Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emba

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
42
Gender
Hidden
Country
Vatican City State
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Got my SQ issue, and had a closer look at the ads and so on. I should have noticed this on the original ad posted here. >_> JUMP SQ.II is a special issue (増刊) of SQ, much like AkaJump is a special issue of WSJ.

There's also more info on the official site now. It will contain works by veteran mangaka, one-shots by newcomers, new series, and of course, the Stan Lee x Takei Hiroyuki project. More info will be forthcoming.
Gee, I'm curious what other mangaka will be featured. Probably nothing as outrageous as the Lee/Takei combo, but they better not be all too average...
Next month could be incredibly intersting, as far as manga is concerned. o.o


Is anybody currently set to scan anything from the new issue, and if so, what?
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I got Tegami Bachi, PatKen and Shiki covered. (there is no Kiyoku this month) Unfortunately I'm short on time this month so I can't really take on any more, unless y'all can wait till April.
 

emba

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
42
Gender
Hidden
Country
Vatican City State
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Thanks! I'll be looking forward to Shiki.

But I'm really most interested in Embalming, and I'd be forever grateful if anybody could find the time to scan it...
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: The official Jump Square thread

That new one-shot by the Eyeshield mangaka, is that this month already?
If so, I hope that gets scanned, the color spread on the SQ website looks hella awesome.
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: The official Jump Square thread

^

Yes, the one-shot by Murata-sensei is in this month's SQ.

@haya5shi: This month's (#4) Shiki has already been scanned and scanlated. ^_^ Maybe you could scan the one-shot instead~
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: The official Jump Square thread

^

Yes, the one-shot by Murata-sensei is in this month's SQ.

@haya5shi: This month's (#4) Shiki has already been scanned and scanlated. ^_^ Maybe you could scan the one-shot instead~
hooray! I was looking for it here last night but I didn't see it. Does that mean you don't need #3 either?

There is something in this issue called "(something something) Window Orchestra" about music students - is it a new series or one-shot?
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Oh, I still buy Jump SQ so I definitely don't need anything. XD I think there's no need to keep scanning Shiki though. If anyone wants the raws, I'll ask tsubasa to release theirs, or anyone can PM me for them.

Houkago Wind Orchestra (or After School Wind Orchestra) is a new series about a band group/club. The author is Usayuu Ichirou. It looks interesting at first glance, though I haven't had the chance to read it properly yet.

The other interesting one-shot is World4u, by Ejiri Tatsuma (mangaka of P2). World4u has had many other one-shots before in Jump and AkaJump too.
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Hi~! X3 (OK, that was pretty random -*- )

umm . . . I just just want to ask if anyone is planning to scan Embalming or ToI some times soon or not? Since I got the translation for Embalming out already, and I feel a bit bad that the reader doesn't have to RAW to refer to.

I mean, if you two (or three, or more, I don't know. I totally don't know if you all have the planned series to scan or not, even though I'm pretty sure there must be some fixed cue or something ^_^") are busy, I might scan Embalming this Saturday, since people are asking for it. So, I think I better ask first whether you are too busy to scan it? X3
 
Last edited:

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: The official Jump Square thread

kirimi said:
Oh, I still buy Jump SQ so I definitely don't need anything. XD
oops, I guess I meant to say "you all on this thread", not YOU you.:XD But if you can find someone else to post the raws I think a lot of people here would be very grateful.:)

Ju-da-su said:
I might scan Embalming this Saturday, since people are asking for it. So, I think I better ask first whether you are too busy to scan it? X3
I'll not have time to scan Embalming or ToI this month, no, but I dont know if Asakura's doing them already. If no one has done World4u by the end of the month I'll do that too (I leave for Tokyo on the 20th and won't be back till April).

I'm working on getting Tegami out by the end of this week, and PatKen out by next week. BTW is anyone even reading PatKen? If there's no interest in this series I'll stop scanning it when the current battle winds up, which should be by next month's issue. (I've kind of lost interest in it myself.) Then I'll be able to pick up ToI, which I AM interested in reading.
 
Last edited:

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
544
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I didn't have anything to scan last week due to a massive amount of papers I've been assigned and due the following Monday at the time. Sorry about that everyone.

However, I'll have alot of chapters ready for the weekend. I have dibs in the gags (including biyori and Tsumi), Dragonaut, ToI, World4u, the other one-shot, kure-nai and houkago wind orchestra. I may or may not have the motivation to scan embalming this month. I also have my other priorities I need to worry about (such as class and papers due soon.)

all that's left is Pat-ken, Luck Stealer and possibly Embalming if I decide not to scan it.

I was the one who scanned shiki this month. I'll ask tsubasa if it's okay to distribute it to the public.
 
