Games Mafia Game 100 - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Do I remember wrong, or did Panda say that only secondary roles are hidden from the open list? That would eliminate sleeper and death miller, since those are considered primary roles. If there is a sleeper, that should read on the role list?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But that's not really revelant right now.
You are remembering right. Just that it would defeat the purpose to list Sleeper, DM or Unskilled mafia in the rolelist no? Just like how there exists no "Doctor" role, but there is a "Sane Doctor", Insane and Naive. Sanity of the Doc wasn't specified so I doubt they'd specify any hidden intricacies either.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,376
Gender
Male
Country
France
@GrySun Both Sam and Riku seem Town to me because of their play style that's it. I already said why I distrusted Lambu.

It's true that I could have talked about this with Town before the NP, but HP Holder and Prosecutor/Vigilante aren't the same. Following that reasoning you guys could have told me who you'd want me to pick. It's not like the fact that I had a HP was hidden.

In the end I gave the HP to someone who was among those who voted for the lynched players (both Town), twice. I wouldn't go for you just because Shad died Town. It was a matter of priority.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Read Tatsus replies, and she defended well. Very calm. Too calm? No scum vibes for me though.
Same, was about to say that I liked Tatsu's overall thoughts, just wish she wrote them more often or without being asked.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
You are remembering right. Just that it would defeat the purpose to list Sleeper, DM or Unskilled mafia in the rolelist no? Just like how there exists no "Doctor" role, but there is a "Sane Doctor", Insane and Naive. Sanity of the Doc wasn't specified so I doubt they'd specify any hidden intricacies either.
Sort of, but not completly. Even if we new there is a sleeper, the sleeper wouldn't know he is one. It doesn't completele defeat the purpose, but sort of affects it. Same goes for sane/insane/unskilled status.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Inb4 the mafia is Gry, Erin and Tatsu, the ones I have the most positive vibe off as players right now :D
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I think all the players have now been online a decent junk after DD's claim. No counter claims or Pirate claims despite that.
There is lots of benefit in not claiming Pirate under these circumstances, but I am afraid that mafia may claim it to avoid being lynched near the end of the phase and hope the Pirate is afk, like Sam for example if he's the Pirate but isn't coming back anymore.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Erin is little sus now, since lynching Demon with the potato situation seems a little early now.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
The pirate should stay hidden till the end, its the only card left to somehow save the doc, should only claim to save their ass of a lynch.

I kind of want to vote Tatsu, but seeing Demon's vote on her makes me retaliate.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
There is lots of benefit in not claiming Pirate under these circumstances, but I am afraid that mafia may claim it to avoid being lynched near the end of the phase and hope the Pirate is afk, like Sam for example if he's the Pirate but isn't coming back anymore.
No sure about that. Since it's the only active role yet because DD is practically dead tomorrow, I'm not sue why not to claim. The suicide-detective route might be the only way the role is useful now. Though we are right at the brink when losing the pirate would mean town win.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

As true, basicly it's 50/50 chance we save doc role.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@GrySun Both Sam and Riku seem Town to me because of their play style that's it. I already said why I distrusted Lambu.

It's true that I could have talked about this with Town before the NP, but HP Holder and Prosecutor/Vigilante aren't the same. Following that reasoning you guys could have told me who you'd want me to pick. It's not like the fact that I had a HP was hidden.

In the end I gave the HP to someone who was among those who voted for the lynched players (both Town), twice. I wouldn't go for you just because Shad died Town. It was a matter of priority.
Just for curiosity: what about my playstyle is so much different from Sam and Riku? I missed a lot of the dayphase til now, but otherwise?

I think it's a bad look on anyone giving you "suggestions" on who to Potato without you asking for help, as well as a player holding the potato could slip up with their target. Holt passed the first ever potato to sakura for 0 reason and he was scum, role was too new for people to question it too much at the time but nowadays it's a legit thread to follow.
What I'm saying is you can't just say you didn't receive input but never have asked for any to begin with.

But now I'm one of your bigger suspects according to you, so what changed between the Potato passing night and now?
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Didn't think of that, scratch it, the pirate should hide hard.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
No sure about that. Since it's the only active role yet because DD is practically dead tomorrow, I'm not sue why not to claim. The suicide-detective route might be the only way the role is useful now. Though we are right at the brink when losing the pirate would mean town win.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

As true, basicly it's 50/50 chance we save doc role.
Saving the Doc role only matters if the Pirate is unknown, else they just kill him right after. The 50% chance does suck and I think Pirates need a buff to be priority 2.5 to better fulfill that niche, but still a valid attempt if the Pirate stays anonymous.

If Pirate was claimed though then DD is a terrible target, as even getting Doc with the 50% chance is worthless, in that case like you said using it as a pseudo-det is infinitely more worth it.
So those are the 2 kinda main gameplans a Pirate could pursue here.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
I will placehold on James for now.

