Lucci vs Zoro | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Lucci vs Zoro

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
[mod=Imitorar]Alright, that's enough agreement. Please, do not post unless you are going to make YOUR OWN contributions to the discussion.[/mod]

Superman

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Its bullshit to say: "zoro would get pwned" or something like that, just because luffy barely managed it to beat lucci ? lol ...

Who do you think is stronger ? Zoro or Luffy ? WE DONT KNOW IT. Did the 2 of them fought each other until one of them is death ? NO. (the fight in whiskey peak doesnt count because it wasnt deadly serious) So we absolutely cannot say which one is stronger. Its a matter of fact that Luffy fought the "Boss", because he is 1) the captain and 2) a/the main character.

I would say, the current!! Zoro has the potential to beat Lucci.

Why ?

1. He blocked the attack from Oz, which is like gear 3rd from luffy.
2. He is the strongest Member of the Straw Hat Crew, in physical strength matters.
3. He cant cut Steel, which is great to break that "tekkai"-technique.
4. He has now a new and more powerful sword, which makes him even stronger.
5. His stamina ist just insane and his physical ability to take enemy attacks are outstanding.

Luffy has great attacks/techniques, but if he use them to much/long he will get extremely tired.

Gear 3rd for example will let him shrink, during this time he is extremely vulnerable.

Zoro doenst have high risk attacks with adverse effects.

Last one...

Do not underestimate Zoro!
1.) He only deduced or divert Oz punch, Ozs punch is maybe like gear third but he just deduced it and so no full power, im sorry.
2.) Wait i could hold a preach right now but to make it short......no he isn`t the strongest amongst th straw hats in "physical strenght matters", he is almost equal with luffy but if Luffy activate gear 2nd or 3rd or both together then WhiThebearD you have to agree with me he is no match in physical strenght with Luffy.
3.) Ok thats right i think so too. We can say Luccis tekkai is stronger as Kakus but thats bullshit i mean thats the case but Zoro would break it too so i think the same way as you on this point. But lucci can avoid attacks and do you know why, because he is a smart one and not only good in fighting with tekkai he can avaid attacks because he is a fighter with experience and movement reaction not like grandpa.:p
4.) Yes thats right totally forgot that but as i said lucci is fast and can avoid.
5.) And luffys "stamina" and "physical ability to take enemy attacks" aren`t "outstanding"? You don`t really think that way or do you?

He has potencial to beat him but somehow he has not.:wall :D
Dunno this would be the hardest fight ever even more harder than with Oz because Lucci would only focus on him not like Oz on all.

So the "cp9 arc Zoro" would lose and the "current Zoro"...........i think it is a bit complicated he only get his new sword and that not enough, we can not say if he has enough skills yet......we saw him training on the ship but that doesn`t count.:p

But the time will come.

Your Superman muhahahaha....

Last edited:

WhiTeBearÐ

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
@superman

1. Thats right. I mistook the word "block" with "deduced", i didnt found that word so i took "block".

2. He is the STRONGEST. Why ? Can luffy lift up a house in a non gear mode ? the hell not. And iam doubting it that he can do it in the gear modes. Oh yeah, he could lift up the bow of the black cat pirates ship, but only through jacko´s hypnosis.

3. If lucci is so superb in avoiding attacks, why did he lost to luffy ? :hmm:

4. Well lucci is fast, thats right. But, its totally regardless if zoro can time his attacks to hit him, then bye bye speed ...Do you think Zoro is slow ? Did you see the fight between him and Kaku, if zoro is slow how the hell could he fight against kaku (while kaku used 2 swords and his two legs nearly at the same time) ? Hmm...

5. Luffy´s stamina and physical ability to take enemy attacks are pushed up through his devil fruit/gear modes, in my opinion. But zoro did it all through insane hard training. Did you see the wounds from zoro ? Especially that wound that Mihawk has given him. Although he fought/hold up arlong as long as he could. An ordinary human would have been unable to move for ~4 months.

Impel Down

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
2. First off, the Gears don't make him physically stronger, they just help him in various aspects of combat, like speed and a sudden burst of power. And he could probably lift a building, since he smashes them pretty easily.

3. Because he was dodging all his attacks, but Luffy got him with, first, moves that were at a speed Lucci wasn't adjusted to yet, since he thought Luffy was still slow. Once he transformed, he was fine. The second hit, was in Gear 3, if you don't count Lucci using Tekkai to nullify Luffy's attacks, and there was no way for Lucci to dodge Gear 3 at that time, since he was in an inclosed area. Then, with Jet Gattling Gun, there was no place for him to go and dodge it since the blows were everywhere and with one hit he was already at a point where he couldn't move to block the next one or the next one or the next one, so they would all hit him.

