Hangout Jujutsu Kaisen Hangout Thread

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,543
Reaction score
11,285
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Spoiler pics













--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


--- Double Post Merged, ---

 

Boagrious

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2008
Messages
978
Reaction score
431
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just began reading this series and it is right up my alley. It gives me that Bleach/D. Gray Man/Parasyte vibe that I like, even a little of Soul Eater there with the Kishin elements. I'm enjoying it so far. Once I'm up to date with the manga, I'll start the Anime.
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,039
Gender
Female
Country
France
Sukuna only ever smile for Fushiguro. Does that mean he saw/felt Fushiguro in the area ?
Anyway, nice fight. I was waiting to see Rika pop out.
 

Neala897

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
3,971
Reaction score
2,638
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
Sukuna only ever smile for Fushiguro. Does that mean he saw/felt Fushiguro in the area ?
Anyway, nice fight. I was waiting to see Rika pop out.
I would say he smirked rathen than smiled. Its possible Yuuta did something that made it clear he isnt for real
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,878
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Sukuna only ever smile for Fushiguro. Does that mean he saw/felt Fushiguro in the area ?
Anyway, nice fight. I was waiting to see Rika pop out.
Certainly appeared in a way that isn't very kind to Yuuji haha.

Solid chapter this week. Choso mentioning his siblings again kind of makes me wonder when (and if) we'll meet the ones that haven't been introduced.
 

Jorden Rivera

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2017
Messages
392
Reaction score
724
Age
29
Country
United States
Certainly appeared in a way that isn't very kind to Yuuji haha.

Solid chapter this week. Choso mentioning his siblings again kind of makes me wonder when (and if) we'll meet the ones that haven't been introduced.
I think Gege said in an interview (or this may be been the fanbook, I don't really remember), that the rest of the siblings aren't that strong so he didn't really plan on showing them.
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,039
Gender
Female
Country
France
Certainly appeared in a way that isn't very kind to Yuuji haha.

Solid chapter this week. Choso mentioning his siblings again kind of makes me wonder when (and if) we'll meet the ones that haven't been introduced.
I think the purpose was to say (once again) that he includes Yuuji in his brothers. Since there were 9 wombs so 9 brothers, Yuuji is the "tenth"

Honestly that brother thing cracks me up, I can't wait to see who the next brother will be (and he explaination behind it)
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,847
Reaction score
23,516
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It is in the context of the whole conversation, imo.



I'll just say: keep doing what you're doing, Gege.
He'll change his mind when he sees Nobura with a badass eyepatch.

That said I'm amazed that people are surprised that the ladies in Jujutsu Kaisen don't light Kubo's candle. You can tell by the bazillion characters Kubo's created what he likes. Which is something a lot more vivid and bombastic. It doesn't have much in common with with what we see in Jujutsu Kaisen. And visually the art couldn't be more different with Gege having very much of a stenciled look with a lot of noticeable lines and very little use of shading and solid colors. Which was one of Kubo's specialties. Black and white color contrast.
 
Last edited:

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
He'll change his mind when he sees Nobura with an badass eyepatch.

That said I'm amazed that people are surprised that the ladies in Jujutsu Kaisen don't light Kubo's candle. You can tell by the bazillion characters Kubo's created what he likes. Which is something a lot more vivid and bombastic. It doesn't have much in common with with what we see in Jujutsu Kaisen. And visually the art couldn't be more different with Gege having very much of a stenciled look with a lot of noticeable lines and very little use of shading and solid colors. Which was one of Kubo's specialties. Black and white color contrast.
I definitely wasn’t surprised. Just more the irony of it when he could actually learn something from Gege instead of taking the conversation to a point where the latter felt the need to be critical of his own work, especially when talking with a veteran author whose work influenced him.

And vivid/bombastic is one way to put it.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,847
Reaction score
23,516
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I definitely wasn’t surprised. Just more the irony of it when he could actually learn something from Gege instead of taking the conversation to a point where the latter felt the need to be critical of his own work, especially when talking with a veteran author whose work influenced him.

And vivid/bombastic is one way to put it.
Well, that might be stretching it a bit I mean Kubo doesn't have to love Gege's work. And I think they're is more value in having an open conversation about creative differences between the opinions of authors than to pretend they like what they don't. Kubo has been working in industry a lot longer and has had a lot of experiments, successes, and failures. Most famous authors have. I'm sure he's well aware not everybody likes everything about his own work.

