Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
1,757
Reaction score
17,709
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
New Rurouni Kenshin spin-off about Shishio Makoto by Nobuhiro Watsuki, titled Aku no Kioku (Record of Evil).



Nobuhiro Watsuki puts Embalming on hiatus to resume it this fall with the start of the final arc.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
well, just about everyone called that happening, huh
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I guess this will be a manga viz will run in WSJ
 

Txapeldun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2013
Messages
599
Reaction score
236
Country
Abu Dhabi
Last time Embalming was also scheduled to resume early and the spin off took nearly a year to end.
But then this time we can read the 前後編 that implies it will only be for two months.
Let's see if Watsuki is capable of making something good, or at least something not terrible.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hey, Embalming is pretty good!
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Embalming is solid. Not the best, but easily better than, say, Gun Blaze West or RuroKen Restoration. Which isn't saying much, but my point is Embalming is fine. I'd rather have it than more awful ruroken comics, but I'm ready to be surprised by the Shishio spin-off
 

Txapeldun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2013
Messages
599
Reaction score
236
Country
Abu Dhabi
I never said Embalming was bad. I haven't even read it. The point was that Cinema-ban was terrible IMO.
On a side note, Busou Renkin was only ok.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I'd say it was more than okay, but that's mostly down to its versatility as a comic for both long-time readers and newbies.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,391
Reaction score
39,063
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The Big News is the spin-off? this was already known months ago......
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The Big News is the spin-off? this was already known months ago......
Yeah, but it wasn't ever announced in the magazine itself. All he'd announced was that he was working on a spinoff, not when it would start or even what magazine it would be in.

Anyway, this might be a bit late but I haven't seen anyone post it yet. I finally got last month's issue, so here are some quick scans of the Jump SQ Heroine calendar.

Cover
Blue Exorcist
Taisho Roman Oni-san Yamateee!!
To LOVE-Ru Darkness
Sousei no Onmyouji
Te to Kuchi
Kono Oto Tomare!
Character Info
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Great calendar. Although I'm not a fan of Blue Exorcist, I can say that Kazue Kato draws very well. Besides that, Sousei no Onmyouji and Te to Kuchi drawings are nice as well. Kono Oto Tomare is a series that catch my attention whenever I see its art, I plan to read it soon, this curiosity is killing me already. xD
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The BLue Exorcist one is the most photogenic one of the bunch, while the Twin Star Exorcists seems a bit deceptive, I never remember Benio never not looking angry or agitated. But it is a nice one for her character.

Never heard of Satowa Hozuki
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Momo ~ great page that one is.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
issue 06 ToC:

μ&i (New series, lead color)
Blue Exorcist
Boku no Manga
Kono Oto Tomare!
Gakumon! (Center color)
Gamma
Gag Manga Biyori
Teiichi no Kuni
Shin'ai naru Korishiya-sama
Seraph of the End (Cover, center color)
To LOVE-Ru Darkness
Ii yo ne! Yonezawa-Sensei
1/11
Sousei no Onmyouji (Center color)
Claymore
The Afterschool Prince of Tennis
Kokutou (Oneshot)
Embalming - The Another Tale of Frankenstein (Going on hiatus)
Talent Funsouki Koppy
Tegami Bachi
Parman no Jounetsuteki na Hibi
Te to Kuchi (Center color)
Taisho Roman Oni-san Yameteee!!
Second Brain

Absent: The New Prince of Tennis

Issue 07:
Cover and Lead Color: Sousei no Onmyouji
Center Color: μ&i, Gakumon!, Claymore, Rengoku no Ashe (Oneshot by Tatsuya Endou, author of Tista and Gekka Bijin)
 
Last edited:

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So Second Brain is not long for this world.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,929
Reaction score
5,622
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Oh shit. Just when I was wondering what happened to Tatsuya Endou, he hears my prayers and comes back with a oneshot. How long has it been since he's been around? I may actually have to care about SQ next month now. This is awesome.
 

Rychy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 8, 2014
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Anyone know what 'μ&i' is about?
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh shit. Just when I was wondering what happened to Tatsuya Endou, he hears my prayers and comes back with a oneshot. How long has it been since he's been around? I may actually have to care about SQ next month now. This is awesome.
I love Tatsuya Endou too I wonder if his next series would do every well this time:zomg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top