Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 184 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Sato-san

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2019
Messages
74
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think it when he cut his eye perhaps?
Oh yeah, I forgot that happened. Thank you.

Edit: Since Muzan said his blood that he used works like poison, all Tanjirou needs is for Nezuko to come through.

Besides from that, the only thing that could possibly save him now is The Dance of The Fire God if what I’m about to say is true. If his blood works like a poison, then that means it degrades in heat. Due to that, maybe using a form of breathing related to fire or heat would counteract the effect of his blood. It’s kinda funny how after getting hit by Muzan he hasn’t done any of his breaths. Maybe that’s because Muzan doesn’t want Tanjirou to get a moment to start to counteract the poison, so he’s been focusing on him a little more. It would explain why Giyuu was capable of so easily being able to save Tanjirou those times.
 
Last edited:

Ace

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2016
Messages
180
Reaction score
283
Age
35
Country
Canada
Huh.......
So if Tanjiro is "Dead" I wonder if the crow is going to announce it to the rest of the demon slayers, we saw Giyuu reaction, But I kinda wanna see what Inosuke, Zenutsu and especially Kanao reaction.

On a side note, I was kinda telling to myself if Tanjiro really is dead then Kanao might be the biggest loser in the series, I mean for real, she would have lost everything if this would stand
Two Sisters: Dead
Parents: Gone
Lover: Dead
Eyes: Might be gone if she uses her technique again

Big OOF for Kanao. :scry
 

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
Huh.......
So if Tanjiro is "Dead" I wonder if the crow is going to announce it to the rest of the demon slayers, we saw Giyuu reaction, But I kinda wanna see what Inosuke, Zenutsu and especially Kanao reaction.

On a side note, I was kinda telling to myself if Tanjiro really is dead then Kanao might be the biggest loser in the series, I mean for real, she would have lost everything if this would stand
Two Sisters: Dead
Parents: Gone
Lover: Dead
Eyes: Might be gone if she uses her technique again

Big OOF for Kanao. :scry
Pretty sure Tanjiro isn t dead
 

Taska

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2016
Messages
94
Reaction score
137
Age
29
Country
Australia
Pretty sure Tanjiro isn t dead
Well, he is definitely not dead yet, but tbh I have no idea what will happen next. To many possibilities and I don't really like any of them :(
 

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
Well, he is definitely not dead yet, but tbh I have no idea what will happen next. To many possibilities and I don't really like any of them :(
i am thinking Yoriichi tsugikuni spirit will appear or Tanjiro might have dream about him and Sumiyoshi. This his chance to master dotg 12 and 13 form. Or possibly breath of the sun

What you think. This might explain why Yoriichi didn t appear in afterlife accompaining Kokushibo.
 

Laminariales

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2017
Messages
393
Reaction score
395
Gender
Female
Country
Akatsuki
Cool three pillars attack, The devestation from the meat shield... Tanjirou holding the dead slayer was emotional and...Bring nezuko, although if tamayo medicine worked she can't do much not even save him, he's probably resistant though just to moreso piss off muzan

If we're to take Kokushibou words that himejima and sanemi are the peak, these three are dead. bring the red swords gang, fast. One of them also have only an hour and a half left....

I can't seam to visualize the kamaboko plus kanao fighting muzan, mess them though
 

Cycnea

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2017
Messages
88
Reaction score
377
Age
32
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Last chapter (183) discussion about buying time and prolong the fight until daybreak made me think that maybe, maybe the 13th form of DotFG is related to a single detail about the DotFG that passed down in Kamado family: that it's a dance performed by repeating its 12 forms nonstop from sunset until sunrise. Like, the unknown 13th form is a special, additional form that needs to be unlocked by performing a complete set of DotFG all night, or something like that. That could somewhat explain why it didn't get passed down in the family. I wished that to happen instead of the usual "power-up after a flashback/vision/dream/inherited memory". Would be nice to see Tanjirou learning something all by himself instead of being shown by others for once.

Though, looking at his current condition, that would seem improbable, so there goes my theory.

Of course there's no way Tanjirou would be gone for good now, otherwise Croc-sensei introducing the 13th form of DotFG to the story wouldn't make any sense. That said, while not already dead, he might be actually dying. Muzan's blood had infected him for quite a while and the bloated flesh in his right eye sure looks painful.

Nezuko coming to save him now would be unlikely imo, not only because she's currently struggling with the cure in a place that presumably far away from the battle, but also because bringing her near Muzan would be a terrible idea. (though, in this arc she hasn't gotten into the spotlight. She needs to get some relevance. I wonder when.)

And even if in his near-death state Tanjirou somehow learns about the 13th form, it's not like it would help him fight the poison unless the 13th form is related to Nezuko's poison-burning technique or self-healing.