4. Zoro didn't really need speed since he had fantastic blocks and powerful offensive moves that he used all the time that slowed down his opponent.

Superman

Reaction score
Country
Germany
5. Luffy´s stamina and physical ability to take enemy attacks are pushed up through his devil fruit/gear modes, in my opinion. But zoro did it all through insane hard training. Did you see the wounds from zoro ? Especially that wound that Mihawk has given him. Although he fought/hold up arlong as long as he could. An ordinary human would have been unable to move for ~4 months.
Luffys stamina and physical ability to take enemy attacks are of course pushed by by his DF.
But if we talk about what if when Luffy hadn`t a devil fruit and bla bla bla than i agree with you Luffy would clearly lose to Zoro and of course to Lucci.

But since we talk about the current Zoro and current Luffy then there are no "ifs" only facts badaboom.

Impel down explained point 3 very well.

About point 4)
In my last post i wrote that i don`t doubt that Zoro give him scratches but he couldn`t cut him up. But i changed it. It just don`t fit.
Kaku didn`t even used all the time soru.
If he would have used it all the time with rangekyu zoro would have been veeeery tired.
I knoow what you wanna say: Kaku would be tired too........
No! As a cp9 member he is trained to use it very often and Zoro would be tired first.
Kaku just got the wrong strategy. Well, badluck for him.:p
If he get powned by a swordsman who can cut steel and stuff then he should have fought a bit smarter and don`t use tekkai if he notice that it don`t work.

But no matter how we wanna twist things Oda always makes the strawhats the winners if it is luck, if they are better, if they get help ( i hope it in the future) or something else. Till the strawhats get killed we have to wait a loooong time.

Last but not least. Yeah, Luffy can lift buildings. Thats a totally lame argument from you. Nothing against you.............IDIOOOOOTTT:D :D :D joking
Luffy is worth 300 million berri and you dont think he cant lift a tiny building like the one Zoro lift.
Come on they all grow in strenght and now they can lift this with their smallest finger and play basketball with it......but the shitty thing is there is not a basketball hoop in this size......WOOOT im drifting sorry.

[luckas]Try to be less harsh/unfriendly in your posts ;)[/luckas]

Ok

Last edited:

marte1980

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
But no matter how we wanna twist things Oda always makes the strawhats the winners if it is luck, if they are better, if they get help ( i hope it in the future) or something else. Till the strawhats get killed we have to wait a loooong time.
You hope that they will beat someone with the help of someone else? NO, absolutely NO to that! I'd rather see them loose than win with the help of someone else!
And I doubt we will ever see some of the strawhats dead. Not even the evil guys die in this manga and you think that Oda will let any of the strawhats die? It would make no sense at all.

[luckas]Stay on topic, guys.[/luckas]

Last edited by a moderator:

Superman

Reaction score
Country
Germany
This should mean, maybe Oda let them get executed like golld d roger after fullfilling their dreams if they are old and stuff.
But who know the marines have to get them first of all thats why i streched the "long".

If they come to the marine quarter i hope they get help from Dragon or it is like a family reunion :D:D. Garp Dragon and if this old woman is Luffys grandma:p and kuma is there and like the strawhats:p and just make party and drink together:D and sengok get his as beat up if he don`t party with them:p so he start drinking and like the strawhats:D and that is the craziest bullshit i`ve ever written but it would be cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiTeBearÐ

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I have my own opinion and thats what count ..do whatever you like..

Edit: sadly that you cant discuss in a polite way ...

Last edited:

Razh

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Zoro doenst have high risk attacks with adverse effects.
Zoro doesnt have limitless stamina. Zoro is more voulnerable than Luffy against some attacks. Zoro can't use Soru. Zoro has lesser range than Luffy.

I should note that Zoro is almost my favourite character. I just listed his handycaps.
And Luffy just barely defeated Lucci.

Everyone should agree that there has to be some gap between Luffy and Zoro. Zoro is strong, but he himself admits that Luffy is stronger. If you don't know what I mean than its time to do some rereading.

Mr.Popo

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Zoro can't use Soru. Zoro has lesser range than Luffy.
We don't know about soru or a similar technique, but Zorro has the same range as Luffy, both could send their attacks flying!

Everyone should agree that there has to be some gap between Luffy and Zoro.
I do not. The gap has to be there in the end of One Piece. In the meantime it isn't necessary. They are rather different in terms of fighting style and abilities, so comparing them is difficult.

