Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
New series by author of Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. Name starts with "Toshokan," don't know the other kanji.
It is called Toshokan no Minarai Shisho; also, I believe that is just an one shot, not new series.
 
Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Interesting switch for Fantasma, that would give it at least three series in that magazine that I follow (well only buy Ultimo since thats sold here, and Salaryman Exorcist still seems to not be picked up for any western release).
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,929
Reaction score
5,622
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Robinson's new series is kind of cute looking. Since one can never have enough cute in this humble translator's opinion, I think I'll look forward to it.

For those who care, it's described as a 'Monster academy campus comedy'.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
1/11 Juuichi Bun no Ichi


Shin Tennis no Oujisama


Teiichi no Kuni


Gamma


Te to Kuchi
 

kobester11

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 8, 2013
Messages
148
Reaction score
53
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I'm really enjoying Sousei no Onmyouji. I hope it was serialized in WSJ instead!
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm really enjoying Sousei no Onmyouji. I hope it was serialized in WSJ instead!
Why? There are series that are better in a mothly basis. Sousei no Onmyouji chapters are so well made with 45 pages that I wonder whether it would work in a weekly basis.
 

Stark700

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
814
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Why? There are series that are better in a mothly basis. Sousei no Onmyouji chapters are so well made with 45 pages that I wonder whether it would work in a weekly basis.
Not sure if Viz would want to add any more monthly series for fear of further angering subbers. It's possible though.
Seraph, Zexal, and Exorcist seem like more than enough for the time being. There's like 3 more months before Seraph has caught up to Japan too.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Not sure if Viz would want to add any more monthly series for fear of further angering subbers. It's possible though.
Seraph, Zexal, and Exorcist seem like more than enough for the time being. There's like 3 more months before Seraph has caught up to Japan too.
I think he meant WSJ as Jump of Japan, not ESJ. Therefore, they wanted to see Sousei no Onmyouji as a weekly series. I wrote my post thinking that way.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The special illustration for Gamma.


---------- Post added March 05, 2014 at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was March 03, 2014 at 09:30 PM ----------

It is announced that Owari no Seraph has surpassed printing 1,000,000 copies.

---------- Post added March 18, 2014 at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was March 05, 2014 at 01:08 AM ----------

May Releases:
- Embalming -The Another Tale of Frankenstein- Volume 8
- Rosario to Vampire Season II Volume 14 (Final)
- Owari no Seraph Volume 5
- Te to Kuchi Volume 3

---------- Post added March 19, 2014 at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was March 18, 2014 at 11:26 PM ----------

The new trailer for upcoming Rurouni Kenshin movie:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

IronAngel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
46
Reaction score
90
Gender
Male
Country
Chile
It looks like there's going to be an important announcement for Rurouni Kenshin on June Issue.

And Kanshikan Tsunemori Akane has surpassed printing 550,000 copies.

Info uploaded in behalf of Kaizou 10
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,929
Reaction score
5,622
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
It looks like there's going to be an important announcement for Rurouni Kenshin on June Issue.

Info uploaded in behalf of Kaizou 10
Interesting. I wonder what it'll be? I was just thinking with all the attention Kenshin is getting that I'm surprised a formal reboot of the anime hasn't been announced a la HXH. It'd be easier to do since the manga is done and all --unlike HXH.
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Interesting. I wonder what it'll be? I was just thinking with all the attention Kenshin is getting that I'm surprised a formal reboot of the anime hasn't been announced a la HXH. It'd be easier to do since the manga is done and all --unlike HXH.
Promoting something that is ongoing is better business.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Interesting. I wonder what it'll be? I was just thinking with all the attention Kenshin is getting that I'm surprised a formal reboot of the anime hasn't been announced a la HXH. It'd be easier to do since the manga is done and all --unlike HXH.
Isnt it getting attention because of the need to promote the live action films.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Issue 05:

Gakumon! (New Series, Lead Color)
Kono Oto Tomare! (Lead Color)
To LOVE-Ru - Darkness (Lead Color)
1/11 (Center Color)
Sousei no Onmyoji
Ii yo ne! Yonezawa-sensei (New Series, Center Color)
Ao no Exorcist
Talent Funsouki Koppy
Claymore
Shinai Naru Koroshiya-sama (Center Color)
Taisho Roman Oni-san Yameteee!!
Toshokan no Minarai Shisho (Oneshot, Center Color)
Owari no Seraph
Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama
Houkago no Ouji-sama
Gag Manga Biyori
Parman no Jonetsuteki na Hibi
Teiichi no Kuni (Center Color)
Boku no Manga
Te to Kuchi
Gamma
Unmei no Kami-sama (Oneshot)
Second Brain (Center Color)
Tegami Bachi

Absent: Embalming - The Another Tale of Frankenstein

Issue 06:

Cover: Owari no Seraph
New Series, Lead Color: μ&i
Center Color: Gakumon!, Te to Kuchi, Sousei no Onmyoji, Owari no Seraph
Extra: Ao no Exorcist Poster
Big Announcement: Rurouni Kenshin
 
Last edited:

redon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
1,757
Reaction score
17,709
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
To Love Ru series: 13,000,000 copies.

 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,929
Reaction score
5,622
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Promoting something that is ongoing is better business.
I agree. The thing is while HXH is not 'finished' it's also not 'ongoing' either. Right now the anime (which is nearing the end of it's material) is the only thing 'ongoing' about it. Why not reanimate Kenshin that ended before covering the entire manga and has live action movies coming out? I'm not saying they will or they should, but it's not something outside of the realm of possiblity either I think.


Isnt it getting attention because of the need to promote the live action films.
Yeah it is. Feels like an anime reboot would be a nice way to keep that momentum perhaps.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Promoting something that is ongoing is better business.
Fortunately, more than one thing can be promoted at a time. A Kenshin remake would not preclude something else getting an anime or live adaption.

Plenty of finished manga are getting anime this spring. Ping Pong, Mushishi, JoJo's, Notari Matsutarou, Dragonball Kai. The original Kenshin anime did not end under good circumstances. A full remake would be a massively popular in Japan and overseas. I daresay a Kenshin remake would be bigger than an anime for anything currently serialized in SQ. Maybe not comparable to JoJo's, but close.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Watsuki said something about a new RK project coming across his desk a few months back. And I could have sworn there was something said about a new RK manga featuring the villains and their POV. It's probably that.
 

Txapeldun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2013
Messages
599
Reaction score
236
Country
Abu Dhabi
IMHO, the reboot was awful. I'd rather take an anime adaptation that a secobd reboot manga
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top