Last edited:

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Embalming done . . . ^_^"

Anything else I can help with the scanning then?? I mean, I'm just a newbie at the scanner's work, but if it helps, I'm willing to help. - -"
 

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
544
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

@ Ju-da-su and others

What I currently have scanned right now:

Akiba
Kitchen
Parman
Sekaino
Tsumikabatsu
Biyori
Dragonaut

What I'm planning to finish off next (in order):

Koifuki Parc
World 4u
Kure-nai
Wind Orchestra
ToI

(If you want to help me by scanning one of these series, please ask so I'll take it off my to-do list.)

What needs to be scanned(and not taken by me):


Luck stealer
Pat-ken (though I think this is hayashi turf so I wouldn't recommend scanning unless you guys talk to her first)
Ginpachi (I'm not scanning this this month due to half of the pagesin my copy got severely ripped and were deemed useless. If one of you guys would would be so kind and scan it for me please? ;_; )


EDIT: Just scanned Koifuki Parc and Kure-nai (skipped world4u for some reason; consider that the next one in my list though). I hope my last batch of scanning finishes the rest of my work off... x_X

BTW, I will distro these chapters all at once if anyone of you were wondering
 
Last edited:

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I haven't started scanning this month's Pat-Ken yet; Anyone who wants to is certainly welcome to do so.:)

Just curious, who here is actually buying JSQ? Not wanting to guilt people into scanning, just wondering how many people are buying it? I know of kirimi, Asakura, Ju-da-su, niphredil and myself.
 
Last edited:

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I just start buying on this fourth issue though. The first three, I didn't buy. ^_^"


Asakura, I'm planning to do ToI, and if no one do the Madofuki no Palk One Shot, I think I'll give it a try then. -*-
 
Last edited:

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
544
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Koifuki Parc (or Madofuki no Palk according to you) is already scanned by me, just not uploaded yet. My internet has been going really slow so I couldn't upload anything big over the past few days. I called in my ISP last night and fixed the problem. All the chapters on that list (excluding ToI) I scanned over the weekend. I'd suggest you work on Pat-ken (and ToI) to finish this issue off. If not then i'll try scanning those two over the weekend. ^^


I will upload 17 chapters worth as soon as I get back from my classes.
 
Last edited:

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: The official Jump Square thread

ToI is done~ X3

I'll see if I have time for Pat-Ken then. I got to sort out my times since my translation schedule is just a bit too messy now. ^_^"
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: The official Jump Square thread

From the official SQ site, the upcoming one-shots in SQ include:

May issue (release 4 Apr)
  • Toriyama Akira (Dragonball) x Katsura Masakazu (ZETMAN), Sachie-chan Guu!!
  • Kitou Mohiro (Bokurano), Kare no Satsujin Keikaku
  • Togashi Yasutaka (Takeda Fukubuchou running in Super JUMP), Shin Shiritsu Tantei Murata Kazuo

June issue (release 4 May)
  • Yasuhiro Nightow (Trigun, Trigun Maximum), 血界戦線 (Chikai Sensen?) or War of the Blood Society
 

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
544
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

From the official SQ site, the upcoming one-shots in SQ include:

May issue (release 4 Apr)
  • Toriyama Akira (Dragonball) x Katsura Masakazu (ZETMAN), Sachie-chan Guu!!
  • Kitou Mohiro (Bokurano), Kare no Satsujin Keikaku
  • Togashi Yasutaka (Takeda Fukubuchou running in Super JUMP), Shin Shiritsu Tantei Murata Kazuo

June issue (release 4 May)
  • Yasuhiro Nightow (Trigun, Trigun Maximum), 血界戦線 (Chikai Sensen?) or War of the Blood Society
I just received the Yasuhiro Nightow news early this morning. I was going to post but didn't make it apparently. D:
I think I know who would like to scanlate this one-shot when it comes out though. Here's a pic of the announcement:



Dunno who the other mangaka is...

And on an unrelated note, here is this month's manga fix (except for Ginpachi):

Akiba 005
Sekaino 005
Parman 005
 
Last edited:

Epsilonium

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2007
Messages
68
Reaction score
53
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I have asked this in the RTS thread too...
but nobody seem to going to answer me.
I am not sure where to ask for else...

may I ask for another mirror for Shiki 3?
I cannot access sendspace...at all...
(neither megaupload. mediafire preferred)
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I have asked this in the RTS thread too...
but nobody seem to going to answer me.
I am not sure where to ask for else...

may I ask for another mirror for Shiki 3?
I cannot access sendspace...at all...
(neither megaupload. mediafire preferred)
Check the RTS, I added an RS mirror
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top