Re: The official Jump Square thread
I'm not that sure about what is a staple series . . . but if talking about what are the series that are probably amongs the favorites, I think it should be Embalming, Tegami Bachi and maybe Tista, Shiki or Kure-nai.
Though I like Tales of Innocence the second out of all the JSQ series and it becomes a lot more popular than other Tales series manga (most of them are unnoticed. RAW are very hard to find, since I think only two others out of six others are serialized in magazines, and it's not the magazine that draw that much attention among manga community anyway. Others just got the tankanbons, I think =_="), I still don't think that it is among the most popular for some reason I can't explain. @_@"
Have to say though, I'm quite surprised that it is the first the only one JSQ series (I think) right now that got translate into Thai, despite of the fact I can named only about 10 Thai manga community that is still providing online manga translations into Thai, mostly only of popular series >_<")
And I did noticed that many of manga in JSQ are tied to some other media as well. (add Rosario & Vampire II in though most of the ties, like anime and games, are from the first season >_<") . . . just curious now, who actually follow the other media as well as the manga? I did ask this before in ToI thread, no one answered (assuming that not very many in here actually played ToI @_@ ). But I'm curious about other ones as well. ^_^"