Info - Konomi on Twitter (Contains Spoilers) | Page 47 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info Konomi on Twitter (Contains Spoilers)

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Konomi got himself a twitter account: https://twitter.com/konomi_takeshi

Discuss his tweets in this thread.

It seems like he will occasionally post some pages of upcoming chapters as well. It's fine to discuss those here, but the 24 hour spoiler rule applies. In other words, don't talk about those tweets outside of this thread until 24 hours after they've been posted.

Jyten

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I rate Irie lower than Yukimura. Irie's power and stamina are pretty suspect against stronger opponents. Irie might do well against Yuki directly but against other opponents like Kazuya/Oni/Duke/Tanegashima/Zeus/Volk/ect. Yuki's results are probably better.

Yuki doesn't have any obvious weak points. Irie's 7 in mental covers a lot of his weak points. Against higher tier players, Irie's screwed.

GoF was a really fun watch. But not canon. Otherwise, Tezuka can kill dinosaurs. And Ryoma is already stronger than Ryoga.

Regarding Ryoga, he's only #4. But I bet that Ryoga could 6-1 or 6-0 Byōdōin/Volk/all HS/MS right now. I highly doubt he's actually tried yet in any of his matches yet. So, I wouldn't put much weight into the #'s either. I think only Byōdōin's #1 really matters. It's hard to say for sure how to order Oni/Kazuya/Duke/Tanegashima. But I think everyone puts Irie below them.

Beating Kaji means almost nothing. I think Konomi hates fast characters (Kaji's the fastest). Is Kaji stronger than Ochi, Yuki, Ryoma, Kintarou, Akutsu, Atobe, Sanada, ect? Atm, fastest MS is Shiraishi with star bible (7)? Kenya or devil Akaya at 5?

To the point though, EoS Atobe could be on par or higher than EoS Yuki depending on what upgrades Atobe gets. Right now, I put him at the same level as Sanada. I don't see Atobe beating Kintarou/Akutsu/current Ryoma/Yuki yet. Sanada still beats Atobe as well. So, I put him at the bottom of this tier for now. I thought GoF happened before U-17 but I have no idea. If GoF is after than he's on Yuki's tier but beneath him.

@Kaoz we might need a mod just to make sure everything stays civil lol. This remains one of the most civil forums out there.

Old man point below...

The way I watch Pot/nPot is that all special abilities are somewhat grounded in reality but not actual reality. Only things that are scientifically measured like serve speed are actually real. I believe as readers we're intended to see the game through the eyes of children. So, nearly everything in Pot/nPot is more fantasy rather than reality. I expect top tier pros (1-5) to pretty much body everyone without doing anything "special". And suddenly all their "unbreakable" abilities seem useless. But that's what makes it interesting. Example, Kazuya is not opening a real black hole. If Kazuya is opening an actual black hole then Tezuka's shot actually went back in time and killed dino's.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Most Japan coach are crap at picking though. Just the facts that MS losers can beat 12-19 is pretty telling. And that's not to mention if the stronger higher tier one actually play.

I'm not even talking about one with unconfirmed upgrade like Tachibana/Chitose. Maybe those 2 are still court 3 levels. Who knows?

But not picking the confirmed upgrade one like Sanada/Akutsu/Echizen/Niou/Atobe is a crime. And then there's people like Oishi who done well enough in his match and proceed to win his U-17 match too.
Kinda confused here, who did the coaches pick wrong?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I rate Irie lower than Yukimura. Irie's power and stamina are pretty suspect against stronger opponents. Irie might do well against Yuki directly but against other opponents like Kazuya/Oni/Duke/Tanegashima/Zeus/Volk/ect. Yuki's results are probably better.

Yuki doesn't have any obvious weak points. Irie's 7 in mental covers a lot of his weak points. Against higher tier players, Irie's screwed.

GoF was a really fun watch. But not canon. Otherwise, Tezuka can kill dinosaurs. And Ryoma is already stronger than Ryoga.

Regarding Ryoga, he's only #4. But I bet that Ryoga could 6-1 or 6-0 Byōdōin/Volk/all HS/MS right now. I highly doubt he's actually tried yet in any of his matches yet. So, I wouldn't put much weight into the #'s either. I think only Byōdōin's #1 really matters. It's hard to say for sure how to order Oni/Kazuya/Duke/Tanegashima. But I think everyone puts Irie below them.

Beating Kaji means almost nothing. I think Konomi hates fast characters (Kaji's the fastest). Is Kaji stronger than Ochi, Yuki, Ryoma, Kintarou, Akutsu, Atobe, Sanada, ect? Atm, fastest MS is Shiraishi with star bible (7)? Kenya or devil Akaya at 5?

To the point though, EoS Atobe could be on par or higher than EoS Yuki depending on what upgrades Atobe gets. Right now, I put him at the same level as Sanada. I don't see Atobe beating Kintarou/Akutsu/current Ryoma/Yuki yet. Sanada still beats Atobe as well. So, I put him at the bottom of this tier for now. I thought GoF happened before U-17 but I have no idea. If GoF is after than he's on Yuki's tier but beneath him.

