OS - Mac? Windows? Linux? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

OS Mac? Windows? Linux?

Mac? Windows? Linux?

• Mac

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Windows

Votes: 39 63.9%
  • Linux

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Windows, because like it was said, it's most compatible with everything on programmes stuff, but Linus is better and better on that aspect every year ^^

I vote for Windows, but I also prefer Linux for beieng more "open" xD

Mac - i didn't use it, so i don't know how it is to have such system ^^

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
For me, using Windows (XP) is easier since there are more compatible software. Or maybe because i'm just too lazy to try anything else. I tried Linux once, but (imo) you really need a lot of tweaking to get it to work the way you want it to.

TechnoMagus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
WINDOWS for me, KakashiWin-Sensei :Haha j/k

Zypher said:
I use windows at the moment (mostley cuse i got it for free)

I simply say like this

Mac = the best hardware

Windows = the best Operating System to play games on

Linux/Unix/Readhatt = very good Operating System for those who like to change and mod in the Operating System

(if you don't agree i don't care)
amen to that!

MangaDictus said:
Linux = "j00r b0x $ wyd 0p3n" Script Kiddies & Packet Monkeys, Rejoice! What I'm saying is... Get this If you want the hard and secure way around. That's all there is to it. (Debian, Ubunto and Fedora user)
yeah, linux for the secure way around...last time i used winxp, 2 attempted attacks per minute! plus, it's more flexible, provided you have the will, the hardware and the internet connection :D; and less resource hungry; e.g. i use a laptop, 1.6 G Celeron, i915 video, 512MB RAM. with XP, running with internet security makes my system run at a crawl. i get faster responses with linux. and i run it on an external usb hard drive sometimes with usb tv tuner AND 3d desktop eye-candy. all this on a system that can barely run vista.

i really like eye-candy so i have a different philosophy for those who want lightweightedness. have you heard the new eye-candy buzzword in the linux world, about 3d desktop? you can see a lot of their demos on youtube. i highly recommend taking a look at them. although mac led the way, linux took it a step further and windows...maybe after vista!

my desktop....

qwan3356

Reaction score
Country
United States
I mostly use windows, and is getting to learn Linux, but because of the teacher, its starting to totally get on my nerve. . . lol

thegreatest08

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
im using windows, cos ive used it most of my liefe and it is easier to use.

TechnoMagus

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
most of your life? ...man i'm old, reminds me of DOS, anyone remembered using that? and 5.25 floppies? heck, i'll be surprised if someone here even remembers using cp/m or a pdp-x or even multics something.

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
KakashiTux-Sensei said:
most of your life? ...man i'm old, reminds me of DOS, anyone remembered using that?
uhm, I'm still using freeDOS on my older maschine :p

woofcat

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I use Linux, amazing graphics in the operating system. Does everything i want and all for free!

Also it doesn't spy on me or stop working if i don't validate. Ahh hell there is no validation.

iThePirate

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Mac. Never played much games on my computer but the ones I've played came out for Mac too so no problems there.
And real men plays console anyways (real women too, just dosen't sounds as good though).
Well, I've got shitloads of experience with Macs, I'm 19 and have been using Mac for 14 years.
As for the nemesis, Micorsoft I have nuttin' but laughter to give 'em.
For instance Vista has copied a lot of MacOsX (hmm might start shortening it to MoX) and I've heard that the new Microsoft "Ipod", Zune isn't compatible with Vista. Anyone knows if this is true? If it is it's just plain stupid on their part if not, well it was funny while it lasted.

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm currently using Windows Vista. Now, while multiple people I know have said it sucks, I'm actually finding no problems with it so far (knock on wood). It's been running fairly smoothly and is pretty <3 I like it much better than XP. All the little tweaks are great ^^

iThePirate

Reaction score
Country
*Wonders when they'll combine all os's and make one standard*

So Vista actually works? xP

I wonder how it looks, haven't seen that much of it, maybe it's google time.

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's actually really pretty. I think it looks alot cleaner and sleeker than XP did.

_V0iD_

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
I'm running vista too, although im not sure the timer stop crack is working since although its been stuck on 29 days remaining for about a week and a half, it keeps asking me to activate.

Anyway, it doesnt run as smoothly on my pc as XP did, even with it using my 1GB pendrive as extra memory. My setup is a 2.6ghz celeron, 1GB ddr2 ram, 128mb radeon 9550 running dual 17" crts and a 300Gb sata hard drive, and vista runs a bit sluggish even with some aero features disabled. I assume its because of my processor, the lowest rated component of my PC. I did notice a slight speed up when disabling my Avast! Anti virus (its a pity AVG doesnt work with vista yet)

I love the cool aero feature when you click a button in the quicklaunch bar and all the windows go sidways 3D and you can choose which one you want, and i love how you can stretch a video over two screens (in xp one screen remained black) so playing multiplayer xbox through my tv card is way cool since you can get a screen each.

Other than that, vista isnt much of an upgrade to XP really (unless you have an uber next generation graphics card that needs directX 10). Now, if only linux could play halo natively.... then we'd have an operating system worth using.

iThePirate

Reaction score
Country
Just watched some screenshots and well, they simply just stole like 75 to 90% of the desgin from MoX.

Not to mention the widgets, had 'em for a while never used 'em though.

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
i'm using windows XP pro right now... i'd use linux if it had a more user-friendly interface, and if third-party developers amde more games for it...

Beam

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Windows cuz Im a gamer and Mac ain't for gamers though i don't know if Linux can play the same games as Windows

iThePirate

Reaction score
Country
Just got an intel-mac, meaning I can use both XP (atm) and MoX.

Hello to all the worlds open-source programs.

Terra

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Linux :)

[sizept=1]Although Im forced to use windows sometimes =/[/sizept]

~Lilium~

Reaction score
Country
i have window... i haven't tried even tried a mac once. i wish i could... to see the dfferene