And about the points:
1. He blocked the attack from Oz, which is like gear 3rd from luffy.
Or deflected it. Very helpful against Lucci.
Additionally he could also deflect those flying kicks from CP9 as well, something Luffy can't do.
2. He is the strongest Member of the Straw Hat Crew, in physical strength matters.
Probably, but i'm not sure about this. Luffy+DF is equal or above.
3. He cant cut Steel, which is great to break that "tekkai"-technique.
Yes. Again very helpful against Lucci
4. He has now a new and more powerful sword, which makes him even stronger.
Yes.
5. His stamina ist just insane and his physical ability to take enemy attacks are outstanding.
Yes, but Luffys as well. But after Kuma it is quite clear, that Zorros could take more than Luffy.

And about Soru. While Kaku seldom used it, Zorro showed us that he could handle it.
And one time Zorro hit Kaku, although Kaku predicted Zorros move.

IgnorantSage

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yes, but Luffys as well. But after Kuma it is quite clear, that Zorros could take more than Luffy.
That damage he absorbed was already reduced due to the rubber body of Luffy. If Zoro was actually in the receiving end of the attacks that Luffy withstood, he would probably die (or be SEVERELY damaged) since he doesn't have the luxury of damage reduction of a rubber body.

And I don't think all the damage was actually transfer although I agree that a huge portion of it was.

Basically, Zoro might be superior to Luffy stamina-wise but the amount of damage Luffy can withstand is greater than Zoro's.

Back on topic however, I still stand by my opinion that Lucci > Zoro. Here's another reason for that: Zoro had a hard time (ok, not really really hard) dealing with Kaku and since Lucci > Kaku in almost all aspects in battle, I don't see how people assume that Zoro can definitely defeat Lucci. Zoro could win but the odds are seriously against him.

Mr.Popo

Reaction score
Country
Germany
That damage he absorbed was already reduced due to the rubber body of Luffy. If Zoro was actually in the receiving end of the attacks that Luffy withstood, he would probably die (or be SEVERELY damaged) since he doesn't have the luxury of damage reduction of a rubber body.
Thats not exactly what i meant.
I meant the pain and fatigue Zorro received, not the damage.
That alone was enough to make Luffy unconscious, but Zorro was able to stay conscious (at least for a while), although Luffys pain and fatigue added to his own.

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
But Luffy received damage too. He wasn't unconscious because he experienced pain. He was fighting and he received punishment both from Moria and from using combined gears as well as 100 shadows.

But anyways, stamina isn't everything in battle.

And about Soru. While Kaku seldom used it, Zorro showed us that he could handle it.
And one time Zorro hit Kaku, although Kaku predicted Zorros move.
Sure he could handle Kaku. But Lucci is a different thing. Zoro can't move as fast as him, and that is a huge disadvantage.
Not to mention that Lucci would need one Roukougan to pawn Zoro. I think Zoro could take it, but he couldn't fight for much long after that. He doesn't have rubber organs.

Mr.Popo

Reaction score
Country
Germany
But Luffy received damage too. He wasn't unconscious because he experienced pain. He was fighting and he received punishment both from Moria and from using combined gears as well as 100 shadows.
Yes, he was simply exhausted and this fatigue was transfered to Zorro, if i not misread it.

But anyways, stamina isn't everything in battle.
Same goes for speed and strength. It's a combination of many abilities.
He just needs to be fast enough to block or deflect an attack.
Luffy can't deflect those flying attacks, so he needs speed to evade them. Zorro on the other hand can deflect them with his swords, or probably a flying counterattack, so he doesn't need to be that fast.

Not to mention that Lucci would need one Roukougan to pawn Zoro. I think Zoro could take it, but he couldn't fight for much long after that. He doesn't have rubber organs.
I agree, although i'm not so sure that one would be enough.

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I agree, although i'm not so sure that one would be enough.
No, I don't think one would be enough by itself, but internal bleeding would probably be too big of a handycap in further fighting.

Highseas7

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Guatemala
I agree with Mr.Popo although one would not be enough after what we've seen Zoro's display at thriller bark i think it would be safe to say that at least two rokuguns would be neccary to take him down in a fight with lucci

DutchPhoenix

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
i think lucci isnt able to handle asura attack

Zoro could deflect oz with his normal swords
Sanji needed diable flamble

Imagen zoro powered up with asura going to unleash its full power on lucci

Highseas7

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Guatemala
THAT WOULD SO KICK LUCCI"S ASS!!!!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Azura could defeat lucci but, i dont think he has learned how to use it when he wants, I mean why didnt he used it againts oz or kuma?

captainjustin

Reaction score
Country
United States
this one's easy. zoro would definitely beat lucci. why? because he promised luffy he'd never lose again back when he fought mihawk.

solved! :)