Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 150 Discussion

Itsnever2k

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2020
Messages
507
Reaction score
836
Age
26
Country
Belgium
"I'm Killing Everyone, We Are Cutting Everyone's Neck"

You know someone means business once they start to refer to themselves as we. Is Maki the most badass female character in shounen history? I've yet to see a female character get his much agency and oppurtunity to just go wild. She's single handedly going to massacre an entire clan.
Saying we is just referring to herself and Mai right? It for sure would be one of the most badass things a female character has done, not sure if it would instantly make her the most badass female character in shonen ever though.
 

Senoirmeow

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2020
Messages
229
Reaction score
166
Age
36
Country
United Kingdom
In my opinion not, it is clearly irredeemable.
Honestly I do agree; Naoya is a horrible human being, but you can argue it was the nature of the family having the effect on him and turning him that way. He probably never had many or any positive influences in the Zenin family, under different circumstances he might’ve been kinder. Would be nice to see how his interaction with Maki goes next week!
 

Stardustphantom97

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 28, 2019
Messages
7
Reaction score
13
Age
28
Country
United States
Honestly I do agree; Naoya is a horrible human being, but you can argue it was the nature of the family having the effect on him and turning him that way. He probably never had many or any positive influences in the Zenin family, under different circumstances he might’ve been kinder. Would be nice to see how his interaction with Maki goes next week!
I think Naoya can be redeem or at least become a messenger for future generations of what not to do as a clan. Naoya had little moments that tells us that he even sees through the bullshit the Zenins do but doesn't protest because he directly benefits from those toxic traditions. He directly calls out the Zenin twice for their treatment of Toji EVEN after finding out that Toji fucked him over. Which is why I don't think he's gonna die, he'll humbled e
IMMENSELY though.
 

Ero-Sanji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
2,554
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Saying we is just referring to herself and Mai right? It for sure would be one of the most badass things a female character has done, not sure if it would instantly make her the most badass female character in shonen ever though.
Haha, perhaps. I just love the escalation from I to we, as if she's making a declaration for the entire clan.
 

ShiranuiShiranai

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2017
Messages
165
Reaction score
371
Age
32
Country
Philippines
Wow, looks like Maki is doing her own version of Culling to the Zen'in Clan.
Naoya might be spared with a certain condition made through a binding vow.
They need more manpower for the Culling game and Naoya has a cursed technique that can be useful for them.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,561
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
(約束だよ)
It's a promise

真希の脳裏に、先ほどいわれた真依の言葉が蘇る。
The words Mai said to her appear in Maki's head

(全部 壊して)
Destroy everything

目を開いた真希が、襲い掛かる躯倶留隊の隊員の腕を切り落とした。
Maki opening her eye, cuts off all the arms of the people who lunged at her

そして真希は、次々と襲いかかる隊員たちを斬り伏せていく。
And she's cutting the heads off of the people who are attacking her one at a time

「うーい 首尾はどうだい?」
"Hey, how's the situation going"

呑気な様子でようやく「噸の間」に到着した禪院信朗が襖を開けると、そこには思いもよらない光景が広がっていた。
ays Nobuaki, the captain who's just appeared. He's relaxed but suddenly faced with a scene he wasn't expecting as he slide open the door

「びっくらポンだぜ…」
”what a surprise...”

全ての隊員を斬り伏せ、真希が禪院信朗の方を見上げたその時    
All the members are lying on the floor from the wounds, and just when Maki looks up at Nobuaki,

真希が別に気配に気づく。
Maki notices another presence.

そして突然地面から現れた巨大な両腕が現れ、真希を捕えた。
Suddenly, two large hands appear from the floor and captures Maki

(長寿郎(ちょうじゅろう)さんの術式…!!
 炳のお出ましか!!)
"Choujurou-san's technique!!"
"Is it time for the 「炳」squad?"
禪院信朗が術式を発動させた男の方を見ると、そこには禪院甚一と蘭太の姿もあった。
Nobuaki looks towards the one that activated the technique, it's Ranta and Jinichi

「炳」
高専資格条件で準1級以上の実力を認められた者達で構成される
禪院家 最強の術師集団
The 「炳」squad - made up of those certified by the school to be semi-grade 1 or above sorcerers, the Zenin clan's most powerful sorcerer unit
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