@Kaoz we might need a mod just to make sure everything stays civil lol. This remains one of the most civil forums out there.

Old man point below...

The way I watch Pot/nPot is that all special abilities are somewhat grounded in reality but not actual reality. Only things that are scientifically measured like serve speed are actually real. I believe as readers we're intended to see the game through the eyes of children. So, nearly everything in Pot/nPot is more fantasy rather than reality. I expect top tier pros (1-5) to pretty much body everyone without doing anything "special". And suddenly all their "unbreakable" abilities seem useless. But that's what makes it interesting. Example, Kazuya is not opening a real black hole. If Kazuya is opening an actual black hole then Tezuka's shot actually went back in time and killed dino's.
Counter point, Irie's highest peak is higher than Yukimura's which lets him beat opponents Yukimura would stand no chance against. That's the whole point of Star Bible.

Numbers do matter, but there's clear exceptions yes. That said, it's not Kaji's fault that he played Oni and Irie, lol. I reckon he's as good as Kimijima who was keeping his serve playing basically alone against two players with 30 total.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I think the TNK users and "extreme speed tennis" Kirihara are among the fastest, and they do fine imo.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Really am looking forward to a serious Irie. Atobe probably gonna make him really go all out. Wonder what techniques he has?

Jyten

Reaction score
Country
United States
Counter point, Irie's highest peak is higher than Yukimura's which lets him beat opponents Yukimura would stand no chance against. That's the whole point of Star Bible.

Numbers do matter, but there's clear exceptions yes. That said, it's not Kaji's fault that he played Oni and Irie, lol. I reckon he's as good as Kimijima who was keeping his serve playing basically alone against two players with 30 total.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I think the TNK users and "extreme speed tennis" Kirihara are among the fastest, and they do fine imo.
What opponents do you think Irie can beat that Yukimura cannot? I don't know of any. Also, I don't think Shiraishi can maintain a 7 in any stat for very long. I was under the impression it was for like a couple of minutes. Which doesn't really make sense for things like stamina. I view stats as a general baseline rather than an upper limit. Sad we don't really have updated U-17 stats.

I don't count TNK users as "super fast" tennis players. TNK players have insane speed, power and stamina. So, they aren't really winning due to their speed.

Kirihara kinda (not sure what his angel fused devil mode stats are)? I more count people like Kenya, Kaji, Kikumaru, basically anyone that is know for their speed. But there aren't many. Akutsu might be the current "fastest" MS player with his duplicate movements.

Kimijima played solo against Kite/Marui? Or was it someone else? HS power level seems to be all over the place. Is Kaji stronger than Ochi, Omagari, Akutsu, Kintarou, Yukimura? Where does Kaji really land? Where does Kimijima?

We need an updated tier list. At least for just Japan players as we have the most data for them.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
What opponents do you think Irie can beat that Yukimura cannot? I don't know of any. Also, I don't think Shiraishi can maintain a 7 in any stat for very long. I was under the impression it was for like a couple of minutes. Which doesn't really make sense for things like stamina. I view stats as a general baseline rather than an upper limit. Sad we don't really have updated U-17 stats.

I don't count TNK users as "super fast" tennis players. TNK players have insane speed, power and stamina. So, they aren't really winning due to their speed.

Kirihara kinda (not sure what his angel fused devil mode stats are)? I more count people like Kenya, Kaji, Kikumaru, basically anyone that is know for their speed. But there aren't many. Akutsu might be the current "fastest" MS player with his duplicate movements.

Kimijima played solo against Kite/Marui? Or was it someone else? HS power level seems to be all over the place. Is Kaji stronger than Ochi, Omagari, Akutsu, Kintarou, Yukimura? Where does Kaji really land? Where does Kimijima?

We need an updated tier list. At least for just Japan players as we have the most data for them.
I mean it's not really fair because we have seen nothing of Irie, but I reckon he can get a set from Tezuka at the very least.

Shiraishi has pretty much a movable 7, I don't think there's really a time limit for it.

The stats we have for the HSers are kinda final, I think. Maybe they gained a point here and there but I don't expect a lot of changes (maybe Ochi or Irie have better numbers).

Oh you mean players that rely just on speed? I mean that's kinda weird because no player that 100% relies on a single stat usually does well. That said we know Oni and Byo were "hiding" 10s so maybe a 10 in speed is coming. But it's really hard to argue against extreme speed play Kirihara, and he was pretty much even (...for a set) against a TNK user.

Kimijima vs France.

I have something like

Byoudouin
Oni^
Tanegashima
Irie?^
Duke
Tokugawa (soon to improve)
Ochi?^
-Gap
Kaji
Ohmagari
Kimijima
Tohno
Mouri
Etc

^Above their number
? We haven't seen enough

So the order is pretty much ok to me with exceptions (that we've known of since the first chapters, except for Ochi).

The msers you mentioned are around the gap, in my eyes.

