Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 179 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

im.me

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2018
Messages
191
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
United States
well this manga certainly doesn't put any punches away, rip Genya.
 

KimCorrea

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2016
Messages
740
Reaction score
815
Age
40
Country
Brazil
What is "Supreme Territory"?
I think it's the see through world? At least akaza said like that, calling it anatta.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,553
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I thought that the 5 senses(Tanjiro, Kanao, Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Genya) were going to be protected by plot armor. I mean when I look at other anime's main crew they tend to always survive the worst. Naruto main 3 and Fairy tail main 5 were great examples of some group of characters that have plot armor on them so you highly doubt that they would die.
Jojo part 3 and part 5 are laughing

Howewr, I didn't consider Genya one of a main cast.

I think Giyu will die next. Two water breathers together isnt a coincidence. One will die and the other one will be his successor.
I don't think there will be other successors, since once Muzan died demons should cease to exist, so even demon slayers wouldn't make sense to exist ....
 

everythingnice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2019
Messages
528
Reaction score
808
Gender
Female
Country
Fairy Tail
Seeing the Korean raws made me cry.
 

Taska

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2016
Messages
94
Reaction score
137
Age
29
Country
Australia
I'm kinda sad, that Kokushibo didn't get his after death talk, even Douma got one, and he definitely didn't deserved one.
Seems like he lived alone and died alone, huh
 

im.me

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2018
Messages
191
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
United States
Does anyone else think that Tanjiro's six sense ability to see dead people will came in to play again?
 

soushiee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 17, 2019
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Age
27
Country
Germany
It'd be fun of genyas other half is regenerating right now but.... I don't think it's that likely an scenario. Genya was cut in two but the half sanemi is holding is definitely the one that had most of genya's body. And the one that fired at kokushibi. Granted that we never saw the other half, it seemed to fall in an entirely different placed after being cut.
Just took a look on the complete raws and yeah, you're right. I assumed Genya was cut in half vertically with both halves being symmetrical but that does not seem to be the case, as you've also implied. So Genya really seems to bite the dust. Crazy.

I always thought the new generation will survive somehow. Now I think we're lucky that Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke still have all their limbs lol.
 

Ikahel

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2011
Messages
233
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Sorry for Genya, but I think losing 2 people for defeating 1st upper moon isnt a big price. I'm wondering what will be with his soul, 'coz its seem that he died like a demon.
 

iamnightwing

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2019
Messages
98
Reaction score
193
Age
42
Country
Philippines
The Genya panel is reminding me of that particular scene in Infinity War when I first saw it in theater 2 years ago... That had me speechless for hours and seeing this is making me experience that all over again...
 

KimCorrea

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2016
Messages
740
Reaction score
815
Age
40
Country
Brazil
Maybe she will kill everyone by the end of the series?! I mean everyone besides love and snake pillars are injured.
They still got muzan to beat and if he is killed, whats the point of the demons Corp?
That would be a nice realistic end, with only nezuko surviving.
 

Laminariales

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2017
Messages
393
Reaction score
395
Gender
Female
Country
Akatsuki
Gyomei you sturdy rock teach sanemi namu namu
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,553
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Maybe she will kill everyone by the end of the series?! I mean everyone besides love and snake pillars are injured.
They still got muzan to beat and if he is killed, whats the point of the demons Corp?
That would be a nice realistic end, with only nezuko surviving.
It would be too exaggerated honestly.

In my opinion at least the protagonists and two pillars will all be saved. Genya of the new guard was the most expendable one since he hadn't done much so far.

Then seeing that once Muzan is defeated the demons should stop existing (I think) I doubt there will still be need for the demon killers in the future, so it makes sense that the body is dismantled, but it can be done even without making a killing.
 

Ace

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2016
Messages
180
Reaction score
283
Age
35
Country
Canada
Jojo part 3 and part 5 are laughing

Howewr, I didn't consider Genya one of a main cast.


