Shounen - Kuroshitsuji (aka Black Butler) by Toboso Yana | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Kuroshitsuji (aka Black Butler) by Toboso Yana

Akiyama

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Kuroshitsuji (aka Black Butler) by Toboso Yana

Genre: Action, Comedy, Mystery, Supernatural
Serialized: G Fantasy
Summary and Preview:
To what extent must a housekeeper do things to be acceptable?
One of the noble families of England, Phantomhive's butler, Sebastian Michaels, has unquestionably perfect knowledge, manners, talent with materials, martial arts, etcetera: but is also able to serve a 12 year-old master.
Wearing a grey tailcoat, gracefully brewing the world's strongest black tea, please read on to see how such a perfect butler copes with such a master...
Scans

Sherlock Holmes

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I began reading it, and I love it.

http://www.onemanga.com/Kuroshitsuji/5/15/

"You don't need that sort of firepower to cook"
"DON'T SAY THINGS LIKE THAT! COOKING IS AN ART! AND ART MEANS EXPLOSIONS!"

Michael Bay, is that you?

Reactions: R4n

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have known about this series for a long time but started reading it today. As I began reading I realized I was already done with volume 1. Used the search function to find it's thread and was shocked it didn't even exist. I created this thread immediately, and now I want to check out the anime too. It's art is top notch, I have to go back to reading now.

Tanaka - "ho ho ho" , this makes me laugh every time. ^_^

kewl0210

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is a really good series. The anime is like 1/2 filler, but they're making a second one... which will probably just be the same thing with like the two other arc they finished/will have finished by then in the manga. It's pretty popular. At least it's the only good manga in GFantasy...

Jinoh

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Yen Press has licensed this under the name "Black Butler". I don't know about release dates yet. But I sure as hell am gonna start collecting this :D

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States
You can buy the first volume of Black Butler published by Yen Press on January 26, 2010, and you won't be the only one. :thumbs

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
It's already in book stores, my store put it on sale last week. I guess online stores get a strict lay down date, for manga terrestrial stores can sell whenever we get in stock. Early last week in Black Butlers case.

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States
Who else is loving the current arc? o/
It's the perfect who done it murder mystery you have at those parties except this time it's real. I'm completely clueless on who the murderer is and I only have my gut feeling telling me who I believe is the culprit. I miss Sebastian but it's nice to see how they deal with the current situation with the demon around. :amuse

Last edited:

Katea

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So since it has been licensed and put down by various manga host sites, does that mean that there will be no group Editing it anymore? In that case I guess I'll have to wait for a couple of years to finally read further into the story.. >_>'

Jaymie

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So since it has been licensed and put down by various manga host sites, does that mean that there will be no group Editing it anymore? In that case I guess I'll have to wait for a couple of years to finally read further into the story.. >_>'
Of course not. Just because cops arrest one drug dealer doesn't mean that the drugs aren't being grown anymore. There are plenty of Manga Editors out there, but publishers usually only go for the big ones to give off a clear warning to everyone else.

PiggyBank

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Of course not. Just because cops arrest one drug dealer doesn't mean that the drugs aren't being grown anymore. There are plenty of Manga Editors out there, but publishers usually only go for the big ones to give off a clear warning to everyone else.
I love the comparison.. After all we all know the universal truth: http://www.motivatedphotos.com/?id=14741

I hope we won't have to wait years to read the story. But it will probably require more patience, because the scans will appear later and it might take some searching online to get them. Let's just keep the zen attitude :om

And I'm really curious to see when Sebastian does his resurrection shtick. Or maybe he intends to stay dead until they solve the mystery...

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh yeah, this is going to be one hell of an arc. All because of one word, zombies! More blood and action from this series will be nice to see, it's always fun when there's an onslaught of killing zombies. No holding back and you can just kill them and any object can become a weapon.

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow, chapter 55 has soared above all my expectations. When I first looked at the high heel, I thought it was going to be our first female shinigami, I was sorta wrong. The biggest queen in manga returns! I even had to look up his name, Grell Sutcliff. The smile gave him away but it's going to be such a fun arc. I think he will have a rematch with Sebastian very soon!

Jaymie

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm happy about Grelle, but this arc itself is kind of blah. I think Toboso realized that as well, and that's why she threw in everybody's favorite character,and a blatant Titanic allegory.

Ryuzaki L

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
So...........there is a Kuroshitsuji thread on MH after all, anyone read this chapter? what do you think will happen to Ciel?

candy

Reaction score
Country
United States
maybe that little witch will help him?

MSofAofCOCA

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm trying to figure out how the "curse" works since not only was Ciel affected, but also Sebastian (a demon). Somehow I don't think a curse would work on a demon so I think it's some elaborate hallucination, spell or virus. But even so, the strength must be great to work on Sebastian too, unless he's loosing his powers or something. For the next chapter, I actually think Ciel and Sebastian may try to leave the forest/village without asking for help since they set this upon themselves, even though they were warned. But the virus was shown to kill quickly, right? So they have a short time limit to get this thing sorted out.

And, the boils/growth on their faces makes me think of radiation poisoning...

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
Reaction score
Country
United States
The contract is the only thing that links Ciel to Sebastian, represented by Ciel's eye. Sebastian had a delayed reaction, so I guess once the poisoning affected Ciel's eye then Sebastian started feeling it.

Look forward to seeing how this gets explained.

Also first time in a while that I've felt invested in this series!

PiggyBank

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
It's been a while since I followed this manga with interest - the school chapters were kind of meh. But I like the creepy Grimm brothers feeling to this chapter.

Now there's an interesting idea. Wonder how this could be worked into the story.

Ryuzaki L

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I'm trying to figure out how the "curse" works since not only was Ciel affected, but also Sebastian (a demon). Somehow I don't think a curse would work on a demon so I think it's some elaborate hallucination, spell or virus. But even so, the strength must be great to work on Sebastian too, unless he's loosing his powers or something. For the next chapter, I actually think Ciel and Sebastian may try to leave the forest/village without asking for help since they set this upon themselves, even though they were warned. But the virus was shown to kill quickly, right? So they have a short time limit to get this thing sorted out.

I'm not worried about Sebastian, the dude can survive almost anything. what worries me is how he got infected in the first place, and if his current "human" form is the reason, or a part of it at least.

---------- Post added February 19, 2014 at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was January 24, 2014 at 04:06 PM ----------

This is getting more interesting, Sebastian never cease to amaze me. I wonder if Sullivan recognized the Faustian seal or not :confused:

---------- Post added March 21, 2014 at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was February 19, 2014 at 07:25 AM ----------

Wasn't Finny kind of bald, when Ceil and Sebastian found him? or did it take him a long time to give him a name? Anyway, this chapter was a bit underwhelming.