Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilonium

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2007
Messages
68
Reaction score
53
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Wow, that picture looks awesome!

...but well, how's the current May issue of SQ coming along?
it's out certainly, but I see no raws yet...
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I am going to try to get the copy tomorrow, if not, Monday the latest. I'll probably scan ToI, if that's OK with the other scanners. (since I don't want it to be scanned like . . . nearly the last in the issue, so do Miken. @_@ )

And if I finish with ToI and either Asa or kirimi doesn't start on Embalming yet, I'll probably scan Embalming as well. Yet again, I still have to get my copy . . . *hoping that it will arrived already tomorrow along with Shounen Rival @_@"*
 

andysislands

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
152
Reaction score
137
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

For more Ultimo info (Story, names, HQ images of characters, number of pages) check this article out:
http://shamanking-nation.com/english/hiroyuki-takei/ultimo-new-series-with-joint-us-japan-release/

A bit long, but it covers everything you need to know and more! Plus HQ images (bigger than those already posted).

Anyways, I would like to make this statement. Viz is actually trying to release this manga in a timely manner. It's probably going to come out in SJ USA in a month or so. And since this is a prologue, that means it's a full series (which will probably be released in JumpSQ). Viz has licensed it, and as soon as it's released in Japan, Viz will annouce it's official release for the USA. So... for this reason, I know it may be hard, but I don't think Edited Mangas of the manga should be made. Viz is making a strong effort to get manga over to English readers as fast as possible (like Gonzo with it's new anime distro policies), and I think we should try to honor this, to allow for future projects such as this to happen. I'm sure somebody will upload the raw scan, and I understand that, but I think an English Edited Manga is not needed. For this reason, my Edited Manga group, Mankin-Trad, will not be Editing Ultimo, since we have respect for Viz's attempt at a monthly world-wide release of a manga. And if anybody does provide translations for the manga, I would encourage that you request that your translations not be used for Edited Manga use.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: The official Jump Square thread

ah I thought it was just a one-shot but apparently not. If they are targeting to make English releases as fast as japanese ones, then I agree with andy.
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: The official Jump Square thread

...but well, how's the current May issue of SQ coming along?
it's out certainly, but I see no raws yet...
for most of us it just came out on Friday, let us have some quality time with our precious before we start slicing them apart...:eyeroll
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: The official Jump Square thread

For more Ultimo info (Story, names, HQ images of characters, number of pages) check this article out:
http://shamanking-nation.com/english/hiroyuki-takei/ultimo-new-series-with-joint-us-japan-release/
Thanks for the update! Also agree with you and I hope translators and Manga Editors can take the proper initiative. ^^

Re JUMP SQ scanning - thanks to everyone who's still scanning this! I hope it would inspire others to help scan too. :p I'm translating Shiki as we speak, so Edited Mangas should be out as soon as humanly possible. ;) Please wait for it!
 

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
544
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Almost, I still need to scan Luck Stealer. I think I'll combo it up with this month's chapter later next week.
 

Kioras

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2008
Messages
88
Reaction score
15
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

hate to ask this but was their a release of Rosario + Vampire season 2 in issue 4 of Jump SQ?

I have not been able to track it down anywhere on the net.
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Yes, the should be. I mean, Rosario + Vampire II doesn't take a break yet so far. Embalming is the only one in JSQ that ever took a break. ^_^"
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: The official Jump Square thread

hate to ask this but was their a release of Rosario + Vampire season 2 in issue 4 of Jump SQ?

I have not been able to track it down anywhere on the net.
Here are all the Rosario II RTS threads. Issue 4 of Jump SQ would be chapter 5.
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: The official Jump Square thread


cover features Sachie-chan, star of the one-shot by Toriyama Akira x Katsura Masakazu

When the Kinokuniya clerk handed me this month's JSQ I thought they reserved the wrong magazine for me...:sweat
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread


cover features Sachie-chan, star of the one-shot by Toriyama Akira x Katsura Masakazu

When the Kinokuniya clerk handed me this month's JSQ I thought they reserved the wrong magazine for me...:sweat
That is obviously Katsura's brainchild, because there is no way in hell that Toriyama drew that girl... Now I'm VERY interested in this one-shot...
 

fedeternum

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Re: The official Jump Square thread

embalming chapter 5 preview (super low quality!)



My web: Embalming Manga
 
Last edited:

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: The official Jump Square thread

6 days passed since release; Embalming up; ToI up; Rosario up. May I ask what happened to all the rest? @_@ (I mean, I haven't seen any JSQ update other than that, which I found as a bit strange, since before, there are more updates than this - -")
 

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
920
Reaction score
1,846
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Are you talking about the raw scanning? If anyone needs help scanning, I can pitch in scanning a chapter or two of something from JSQ.

Just need to make sure that there is no overlap ^_^;
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Yep, about RAW scanning. ^_^"

And I'm not even sure who is doing what. @_@"
 

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
920
Reaction score
1,846
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Haha, me too. >_> What are the stuff that hasn't been scanned yet? =o

And seriously, who's doing what? O_o;
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I got no idea who is doing what, but as far as JSQ this issue goes:

Matsuri Special
Sachechan Guu!! (one shot)
Kare no Satsujinkeikaku (one shot)
Houkago Wind Orchestra
Magical Cooking Kaosu Kichin
Kure-nai
Gag Manga Hiyori
Tsumikabatsu
Haido Hakase Jikken Noto (one shot)
Shiki
Luck Stealer
Tista
Pat-ken
Dragonaut -the Resonance-

And somehow, I can't find Parman in my issue when it is in the Table of Contents *scratch on the head*

Where have all the scanners gone . . . ? -*-

PS. And I'm uploading Tegami Bachi at the moment. ;)
 

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
920
Reaction score
1,846
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Ahh...okay. I'll see if I have some free time to scan something...I have yet to look through this issue of JSQ =S

EDIT: I'm going to scan Dragonaut -The Resonance-, but I'll only do it tomorrow after I get back from work. It's almost time for me to go to bed (and if no one else has scanned it yet by then)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top