Life - Life Changing Experiences | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Life Life Changing Experiences

erikrhys

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
ok, through out my life, i have had a number of life changing experiences.....seeing a kid fall off a ledge and die made me afraid of heights....getting caught doing drugs (as some of you have read) got me to stop doing drugs.....and there are others.....but i want to know if anyone else has had something happen, that completely changed their life.....so...yea....

FaL

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
seeing people die on cancer or suffer for hunger made my decision to study medicin

Runemage

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
1st year of secondary school (junior high) made me open up my eyes to the bigger picture that is our world (yea i was pretty sheltered :o) brought up issues of politics, media, war, drugs, death, crime and generally the big bad ugly world, took me about a year to get used to it all

Babii-Boo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My friend died because of a car accident, now it makes me scared sitting at the front of the car. =C

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Well, you shouldn't sit in front of a car, it's very dangerous. :XD just kidding, Boo. :D

erikrhys

Reaction score
Country
United States
^
what about you ichi? havent you had a life changing experience?

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Actually i do. I stop one of my bad habit, back in college, after 3 (three) near misses from getting hit by an express train.

miyi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I underwent surgery, of an illness I'd rather keep private. It made me realize how valuable life is, and how I should not take it for granted. It sounds so cliche and emo, but it's true.

erikrhys

Reaction score
Country
United States
^
It doesnt sound emo in the least. You just had what everone else here had.... a life changing experience.......so dont go thinkin' you are emo ^0^

starfall856

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
When my parents were divorced...
I believe that other people and events make us who we are today
I other words that event and the people I have met since then (stepparents, girlfriends/boyfriends) have made me into the crazy, weird, anger-filled (mostly toward my parents) person I am today

though I am very proud of the person I am right now, I would not wish that to happen to any child.

Last edited:

Babii-Boo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, you shouldn't sit in front of a car, it's very dangerous. :XD just kidding, Boo. :D
Heh! You know what I meant!!

Actually i do. I stop one of my bad habit, back in college, after 3 (three) near misses from getting hit by an express train.
Well, you shouldn't be walking on the railway in the first place. It's very dangerous. :)

OH yeah! Another 'life changing experience' was when I was about 11 years old >.< My parents had a divorce and started taking their anger out on their children (guess who got the most beats -.-"). Anyway, ever since that day, I promised myself that I will never have a divorce or 'hit' my children violently. ^^ Heh, though still a bit too young to worry about them 'issues' :p

Last edited:

erikrhys

Reaction score
Country
United States
^^
shit man, sorry to hear about that, and today i had anoher life changing experience, this girl is basically stalking me, and im a nice guy, i usually dont say or do mean things. But today i had my "girlfriend" tell her that enough is fucking enough and to stop stalking me. And it made me realize that it isnt only guys that stalk people......weird.....

Babii-Boo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
And it made me realize that it isnt only guys that stalk people......weird.....
HAHAHA!! Yeah, girls do stalk, so beware next time! xD
I meant, *ahem ahem* Girls stalk? O.o? I never knew that... Hm, that's new. :p

Paper

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
i went to the isle of man and: i was enrolled in some hotel school, which was owned by money worshiping gits who cared nothing for the students and only cared about making a profit. i also worked for a hotel that didn't give a crap about their staff, and i was fired for a white guy. now the isle of man treasury is dogging me for penalties since i didn't ask for my tax back, and i just recently found out that the school i went to went bankrupt, and the possibility of me not getting my transcript is very high.

btw the hotel school was in 2 buildings....two DELAPIDATED buildings, with FAULTY electronics and heating.

erikrhys

Reaction score
Country
United States
HAHAHA!! Yeah, girls do stalk, so beware next time! xD
I meant, *ahem ahem* Girls stalk? O.o? I never knew that... Hm, that's new. :p
no seriously......when you hear of someone stalking, you think of a guy, right? i never heard of a girl stalking before this happened, its really creepy ~-~

Roanapur

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
I once passed up an opportunity with and awesome girl because of my own apprehension, and she ended up with some chump that didn't deserve her. I'm pretty sure that more than a few could relate.

Since then I vowed to never have regrets and just go for whatever I want.

Avalonblitz

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
^ Kinda

Usually in dreams but one happened a few years ago when me and my friend was crossing a road about 3/4 on it the truck that was once just barely in sight when we started actually sped up and the man almost got us it just barely grazed my bag and I had to pull on my friend who was slightly behind me.

erikrhys

Reaction score
Country
United States
^
i was hit by a car when i was in 6th grade, i was biking down a hill, then i saw a car following me. I moved to the other side of the road and so did he. He drives by and hits me with his side view mirror. It hits me in the back and i go tumbling down the hill. I gets cuts all over and start bleeding like hell, the guys looks back and laughs and i limp home. Which was like a mile away so it kinda sucked ass.

Babii-Boo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:o!
Hold on, did you even know the guy(s)?

erikrhys

Reaction score
Country
United States
^
no, at least i dont think so. I was more focused on if anything was broken and stopping the bleeding Y-Y.....