Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 150 Discussion

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,501
Reaction score
5,714
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I see the term as belittling and objectifying. The issue is prioritizing said attraction over just enjoying the character and writing. But given the general manga/anime milieu, I don't expect it to change anytime soon.
That's how you interpreted it and I understand where you are coming from, but I don't see what's so objectifying that a character's personality is so good that it makes her attractive to me.

Objectifying would be to completely reduce her to certain physical characteristics that I would find attractive, but this is not even the case here.

And the fact I find Maki a very attractive (fictional) character doesn't mean I am not enjoying her as a character and the way she is developing.
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,926
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Everyone ofcourse is allowed to have their own opinions about the term Waifu, I just don't think that this is the right place to have a discussion about such terms.
Let's stay on topic :nod

(So for me: I'm even more hyped after reading the spoilers, so curious how this will play out)
 

Itsnever2k

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2020
Messages
507
Reaction score
836
Age
26
Country
Belgium
If Maki really is like Toji now, I don't see how Naoya will manage against her. I just hope that if she does wipe out the rest of the clan, she's reintroduced to the main plot again in a meaningful way. I'm worried somewhat since Gege seems to be moving things pretty fast, and with the zenin clan destroyed, that would basically wrap up her character arc, but it would feel a waste not to have Maki do more now she's reached her full potential.
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
Definitely a chapter that'll get partially redrawn for the volume release.

And Gege really likes using that menacing one-eye look.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,565
Reaction score
11,300
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Definitely a chapter that'll get partially redrawn for the volume release.
Obviously.

What was that bad Jump thing that didn't make him work on the covers?
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,565
Reaction score
11,300
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Not sure what you mean.
On the topic of the Jump there are users who cry and scream every time because according to them the bad Jump and the evil Nak the Hack do not value Jujutsu by giving it covers ...
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
On the topic of the Jump there are users who cry and scream every time because according to them the bad Jump and the evil Nak the Hack do not value Jujutsu by giving it covers ...
I imagine when some see the chapter, they'll realize why he was trying to put it off.
 

Itsnever2k

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2020
Messages
507
Reaction score
836
Age
26
Country
Belgium
This chapter reminded me so much of kill bill
 

A$APBog

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Messages
374
Reaction score
348
Age
29
Country
France
If Maki really is like Toji now, I don't see how Naoya will manage against her. I just hope that if she does wipe out the rest of the clan, she's reintroduced to the main plot again in a meaningful way. I'm worried somewhat since Gege seems to be moving things pretty fast, and with the zenin clan destroyed, that would basically wrap up her character arc, but it would feel a waste not to have Maki do more now she's reached her full potential.
Maybe his Domain Expansion, I don't see what could counter her if it's not that...
Obviously.

What was that bad Jump thing that didn't make him work on the covers?
This cover is wonderful tho tbh
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
26
Gender
Male
Country
India
Maybe his Domain Expansion, I don't see what could counter her if it's not that...


This cover is wonderful tho tbh
There is no way Naoya has a domain expansion lol. If he did, he would've used it against Choso.
 

Senoirmeow

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2020
Messages
229
Reaction score
166
Age
36
Country
United Kingdom
To describe Naoya simply; A human on a big pair of balls.
Great chapter, but how on earth can be so confident after witnessing most of his clans private army get wiped by a single person.
So excited for next chapter
 

Lord Traffy Law

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 27, 2018
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
3,519
Age
31
Country
United Kingdom
Damn so toji really was a special grade Omo
I always knew but he was ridiculously poweful
He nearly destroyed the entire clan but changed his mind on a whim
 

Ero-Sanji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
2,554
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
This chapter was much better than I thought and we're getting even more! I actually don't care for the members of this clan. This is all about Maki and her developement.

Naoya has got to be stronger than his father, though, in order to keep up with Maki. Someone mentioned domain expansion and that is a good guess, but I'm not sure how that would work out. Like, what would that do? Instantly capture her in a fram? Maybe I've misunderstood the technique but seems as if all powers aren't capable of producing domain expansion. Another technique could be a Maximum technique.

I also like the fact that Toji, Naoya and Maki look similar.
 
Top