Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's really too bad for Fantasma. The reception and sales were that low that it coulsn't even stick arouns in 19?
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Kumiko Yamamoto will publish a oneshot, Mayohiga no Shikame, in Jump Sq.19 n°15 (19/08).
Hakoniwa Yûgi by Fumi Tanaka will be short serie. 2 or 3 volumes.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kumiko Yamamoto will publish a oneshot, Mayohiga no Shikame, in Jump Sq.19 n°15 (19/08).
Hakoniwa Yûgi by Fumi Tanaka will be short serie. 2 or 3 volumes.
So basically a normal series for SQ/SQ.19 at this point, then.
Speaking of Yamamoto, I really should finish reading Adashi Mono. At least that one got a full volume after being sent to SQ.19 to die...
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
August 4 :

Hakoniwa Yûgi #01
Kanshikan Tsunemori Akane #05
Libido Hunter Takeru #03
Myû & I #01
Shin Tennis no Ôjisama #13
Taishô Roman Tanteitan #02
Tegami Bachi #18
Teiichi no Kuni #09
To Love-ru Darkness #11
 

Stark700

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
814
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Did To Love Ru Darkness end?
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Does anyone here read Kekkai Sensen; if yes, what do you think of think of the series? Do you know how many chapters are out in Japan? (SQ / SQ 19 is pretty much a magazine I usually don't follow at all)
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does anyone here read Kekkai Sensen; if yes, what do you think of think of the series? Do you know how many chapters are out in Japan? (SQ / SQ 19 is pretty much a magazine I usually don't follow at all)
I've been meaning to read it for a while now, but it's licensed in English so I might just buy those. It doesn't have that many chapters out; started as a series of oneshots in SQ, then became a full series in SQ.19, which only has 14 issues out. Each chapter is freaking enormous though, like 70-80 pages long I think. They're also usually self-contained stories, so you can pretty much just pick a random chapter and read it without needing to know anything else.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I've been meaning to read it for a while now, but it's licensed in English so I might just buy those. It doesn't have that many chapters out; started as a series of oneshots in SQ, then became a full series in SQ.19, which only has 14 issues out. Each chapter is freaking enormous though, like 70-80 pages long I think. They're also usually self-contained stories, so you can pretty much just pick a random chapter and read it without needing to know anything else.
Ok, guess I'll get myself the chapters. But well from the extra of ch01 I saw on Jump SQ's nothing exceptionally great in the series, but well I'll see.
 

redon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
1,757
Reaction score
17,709
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Rurouni Kenshin - Aku no Kioku picture.



Ao no Exorcist: 12,000,000 copies (13 Volumes).

 
Last edited:

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
The Blue Exorcist sales are for volumes 1-12, 13 still isn't out.
I'm quite sure that their including of 13 print numbers in there isn't impossible (I won't say they are because I can't read jp), considering it comes out now, getting the number of the print (total amount or just individual volume) is a usual occurrence.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm quite sure that their including of 13 print numbers in there isn't impossible (I won't say they are because I can't read jp), considering it comes out now, getting the number of the print (total amount or just individual volume) is a usual occurrence.
Yeah, but that image is actually from the issue of SQ that came out a few weeks ago. The Japanese just says "12 million copies in print now, volume 13 comes out July 4." It's still valid since Volume 13 definitely isn't gonna make the total number of copies go down, but having 12 million copies was announced a few months ago so it definitely didn't include 13 then.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-02-01/blue-exorcist-manga-has-12-million-copies-in-print
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone here read Kekkai Sensen; if yes, what do you think of think of the series? Do you know how many chapters are out in Japan? (SQ / SQ 19 is pretty much a magazine I usually don't follow at all)
I own the first two volumes and really like it. It feel a little... inconsequential at times, but it's a fun read through and through, which is far too rare a thing nowadays.
 

redon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
1,757
Reaction score
17,709
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Jump SQ #08/2014 cover LQ.



---------- Post added June 27, 2014 at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was June 26, 2014 at 10:37 AM ----------

Better quality.

 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Issue 08:


Nightmare Funk (New series, lead color)
To LOVE-Ru Darkness
Gakumon!
Rurouni Kenshin (Cover, Center color)
μ&i
Sousei no Onmyouji
Blue Exorcist (Center color)
The New Prince of Tennis
The Prince of Afterschool
ISSEN (Oneshot, center color)
Talent Funsouki Koppy
Seraph of the End
Ii yo ne! Yonezawa-Sensei
Claymore
Kono Oto Tomare! (Center color)
Gag Manga Biyori
Shin'ai naru Koroshiya-sama
Tegami Bachi
Parman no Jounetsuteki na Hibi
Gamma (Center color)
Te to Kuchi
Boku no Manga
Teiichi no Kuni
Taisho Roman Oni-san Yameteee! - End

Issue 09:

Cover: Blue Exorcist
Lead Color: 7th Garden (New series by Isumi Mitsu, artist of AnoHana)
Center Color: μ&i, The New Prince of Tennis, Nightmare Funk, To LOVE-Ru Darkness, Top of the World (oneshot)
 
Last edited:

Stark700

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
814
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Wow, there's finally about to be a part 2 to this thread.

Is D. Gray Man still in hiatus? Or is it finished?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wow, there's finally about to be a part 2 to this thread.

Is D. Gray Man still in hiatus? Or is it finished?
It is still in hiatus.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Any news about μ&i reception?
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It is still in hiatus.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Any news about μ&i reception?
It seems to be doing fairly well, what with being near the top of the magazine. Next month is the color page for volume 1's release, so after that should be a good indicator of if it'll last or not.
I finally got around to starting Gamma, and it's pretty good so far. That it keeps being in the back worries me, but it's already up to the fifth volume and gets color often enough to make me feel like it can last a good deal longer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top