Info - Konomi on Twitter (Contains Spoilers) | Page 32 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info Konomi on Twitter (Contains Spoilers)

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Konomi got himself a twitter account: https://twitter.com/konomi_takeshi

Discuss his tweets in this thread.

It seems like he will occasionally post some pages of upcoming chapters as well. It's fine to discuss those here, but the 24 hour spoiler rule applies. In other words, don't talk about those tweets outside of this thread until 24 hours after they've been posted.

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I was right about Gin/Duke being in doubles 1 :P

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm expecting a speed player -and we haven't seen one in a while- so that the Swiss' coverage looks as good as Japan's, and a more offensive player to support this.
You know, on second thought, I think I disagree after all. One consistent pattern in both the Greece and Australia matches was that one pair was capable of using G10 level techniques. If we have a reference to 1st year Byoudouin here, couldn't this pair satisfy continue this pattern? Now I'm not suggesting that he'll have a twin brother who also looks like Byoudouin, but what if his partner was another one of the current G10 who we saw as a 1st year? Both Duke and Oni seem like candidates here, although I reckon Duke is the more likely one since he actually underwent a design change during that time whereas Oni essentially stayed the same.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
One other thing that I'm curious to see about Ohmagari is how their respective attitudes will come up. For instance, Ohmagari is basically an elitist whereas Kite is more of a challenger type, what with wanting to show off Okinawa's strength. So I wonder if there might be a point at which Kite improves Ohmagari's mental state because of that.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
If Konomi wants to portray how strong the Swiss team is, they should beat Japan 3-2 or win the first two doubles. I do think that they will use their strongest team, so Japan will lose 2-0 at first, since they haven't lost a single match since the Group League started. I'm not saying they will slaughter Japan in Doubles or that Japan will lose badly (which would be good I think), but as they are the No.2 team of the world with even more potential than Germany, I really doubt they'll start out losing.

Any thoughts on how strong Gin 216th Style Hadoukyuu is or what his current level of power stands at? I'd even his new styles can be stronger than Duke Homerun at least.

Looking foward to how strong both Ohmagari/Kite's opponents and the Swiss Msers will be, or even if we'll get to see a prodigy in their team like Ryoma and Kintarou.

Friss

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It should be of note the Duke/Gin post was tweeted before the Ohmagari/Kite one so I don't think that means Duke/Gin are in Doubles 1 ;)

I'm curious to see what happens here since it looks like these will be short matches if we are seeing both doubles pairs.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
LetalHawk: I think Swiss will win D2 but lose D1 (or whenever Duke/Gin plays). Singles 3 will be for Akutsu to shine BUT I think Amadeus might play in singles 3 to ensure victory but because they didn't foresee losing one match, It will reach singles 2. Whether Irie plays serious, I have no idea.

Friss: It does look like Omagari/Kite are on court first though.

Friss

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Konomi also just posted those same images but colorized if anyone is interested.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
OH SHIT GO AKUTSU

He got super fast apparently.

Also random Sengoku is always welcome.
There's a panel remarking his hand, you think that's just random, Kaoz?

Edit:
IndigoSkies-Today at 11:33 AM

"his last battle...

especially since he used 最期 which is more 'last before death'"

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm looking forward to Akutsu becoming the first person dying from tennis.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
What's being said? Or is it just them talking about Akutsu speed?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
There's a panel remarking his hand, you think that's just random, Kaoz?
Can't really tell, it might just lead into the next page or something. It seems to be his left hand from the looks of it, so unless he became ambidextrous I don't think it'll be particularly relevant.

IndigoSkies-Today at 11:33 AM

"his last battle...

especially since he used 最期 which is more 'last before death'"
I'll believe it if it actually happens. Watch him continue with "Akutsu's rebirth" or something.

What's being said? Or is it just them talking about Akutsu speed?
"normal audience reactions
nothing important"

...is what Sai said.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Can't really tell, it might just lead into the next page or something. It seems to be his left hand from the looks of it, so unless he became ambidextrous I don't think it'll be particularly relevant.
Ah, true. Dunno, just thought maybe he was doing something with it -like, idk, getting some impulse for more acceleration, or that air shot from the London movie.

"normal audience reactions
nothing important"

...is what Sai said.
Man until you mentioned Sai I thought Konomi really wrote that :lmao

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ah, true. Dunno, just thought maybe he was doing something with it -like, idk, getting some impulse for more acceleration, or that air shot from the London movie.
Hm maybe I guess? Instead of acceleration, maybe more in the sense of increasing the rate at which he rotates around his own axis or something (which would still be acceleration I suppose, but to make sure we're on the same page)? That's something he did before, so if he does that faster now maybe it increases his speed and/or shot power.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Do you think Akutsu will win at least one game or lose 6-0?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Do you think Akutsu will win at least one game or lose 6-0?
He'll win a couple I reckon. No point putting him against a pro, in singles no less, if not to give him a substantial power-up.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
He'll win a couple I reckon. No point putting him against a pro, in singles no less, if not to give him a substantial power-up.
Think that power up will make him Japan strongest MS? Outside of Tezuka, Ryoma and Kin of course.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Think that power up will make him Japan strongest MS? Outside of Tezuka, Ryoma and Kin of course.
Tough call. I don't think he'll be stronger than Yukimura either, but I wouldn't be surprised if he caught up to Sanada, Fuji and Atobe. All three of them have some extraordinary special moves by this point, so depending on what he gets, Akutsu joining that club seems the most likely to me.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Akutsu will pull a Fuji and lose 6-0 while almost scoring a point and sustain some kind of career ending injury and/or die, but some random commenter will say this is an incredible game and he's surpassed all the MSers including Ryoma for almost scoring a point, and that if he didn't die he was totally going to win that game for Japan.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Volume 21 will be released on August 4.

The cover will feature Ryoma and Kintarou. This is the first time multiple characters share a cover in all of NPoT - wonder if it's gonna be the pattern from now on.
And here it is in color:

--- Double Post Merged, ---
So if I'm reading this right we're getting both the magazine cover and a color page next month.