So, the other way I can think of for Tanjirou to survive this is to become a demon, which I thought unlikely at first;
The official translation gave me the impression that there are 2 types of Muzan's blood; one is for demonification, the other one is to turn his victim into a big dead mess of goo, which would mean Tanjirou got infected with the goo potion and wouldn't get turned into a demon. But seems like I was wrong about that :facepalm. The original wording makes me inclined towards /a/nonymous' translation, that it's just Muzan's blood, except in large dose which makes it lethal. If so, then it would makes sense for Tanjirou to become a demon despite Muzan said that he won't, considering that the lethality of the poison probably got lessened thanks to Tamayo's drug and the possibility of Tanjirou being partly resistant to demon blood.

If he does get turned into a demon though, imagine his desperate struggle to resist the urge to eat his dead allies. And that assuming he could regain his consciousness at all. And that assuming he could somehow break free from Muzan's curse in a short time so Muzan can't insta-kill him like he killed Nakime.

Either way, I can't see a pretty way out of this. Though if becoming a demon means his eye can be healed, I guess I can live with that.

=====

Now I wonder about how Himejima and Sanemi are doing. We have some snippets about Zenitsu and the others' whereabouts but we haven't seen anything about those two since they defeated Kokushibou, have we?
 

DJBlitzkrieg

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2017
Messages
129
Reaction score
74
Country
Venezuela
It's not poison, Muzan just injected a big amount of blood into Tanjirou causing it to have an effect similar to poison, VIZ's translation made it seem like Muzan was capable of changing the properties of his blood but the raw stated that Tanjirou would die because it's just "Too much blood".
 
Last edited:

Sato-san

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2019
Messages
74
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's not poison, Muzan just injected a big amount of blood into Tanjirou causing it to have an effect similar to poison, VIZ's translation made it seem like Muzan was capable of changing the properties of his blood but the raw stated that Tanjirou would die because it's just "Too much blood".
But...he didn’t infuse a lot of blood. If so, we would have seen more blood trails as he swings his body parts around. I would say that he can change the properties of his blood. Because the only time we saw him cause cell destruction like this was with the woman in the alley. And he gave her more blood than what was in his attack I’m going to assume. Plus, he can choose to kill demons at any time as he did so with Nakime and the other lower moons. In order to do that, one would need to be able to change the properties of their blood at a moments whim.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

First off, you have 0 idea how many seconds he healed his head. Also, even if it was 2 seconds, he healed his neck as fast as a pillar can slash his neck. That’s like .1 seconds.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Full Raw is Out!!!


Holy fuck Muzan is getting dangerous. Oh and why is Giyuu using that stupid broken sword when he there’s dozens of normal ones laying around
Took a while to find the chapter.


Page 5

Right there, Gyoumei took his head off. He also isn’t far. Note his right arm being in front of him as he’s running to where Muzan is.

Page 7

Note that by page 7 he already had a fully stabilized head. Once again, note Gyoumei’s position. He isn’t far from where Muzan is. At max, he took 3 strides. And that’s me stretching it. It looks more like just one. But let’s go with the safe bet of 2. In the time it took for Gyoumei to make 2 strides while running towards Muzan, his whole entire head which had been popped off regenerated. I think me saying 2 seconds is a gross overestimation since that’s about half the time it takes an athletic person to run a 40 meter dash. Most get it done in the high 4’s or low 5’s. People also take much more than 2 strides when running a 40 meter dash.

Once again, though. Sorry about not responding immediately. It’s been about 9 years since I’ve had to prove my point on a manga forum. Plus, I don’t have a lot of time now a days nor do I remember chapters as vividly as I once used to.
 

DJBlitzkrieg

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2017
Messages
129
Reaction score
74
Country
Venezuela
But...he didn’t infuse a lot of blood. If so, we would have seen more blood trails as he swings his body parts around. I would say that he can change the properties of his blood. Because the only time we saw him cause cell destruction like this was with the woman in the alley. And he gave her more blood than what was in his attack I’m going to assume. Plus, he can choose to kill demons at any time as he did so with Nakime and the other lower moons. In order to do that, one would need to be able to change the properties of their blood at a moments whim.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Took a while to find the chapter.


Page 5

Right there, Gyoumei took his head off. He also isn’t far. Note his right arm being in front of him as he’s running to where Muzan is.

Page 7

Note that by page 7 he already had a fully stabilized head. Once again, note Gyoumei’s position. He isn’t far from where Muzan is. At max, he took 3 strides. And that’s me stretching it. It looks more like just one. But let’s go with the safe bet of 2. In the time it took for Gyoumei to make 2 strides while running towards Muzan, his whole entire head which had been popped off regenerated. I think me saying 2 seconds is a gross overestimation since that’s about half the time it takes an athletic person to run a 40 meter dash. Most get it done in the high 4’s or low 5’s. People also take much more than 2 strides when running a 40 meter dash.

Once again, though. Sorry about not responding immediately. It’s been about 9 years since I’ve had to prove my point on a manga forum. Plus, I don’t have a lot of time now a days nor do I remember chapters as vividly as I once used to.


The woman in asakusa died because it was more blood than what she could withstand, Muzan expects Tanjirou to die the same way.
 
Top