I don't think there will be other successors, since once Muzan died demons should cease to exist, so even demon slayers wouldn't make sense to exist ....
True I guess out of all the main 5, Genya was the weakest and least likely to survive out of all the 5. I would think He would come to have a role, but at the end, it wouldn't make sense for him to be alive at the end of the series. The only sense I HOPE doesn't die and will most likely be protected by plot armor is Kanao. I guess maybe since she supposed to be Tanjiro's future wife but still If they end up killing Kanao, Its confirmation that we'll most likely have ANOTHER kinky brother-sister relationship by the end of the series.
It would be too exaggerated honestly.

In my opinion at least the protagonists and two pillars will all be saved. Genya of the new guard was the most expendable one since he hadn't done much so far.

Then seeing that once Muzan is defeated the demons should stop existing (I think) I doubt there will still be need for the demon killers in the future, so it makes sense that the body is dismantled, but it can be done even without making a killing.
Well If I wanted to two pillars to survive it would be Mitsuri and Giyuu, I don't care much about the rest and if those two die in the next coming fights... That pretty much all the fan favorites pillars gone. I hate the snake pillar so if he DOES end up dying I'll be laughing more then I'll be crying. Then again If I knew some back story on him I'll feel a bit more sympathetic towards him, but if mitsuri dies that probably gonna hurt the most for me.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,553
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Then again If I knew some back story on him I'll feel a bit more sympathetic towards him, but if mitsuri dies that probably gonna hurt the most for me.
Mitsuri narratively speaking has yet to complete her dream of getting married, so I don't think she will die.
 

Ace

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2016
Messages
180
Reaction score
283
Age
35
Country
Canada
Mitsuri narratively speaking has yet to complete her dream of getting married, so I don't think she will die.
Well, Kocho wanted revenge and died, I don't really know what moichiro main goal was in life for him but he's gone too. So I guess out of all the pillars Mitsuri MIGHT have the best chance on surviving.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,553
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Well, Kocho wanted revenge and died,
Well she had it eventually not? Postmortem, but still contributed ....
 

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
True I guess out of all the main 5, Genya was the weakest and least likely to survive out of all the 5. I would think He would come to have a role, but at the end, it wouldn't make sense for him to be alive at the end of the series. The only sense I HOPE doesn't die and will most likely be protected by plot armor is Kanao. I guess maybe since she supposed to be Tanjiro's future wife but still If they end up killing Kanao, Its confirmation that we'll most likely have ANOTHER kinky brother-sister relationship by the end of the series.


Well If I wanted to two pillars to survive it would be Mitsuri and Giyuu, I don't care much about the rest and if those two die in the next coming fights... That pretty much all the fan favorites pillars gone. I hate the snake pillar so if he DOES end up dying I'll be laughing more then I'll be crying. Then again If I knew some back story on him I'll feel a bit more sympathetic towards him, but if mitsuri dies that probably gonna hurt the most for me.
Lol I disagree even If Kanao dies. Doesn t mean Tanjiro x Nezuko Will happen. Tanjiro have zero romantic interest on his sister. No offense that whole lot of hogwash.
 

Ace

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2016
Messages
180
Reaction score
283
Age
35
Country
Canada
Lol I disagree even If Kanao dies. Doesn t mean Tanjiro x Nezuko Will happen. Tanjiro have zero romantic interest on his sister
Well, maybe it's a bit premature for me to really jump to conclusions like that but I do hope I'm wrong. I think Kanao by the end of this is most likely going to go blind tho, Since I highly doubt that she done using that technique.
 

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
Well, maybe it's a bit premature for me to really jump to conclusions like that but I do hope I'm wrong. I think Kanao by the end of this is most likely going to go blind tho, Since I highly doubt that she done using that technique.
Well that what I am not disagreeing about.After Genya and Tokitou die. I say anyone can die maybe except Nezuko and Tengen Because they aren t in battle. But Nezuko x Tanjiro? Thats out of character and destroy both Tanjiro x Nezuko character. I rather have zenitsu x Nezuko than Tanjiro x Nezuko. Plus I say anyone can die in this series even perhaps Tanjiro.

No one is safe creator seems hold no mercy on killing major character. Kanao can go blind like you said or get kill or survive.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,553
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
The death of Kanao narratively speaking would make little sense, the two older sisters have already died, why make her die too?
 
Top