I should be back during my break at work to decide properly, will keep reading and answering till I leave home.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I think I wanna change from Tatsu but not sure of the option. Erin maybe, because going for Demon is not that good because of the potato?
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,690
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
You got the order wrong there. He panicked already on D1, feel free to reread his D1 posts or our exchange(it's not a fun read). In my mind he thought he was getting lynched by me and I'll get others to go on him too(his own words) so he started making noise early rather than late to avoid the votes. D2 I started by voting him not just for suspicions but also for fun due to our exchanges and him saying he likes the attention, yet there he flips out again. Looked to me a lot more like him "having to play his role" now that he already went crazy D1 and that it'd be odd to calm down D2. Again, he did the same in Omoneko. He got his Daws lynch, was wrong, yet instead of admitting he was wrong and humbling himself he doubles down and goes again the crazy path. This double-down here looked the same.

Explains a lot that you didn't play that game or you'd feel what I feel. He could absolutely not be reasoned with that game even after being proven wrong. One thing I do agree is that his "vote and lynch me" thing of yesterday that he was urging people was very new for him(both as mafia and town), but I thought he maybe is hoping for it to have the opposite effect and people to believe he's being just a crazy townie.

And regardless of all that, it was just so tiring. He said X, I respond or show he's wrong/lying, he responds back in a mocking tone, moves the goalposts and hammers away. Then an hour later after I stop, he says the same X again to solidify his "points" he was making, even though I showed him wrong. Infuriating is a better description. If it was anyone else I'd have still not let that provoke me but the feeling that I'm being used like in Omoneko again just couldn't let me accept it.
Yeah, I hear you. I'm looking through a different window so it's easy for me to say "why didn't you see it this way?! You're Gry-tan after all 😭" but you've experienced different things to make you react and think different ways.

Based on my own bullshit of games past, I feel the more insane something looks/feels, the more someone is just town desperate to do/create something out of nothing. That's just me though :catshrug

I hear you, just unfortunate overall. Still think there needs to be criticism over for all Shad voters because there's likely scum floating around there who took advantage of it.

I really dont want to go back into the absurdity of the Shad situation, just thinking its very easy to judge people's decisions about something when you aren't even following their train of thought.
For you it was a "paranoid townie speaking nonsense after nonsense", to me it was a "mafia pretending to be paranoid". As Gry pointed out he did that play before and it worked wonders for him.
Window comment applies here too I guess, but I do know you're able to cut through most things so you can forgive me for having doubts that the mystical reinhardt-simping pigeon could cut through to the truth at the core :catshrug

It strikes me way more odd how people like you or James simply knew "he was town and picked on by a bunch of bullies" but decided to not step up on it. Looking at the carnage and then pointing fingers at the survivors instead of trying to solve it. Whats up with that Sam?
Considering all the facts, it was very clearly desperation based on a conclusion created out of nothing. He went out of his way to make a program to track vote changes as things progress which in itself seems like something mafia wouldn't waste their time on, at least publicly, if at all. That's the first point to consider. The second point to consider is that as town I tried to keep a clear head through it all and actually consider other options simply than letting my thinking revolve around the issue, so it was easier for me to put it into perspective of being overblown drama and thus more likely than not harmless. Simple deduction, this game has been a wonder for my MG analysis and thought process, I'll teach you my way next duo-game. :lambirb

I think all the players have now been online a decent junk after DD's claim. No counter claims or Pirate claims despite that.
Pirate absolutely should NOT claim, especially if DD's doc claim is legit and not just him baiting mafia as a townie. Showing all our cards is literally a game-over scenario with no coming back unless mafia get decimated today via lynch and lambu bomb.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,376
Gender
Male
Country
France
@Lambu Good to see that you at least acknowledge becoming more active after being called out.

You can say whatever you want about you and Tatsu not voting under the same circumstances but the facts are that you both voted for the lynched Townies.

If lack of activity meant that you were Mafia for sure the game would be much easier.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Farfs, probably the best of us, voted town also twice. That's not too strong a reasoning.

But sure, it's likely that in mob of lynch votes, there is probably one mafioso hiding.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,376
Gender
Male
Country
France
Also Mafia trying to dissociate themselves from each others is common sense.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Farfs, probably the best of us, voted town also twice. That's not too strong a reasoning.

But sure, it's likely that in mob of lynch votes, there is probably one mafioso hiding.
Likely is an understatement. There is at least one for sure. I told the same thing to DD but the difference between Lala and these two is that Lala is now dead. Besides you she was trusted the most.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,690
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Farfs, probably the best of us, voted town also twice. That's not too strong a reasoning.

But sure, it's likely that in mob of lynch votes, there is probably one mafioso hiding.
Between the Shad and Demon voters (7 votes), is where we will find the mafia imo. Erin who I think is scum voted the Hot Potato hoping it stays on a townie and goes with him if Demon gets lynched; the other two scum can be found amongst the Shad voters. Excluding Farf RIP, that's 2 of Tatsu, James, Gry, Lambu and you.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
@Lambu Good to see that you at least acknowledge becoming more active after being called out.

You can say whatever you want about you and Tatsu not voting under the same circumstances but the facts are that you both voted for the lynched Townies.

If lack of activity meant that you were Mafia for sure the game would be much easier.
I will acknowledge when you speak truth, just like I will say your reason to choose me over Tatsu or people with similar profile is extremely weak to say the least.
Dont cling to that fact too much now tho, I already saw your first explanation (the one that first sprung into your mind) was awful and unbelievable.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I'm not confident about voting Erin either - it feels to similar to Marms' case.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top