Jyten

Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean it's not really fair because we have seen nothing of Irie, but I reckon he can get a set from Tezuka at the very least.

Shiraishi has pretty much a movable 7, I don't think there's really a time limit for it.

The stats we have for the HSers are kinda final, I think. Maybe they gained a point here and there but I don't expect a lot of changes (maybe Ochi or Irie have better numbers).

Oh you mean players that rely just on speed? I mean that's kinda weird because no player that 100% relies on a single stat usually does well. That said we know Oni and Byo were "hiding" 10s so maybe a 10 in speed is coming. But it's really hard to argue against extreme speed play Kirihara, and he was pretty much even (...for a set) against a TNK user.

Kimijima vs France.

I have something like

Byoudouin
Oni^
Tanegashima
Irie?^
Duke
Tokugawa (soon to improve)
Ochi?^
-Gap
Kaji
Ohmagari
Kimijima
Tohno
Mouri
Etc

^Above their number
? We haven't seen enough

So the order is pretty much ok to me with exceptions (that we've known of since the first chapters, except for Ochi).

The msers you mentioned are around the gap, in my eyes.
I'm going to take your line up and put it in a new thread so we can discuss there.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Irie stats are probably lie knowing him. I mean a 2 in statima yet had a insane tie break against Atobe.

Irie stats are probably lie knowing him. I mean a 2 in statima yet had a insane tie break against Atobe.

Friss

Reaction score
Country
United States

Fuji Ryoma match to be settled in the rain in the next set of chapters.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
So next month is the end of the match, coincidentally this time is raining but they will continue playing, hope they don’t slip or get injured. I’m fairly sure Ryoma will come out on top, if the three chapters are focused on their match I expect Konomi to deliver great chapters next month.

Date is the umpire of the match lol, didn’t see it coming.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
So is this batch just gonna be Ryoma vs Fuji?

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
So is this batch just gonna be Ryoma vs Fuji?
It seems like it, probably all three chapters will be confused on their match (and the conclusion), if anything we might get a few scenes of other match.

I think next month Konomi will focus on Atobe vs Irie, however if it’s raining will the rest of the matches conclude too?

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
It seems like it, probably all three chapters will be confused on their match (and the conclusion), if anything we might get a few scenes of other match.

I think next month Konomi will focus on Atobe vs Irie, however if it’s raining will the rest of the matches conclude too?
Man Konomi keeps cock blocking me with Atobe power up.

Last edited:

Shogun Ryoma

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow, the finale is coming this quick!
Fuji has a upperhand now, how will ryoma counter him?

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Ryoma and Fuji is an exciting match.

But based on what I saw from Tokugawa VS Duke. I think currently, The Hsers are still slightly above their level.

Except if Ryoma and Fuji will have an OP Powerup this next chapters of course.

Konomi really bring back the Rain back in POT.

Iirc, Fuji was leading 5-4 in POT before the rain stopped their match.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England

But based on what I saw from Tokugawa VS Duke. I think currently, The Hsers are still slightly above their level.

We already know that Yukimura and Sanada admitted that there not on thr genius 5 lvl. And that's before Duke reveal his Kijin and Tokugawa got a power up.

Adamska

Reaction score
Country
Iran
It looks like a tie break!
I wonder what's happening to the other matches!
nid to mention:
Kintaro still using TNK. I think TNK mechanism avoid other tech to be performed, until you deactivate it
D1: Germany vs Japan and S1: France vs Japan
Anyway: overall there are three canadiate for Howling (Irie/Fuji). (Ochi/Maure), (Ohmigari/Kintaro)

Ganonslayer101

Reaction score
Country
United States

It was 4-3 in Fuji's favor

It looks like a tie break!
I wonder what's happening to the other matches!
nid to mention:
Kintaro still using TNK. I think TNK mechanism avoid other tech to be performed, until you deactivate it
D1: Germany vs Japan and S1: France vs Japan
Anyway: overall there are three canadiate for Howling (Irie/Fuji). (Ochi/Maure), (Ohmigari/Kintaro)
Ryoma hit Samurai drive while in TnK and Oni uses Golden Jack Knife while in TnK

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Ryoma hit Samurai drive while in TnK and Oni uses Golden Jack Knife while in TnK
Fuji is leading 5-3. If anything, I expect Ryoma to catch up and we’ll either have a tiebreak or Ryoma wins 7-5.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Hopefully 2 full chapters of this match. And 1 chapter focused on the other matches ending showing us Atobe power up ready for next months batch of chapters.

Adamska

Reaction score
Country
Iran

My point is TNK is more fitting for single than double, look at Bismarck/Seig!
Right know Kintaro using TNK is more like Seig/Bism but with huge different, first he has no double experience and both of them don't have any combination only Ohmigari knows, cause he is been there for years. Unlike Yuk/Yana
However, this time we have Tane!
So, whether Kintaro drops his TNK, and may produce Howling or some combination or Ohmigari activate his TNK (Two TNK user as double)
or my idea about TNK is wrong and good luck Kintaro