Last person to Post Wins - MissingNo.

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Like the captain seat on the Enterprise :lmao
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
No captain seat for you, Beary?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I don't need that kind of thing for doing the business :nah
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
If you're sitting there to enjoy comfort your priorities aren't right
 

liductan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
854
Reaction score
3,074
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Exactly. People are weird.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Overwatch has such illogical people sometimes. Picks a Zenyatta to deal damage with, complains nobody supports him and switches to a Widow..
Then there's a guy who called one of our gold rank teammates an account buyer. Who would even buy a gold account?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Overwatch has such illogical people sometimes. Picks a Zenyatta to deal damage with, complains nobody supports him and switches to a Widow..
Then there's a guy who called one of our gold rank teammates an account buyer. Who would even buy a gold account?
Fuk u nub, sell your skin
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah, I bet it exists in OW too though. Not really the most logical thing ever. At least something like Dota or CSGO has the Steam Marketplace :nunoamaze
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
You can't sell skins in Overwatch right? Not even trash it for extra credits.
In Dota it would make sense but I've never heard it there, I guess spamming the "Well Played!" chat wheel option is just far more creative(and fulfilling) than stuff like that.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
No, there's no platform for that on Battle.net. There's an Auction House in WoW, but in-game items can only be sold for in-game currency. I guess most companies don't like bringing real money into the equation.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I don't really see why something like the Steam market would be bad for Blizzard games, especially Overwatch, and why they avoid it so. In Dota it even led to a big betting system of 3rd-parties that let you bet your hats on competitive teams, further boosting competitive play and the number of people watching it, which also resulted in the strong competitive scene it has.
Blizzard games are rather poor competitively. Starcraft 2 has died I think, heroes of the storm
, and Overwatch has quite an unrecognized and poor competitive scene as well.

But since all dupes are made into credits and not saved up they probably decided that they will never add trading to the game.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I don't really see why something like the Steam market would be bad for Blizzard games, especially Overwatch, and why they avoid it so. In Dota it even led to a big betting system of 3rd-parties that let you bet your hats on competitive teams, further boosting competitive play and the number of people watching it, which also resulted in the strong competitive scene it has.
Blizzard games are rather poor competitively. Starcraft 2 has died I think, heroes of the storm
, and Overwatch has quite an unrecognized and poor competitive scene as well.

But since all dupes are made into credits and not saved up they probably decided that they will never add trading to the game.
I think they just don't want to invest money into doing it, dunno. Blizzard tends to insist on being overly-proprietary when it comes to this kind of thing.

Well, the official Overwatch League will start in at some point this year, I think. Plus, Korean Apex has existed for a few seasons now. Remains to be seen whether that will translate the game's popularity in to eSports popularity though. I don't think it translates as well as other games.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not. I'm a different type of creature. :^_^
You have yourself to think so..
Sorry darling....you are a flesh bag like the rest of us.
 

liductan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
854
Reaction score
3,074
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I know what I am...weird. Trust me, ask charlie.
Anyway, it ain't that deep...c'mon Greg.
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
At least it's two blocks away. I'm looking for a Masters in graphic design at a good uni, but the programme it's during the day and I'll have to commute. Can't really combine it with work :emocat
 
Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,686
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Ah, here we have the Professional Master degrees for our cases >< and well, we usually stick to MBAs until we're able to be away of work to get other degrees. I also dunno where the hell I'll be in 2y to know if I could do it xD Gotta ask them if I could take some classes online in the future.
 
Top