Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 147 Discussion

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Right in the feels, guys. Right in the feels.

Gege so godlike giving panda such character development in one chapter. The same goes for the principal. In the end he isn't a bad guy, he just doesn't can't be free as Gojo is.
 

A$APBog

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Messages
374
Reaction score
348
Age
29
Country
France
My problem with killing off Nobara right there, is that for someone who is part of the main characters, she didnt had enough development or momentum yet compared to Yuji and Megumi, to go out just like that. Unlike Nanami who was more of a side character and got his dead just a couple of chapters before fullfilling his role in the story. Nobaras "dead" right after would feel more like killing for the sake of killing and shock.

You say it was a key factor for Yuji to know who he was and all that. But id say Nanamis death and Sukuna doing the japanese equivalent of 9/11 already served that purpose. Throwing off Nobara like that right after would feel cheap, especially for a main character, is even worse when Yuji keeps remembering Nanami and his last words everytime he gets the chance afterwards, but nothing about Nobara.

For me the best outcome would be for that encounter with Mahito to serve has a landmark for her character, this time scarred for life (this should be a big deal considering how she always cared about her appareance) and quite possibly with a new resolve and approach in life.

I would still respect Geges decision if he ends up killing her tho. But that wont change my mind in seeing it as a waste.
Well, the short moment between the arrival of Todo and the "death" of Nobara, I felt that Yuji was truly alone.

Nanami death was hard, Nobara execution was pure despair. Personally, I really understood that even the MC lives were at stakes.

Maybe that's the fact it was so abrupt that I like.
The fact that it was not expected at all. Maybe it's bad writing, but I think it's also fitting well an arc such as Shibuya.
 

Toga Is Mirio

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 27, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Age
23
Country
United States
Am I a casual for thinking the series peaked at the climax of Hidden Inventory?
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You do you man, but I think the peak was Shibuya.
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,914
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
This chapter felt kind of rushed to be honest. With Yaga getting killed so quickly, even though most of the chapter was flashback... And while I do feel for Panda, it's pretty sad for him, the rush makes it a bit harder to feel connected to this scene. For me at least.
But I think we'll have to wait and see how it plays out, I'm definitely curious. I really do appreciate that the limelight is on a character we don't know that much about right now. Pandas origins seem really interesting.
 

Gladiolus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
507
Reaction score
1,376
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Sad to see they killed Yaga without showing what he can do, even more after he was revealed to be a Special Grade this chapter. I feel like Akutami could have at least show him fight before his death. Despite the importance the character supposedly had, I couldn't feel sad at his death, seeing how much he was sidelined. I feel for Panda, but not much for Yaga himself.

I'm curious to see who was that guy who helped Gakuganji kill Yaga. I feel we haven't seen him before, have we?
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Tbh Jujutsu's deaths are all so well made, very epic and emotional.

Actually enjoyed the chapter, sad it was rushed because I'm liking this depth of Panda's character. I feel it could have focused a little bit more on Yaga than the rest (this is sad for Gojo too because he was basicaly father figure to him), then make the next chapter about Panda's side, but so far this is alright.

Also, the very last line "even pandas cry" is one of my favorite heartbreaking lines of the series. I like how in the previous chapter Maki wondered if Panda has a brain, and this pretty much answered it.
 

Ero-Sanji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
2,554
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Tbh Jujutsu's deaths are all so well made, very epic and emotional.

Actually enjoyed the chapter, sad it was rushed because I'm liking this depth of Panda's character. I feel it could have focused a little bit more on Yaga than the rest (this is sad for Gojo too because he was basicaly father figure to him), then make the next chapter about Panda's side, but so far this is alright.

Also, the very last line "even pandas cry" is one of my favorite heartbreaking lines of the series. I like how in the previous chapter Maki wondered if Panda has a brain, and this pretty much answered it.
Yup, this is how I feel as well. We know and we love, Panda, but Yaga is a mystery. What exactly do we know of him? His flashback had more to do with Panda than it did with him. Yes, we got to know Nobara, but her flashback before her ... ... was well fleshed out and said a lot about her as a character, but we still don't know who Yaga is. This is the man who trained Gojo and Geto, two of the strongest, most influential and consequential people in the world. He deserved to be more fleshed out.
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Sad to see they killed Yaga without showing what he can do, even more after he was revealed to be a Special Grade this chapter. I feel like Akutami could have at least show him fight before his death. Despite the importance the character supposedly had, I couldn't feel sad at his death, seeing how much he was sidelined. I feel for Panda, but not much for Yaga himself.

I'm curious to see who was that guy who helped Gakuganji kill Yaga. I feel we haven't seen him before, have we?
A lot of lurkers will come out of their hole now that Gojo isn't around and they have nothing to fear (or so they think).
 

Gladiolus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
507
Reaction score
1,376
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
A lot of lurkers will come out of their hole now that Gojo isn't around and they have nothing to fear (or so they think).
This is the most likely answer. Still, dude had a nice design and gave me Inumaki vibes, hope we see him again.
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This is the most likely answer. Still, dude had a nice design and gave me Inumaki vibes, hope we see him again.
I'm on the same boat. Want to see not just him, the other characters from "Geto's gang" that were about to fight Kusakabe and Pamda, and even more new characters too.
 
Top