There is real value in authors giving opinions, thoughts, and constructive criticism. Praise isn't worth nearly as much as that. In fact I think most authors would prefer a more unvarnished response from someone they look up to because it meant they really did know the series well enough to form a real opinion and cared enough to share it with them.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Okkotsu apologizing when he stabbed Itadori stood out to me. Iirc he was a lot more hostile with regards to Itadori prior to their fight. Feels like he's grown to perhaps acknowledge/respect him a bit more over their encounter and feels it's a shame to take him out.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,543
Reaction score
11,285
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
ラストだけ
後ろから乙骨
虎杖を引きずってきて
脹相殴る

辛そうですね 直哉さん
Just the last part
Yuta appears behind dragging yuji and punches Choso
"Looks like you're having a hard time Naoya-san"
 

Neala897

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
3,971
Reaction score
2,638
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
ラストだけ
後ろから乙骨
虎杖を引きずってきて
脹相殴る

辛そうですね 直哉さん
Just the last part
Yuta appears behind dragging yuji and punches Choso
"Looks like you're having a hard time Naoya-san"
You know back then I though I am not going to have fave character in JJK. But then Yuta came and I felt like Sukuna with Megumi.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,543
Reaction score
11,285
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
な<ヤバイ距離を取らされた上 大量の血で奴を見失った
トロイ攻撃ややっぱ出血で死にかけなんやろ
(柱の隙間?から)
穿血?(文字ないので違うかも)を放つ脹相

な(心の声)<足が重い 生地に滲みとる血を固定しとんのや
ち<あとはわかるな 詰みだ
な<どうやろうな(俺の術式は事前に24fpsで作った動きを後追い(トレース)する)

穿血の構えで動かない脹相
突っ込む直哉
な(心の声)<なんで 撃ってこぉへんのや

これは150年自らの術式と向かい合った
脹相オリジナル

「超新星」

ち<悪いが兄弟を愛せなかった オマエの気持ちはわからん

後ろから乙骨が現れる
ち<なっ
振り返ろうとするが
乙骨に殴られ倒れる脹相

お<辛そうですね 直哉さん

次回へ

Q: 超新星直前で殴られて気絶かこれ
兄ちゃんは高専で捕縛されんのか
A (Leaker): わかりづらくてごめん

超新星は直哉にヒットしてる
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So


- Choso activates a kind of domain that seems to be controlled by the eyes.
- The concentrated blood improves vision, so he can see Naoya's movements
- Yuta appears behind Choso with Itadori without conscience
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Well, that might be stretching it a bit I mean Kubo doesn't have to love Gege's work. And I think they're is more value in having an open conversation about creative differences between the opinions of authors than to pretend they like what they don't. Kubo has been working in industry a lot longer and has had a lot of experiments, successes, and failures. Most famous authors have. I'm sure he's well aware not everybody likes everything about his own work.

There is real value in authors giving opinions, thoughts, and constructive criticism. Praise isn't worth nearly as much as that. In fact I think most authors would prefer a more unvarnished response from someone they look up to because it meant they really did know the series well enough to form a real opinion and cared enough to share it with them.
Doesn't it sound a bit more like a joke in the style of Todo? Pretty sure a lot is also lost in translation with words like "attraction" and "bias in the number of genders". I'm saying that because there isn't much constructive criticism in that comment from what I understand. Female characters' personalities in JJK are "unyielding" and therefore "unattractive". The reason for that might be in the preferences of the author. So Akutami should change preferences or take an anti-bias training?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,847
Reaction score
23,516
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Doesn't it sound a bit more like a joke in the style of Todo? Pretty sure a lot is also lost in translation with words like "attraction" and "bias in the number of genders". I'm saying that because there isn't much constructive criticism in that comment from what I understand. Female characters' personalities in JJK are "unyielding" and therefore "unattractive". The reason for that might be in the preferences of the author. So Akutami should change preferences or take an anti-bias training?
It certainly could be. But the way it's phrased in terms of leading his answer with an apology seems like it's mostly him giving feedback to me. The end bit about "bias" does sound like good natured teasing though.

The question of was which female characters does he like. He answer was sort of an apologetic, "they're not really my style" basically. As they seem to fit a particular mold. Which, he's not wrong about though I might argue Miwa is an exception. Still I maintain when he sees Nobura with eyepatch he'll be all in.
 
Last edited:

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,543
Reaction score
11,285
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
 
Top