バゴォッ whoomph 激しい破壊音と共に、巨大な腕を破壊した真希が飛び出してくる。 Following the loud sound, Maki comes flying out after getting destroyed by the giant hand. そして、すぐに先ほどの術式を発動した長寿郎と交戦に入る。 And she heads right for Choujurou who activated the technique and engages him in battle そこに禪院信朗も加勢し、激しくぶつかり合う3人。 Then Nobuaki joins in and the 3 of them are fighting fiercely しかし全くダメージを感じない真希に禪院信朗は動揺を隠せないでいた。 Noticing Maki seems to be completely woundless, Nobuaki is shaken by this and thought (長寿郎さんのアレをくらって なんで動ける……!!) (How can she move after taking that hit from Chojuro-san?) 刀を手放した真希が、素手で長寿郎と禪院信朗の喉を潰した。 At that moment, Maki who lets go of her sword crushes both of their throats with her bare hands (速い…!!) (so fast!!) (此奴本当に) (is this person (あの真希か!??) really that same Maki!??) その時     突然、真希を見る巨大な「目」が現れ、何かに縛られたように身動きが取れなくなってしまう。 Then suddenly a large "Eye" appears and Maki can't move, like she's bound 「甚壱さん!!」 "Jinichi-san!!" 術式を発動した蘭太がいった。 Ranta said, who has activated his technique そしてその言葉に呼応するように、甚壱が真希に向かって走り始める。 Jinichi acknowledges him and walks towards Maki 「そのまま止めてろ!!蘭太!!」 "Keep her there, Ranta!!" しかし蘭太の術式も真希には通じない。 But Ranta's technique isn't working on Maki (止っ… 止めきれない…!!) (I can't... I can't stop her!!) そして、ついに動きを封じていた「目」を真希に潰されてしまう。 And then suddenly the "Eye" that was sealing her movement is destroyed by Maki 「構うな!!甚壱さん!!」 "Leave me!! Jinichi-san!!" 蘭太が、目を潰されたことを気にかけるように振り返った甚壱に向かって叫んだ。 Ranta who seems to be worried about the Eye that was destroyed, shouted at Jin'ichi 「今の禪院家が在るのは 甚爾さんの気まぐれだ!!  気づいてるだろ!!真希は今 あの人と同じに成ったんだ!!」 "What's here now is Toji-san's aura!! You've noticed it, haven't you!! Maki is now the same as that person!!" 「今!!」 「ここで!!」 「殺るんだ!!!」 "Now!! Here!! Kill her!!" 蘭太の言葉に、甚壱も術式を発動させ、無数の巨大な拳が真希に向かって降り注いだ     At his words, Jinichi also activates his technique and many, many large fists fly at Maki 「やりましたね」 "We've done it" 目を潰され、血を流している蘭太が砂煙の向こうから歩いてくる人影に向かっていった。 Ranta whose eye is destroyed and who is bleeding, walk towards the silhouette in the dust 「甚壱さん…!!」 "Jinichi-san!!" しかし、そこに現れたのは禪院甚壱の首をもった真希だった。 But it is Maki, who is holding Jinichi's head. そして、真希がその首を池に投げ捨てたその時     And then, as she throws the head into the pool-- 「非道いなぁ」 "That's just awful" 「炳」筆頭の禪院直哉が現れた。 It's the head of the 炳 squad, Zenin Naoya 「人の心とかないんか?」 "Are you heartless?" 「あぁ アイツが持ってっちまったからな」 Ah, humanity was taken by that person already [T/N: アイツ just means they, so not sure who said the last line here. Waiting for image.] 『呪術廻戦』第150話 / おわり End of chapter
--- Double Post Merged, ---

 

Neala897

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
3,973
Reaction score
2,639
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
What the f*cking f*ck are those spoilers? Cyclop cat finally snapped big. :gwah:gwah:gwah
 
Last edited:

sazon

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 24, 2019
Messages
5,318
Reaction score
12,851
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Mai took up her humanity ???? 😧
 

animeangryfan4

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2019
Messages
878
Reaction score
512
Age
37
Country
Sweden
It was not clear until now but Makis muscles are damn big, and despite thosoe scars she actually looks even more attractive. Dont know if the clothes hid it or the full release of teh Heavenly Restriction expanded them. She is the Second Toji and he was pretty ripped to, so at this rate
no one can stop Maki it seems.
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,501
Reaction score
5,714
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Maki is truly waifu material. Prove me wrong.

I am really keen to see how the fight against Naoya will go. But I have the bizarre feeling it might be interrupted somehow.
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
It always astounds me when a female character like Maki is given such agency, and yet ridiculous terms like the above are still used.

Them's the breaks, I guess.
 

Neala897

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
3,973
Reaction score
2,639
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
.
It always astounds me when a female character like Maki is given such agency, and yet ridiculous terms like the above are still used.

Them's the breaks, I guess.
I would say term like female character like Maki is not exactly all that fantastical either. What do you mean by that?
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,501
Reaction score
5,714
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
It always astounds me when a female character like Maki is given such agency, and yet ridiculous terms like the above are still used.

Them's the breaks, I guess.
I am not sure what's so ridiculous in using the term waifu tho. I am simply expressing how attractive I find women like her precisely because of her drive and actions. It's not the killing that makes her attractive in my eyes, but how headstrong she is. It has nothing to do with belittling women or anything of the sort.

But if you interpreted it that way, I can't really help you
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,561
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
I am not sure what's so ridiculous in using the term waifu tho. I am simply expressing how attractive I find women like her precisely because of her drive and actions. It's not the killing that makes her attractive in my eyes, but how headstrong she is. It has nothing to do with belittling women or anything of the sort.

But if you interpreted it that way, I can't really help you
I see the term as belittling and objectifying. The issue is prioritizing said attraction over just enjoying the character and writing. But given the general manga/anime milieu, I don't expect it to change anytime soon.
 
Top