Games - Mafia Game 103 - Chainsam Pan: End Game | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 103 - Chainsam Pan: End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China

I thank you all for playing! It was an entertaining game to spectate. I hope most enjoyed the gameplay as well! Thank you to my fellow co-host @SirSamuel016 (and briefly @Farfalla) for providing the necessary support and inputs during the game! Once again thank you @Valhalla for the avatars! And most of all, congratulations mafia team (as the kids say nowadays) for copping the W! Also shoutouts to @GB for not speaking the truth once this game!

It was a simple but engaging experience. As you can see, the ???? was just another townie. In hindsight perhaps not as impactful but it was very omo seeing you all speculate over the identity of this mystery role. Unfortunately, in this sterile environment, we didn't get to trial the devil properly, as they both passed quickly. I think in special circumstances the potential is there, it is rather powerful in a more role-heavy comp. There are just enough secondaries for the psychiatrist to put IQ into analyzing their result (a difficult role to play in this game). Bomb's dominant strategy I think was somehow getting the mafia to kill them (feigning devil? 😈). Freeman... Died uncovered. And also came out quite early. If they had to die, that was probably the best time. The traitors deployed interesting strategies. Very exotic approach. Mafia overall played pretty decent; the first few nights town mislynched and only towards the mid-to-end did non-towns start perishing.

I am curious what you thought of the game and each other's performances! Was town too lazy? Was ???? too spicy? Did non-town play strong enough? Curious what you guys think of such role- and mechanicless comps ~

Once again, thank you, everyone! It was super spicy 👿 😈 🌶

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
You forgot a game you played in?
Gtfoh
I do not keep track of who I voted on a D1 in very old games. I remember maybe my D1 vote of the last ~1-2 games at best.

Shad

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Shad what do you think about James?
My townmeter says:

James: small town read, gotta see more from him. but his mechanic discussion felt good.
Lambu slightly town read for thinking actively about how to play a vannilaish game early D1, but he is a strong player so it could be just a good move he made if scum.
Gry: I need more time to decide, you didn't fall for my pressure attemps, handled it exactly how I expected you too, so back to square one, need to see more from you.
Serapth: If I'm not mistaken he did once before reveal info that only scum had and got lynched, maybe a repeat?

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
See your memory is a lot better than you give yourself credit, because I absolutely do not remember :lmao
I think the one who holds the grudge will remember it more clearly than the one who did the act

Shad

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Its weird how you decided to hyperfocus on him for this reason Shad, besides this mechanic will unveil whether he's scum or town rather fast since he's a popular night choice, unless he's boss ofc.
I'm not sure what you mean by hyperfocus.

Votes are by definition focused on 1 player, cant vote a range of players.
We have 2 votes to cast every day, so nothing permanent about my action.

Didn't you suggest that it a good idea to get the ball rolling? I would have expected this question from everybody except you, since you are the one that suggested we follow this aproach to get the thread started, your vote on marm is just as weak :/

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I think the one who holds the grudge will remember it more clearly than the one who did the act
I really doubt she got lynched tho, she only said she got voted on no?

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
I see what you mean there, its not enough to make a proper picture but a thing to keep in mind regardless.
Lemme address that from you and Marcie: that's not very fair, since I had like 3 posts only and was still engaged in asking questions about the actions you guys were taking :hmph including from you vote. So back at you, quite odd for you off all people to call me a mediator only, note taken.

I'll take my sweet time to vote, I'm awful at vanilla games where I can't ask for hints and try to build objective patterns so I wanna use my time to exercise my read on people.

It would be fun tho if we could still share our "color" read on them daily tho so that's what I plan on doing '-' Comparing how people ranked others and why could be some interesting evaluation pattern to build.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dont say that :emobirb
Still no refutal of what I pointed about your first post being shady hm? Dont you have anything to say about it or are you just not willing to engage in discussion?
Going there anyway :pout I'm hurt

Also, enlighten me what exactly is shady about my first post - genuinely confused here. Literally did go back to check what I actually said and I still do not see it. Kinda hard to comment on that, if you wanted to randomly vote me you could have just said so. It's fine~

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Wait how is there only 5 hours left? I remember game starting late last night.

Honestly I‘d lynch an afker at this rate, some people that didn‘t say much of anything yet.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I'm not sure what you mean by hyperfocus.

Votes are by definition focused on 1 player, cant vote a range of players.
We have 2 votes to cast every day, so nothing permanent about my action.

Didn't you suggest that it a good idea to get the ball rolling? I would have expected this question from everybody except you, since you are the one that suggested we follow this aproach to get the thread started, your vote on marm is just as weak :/
Note that theres a difference between suspecting each other over trying to build a case on a specific player, which is what you are doing with Gry right now without substance. Its your common MO so its hard to tell your intentions, but its still a weird approach.

Lemme address that from you and Marcie: that's not very fair, since I had like 3 posts only and was still engaged in asking questions about the actions you guys were taking :hmph including from you vote. So back at you, quite odd for you off all people to call me a mediator only, note taken.

I'll take my sweet time to vote, I'm awful at vanilla games where I can't ask for hints and try to build objective patterns so I wanna use my time to exercise my read on people.

It would be fun tho if we could still share our "color" read on them daily tho so that's what I plan on doing '-' Comparing how people ranked others and why could be some interesting evaluation pattern to build.
I was mainly referring to your page 1 behaviour, I already said its a weak lead so no need to feel too defensive about it.

Going there anyway :pout I'm hurt

Also, enlighten me what exactly is shady about my first post - genuinely confused here. Literally did go back to check what I actually said and I still do not see it. Kinda hard to comment on that, if you wanted to randomly vote me you could have just said so. It's fine~
Well it looked like a scripted reaction, one that you would post after arranging it for a few minutes instead of a genuine thing.

Besides my aim for nitpicking you with this is to drag you into the thread and talk. You are not very talkative in general and theres no roles to confirm anything this time, so the less comfortable you are with discussion the less points you get in my book.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh I didn‘t consider at all that the Det or Doc could be of non-sane sanities lol. If that‘s true then it‘s actually a lot riskier than I thought. Mafia can kill more often with Docs, townies can kill townies with Docs.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

James you‘re a lot more cheerful/enthusiastic in D1 than usual, how come? Lately I remember you mainly afking and complaining about boring role.
If sanity is an actual thing we shouldn't risk docs but only dets and potential prostitutes though I dunno if we can make good use of prostitutes as we might block potential psy and devils whereas Mafia won't have this problem at all.

It's probably because I got good news from my brother in the hospital plus the fact there are no "boring" roles in this game since we pretty much all got not so interesting ones, so I ain't alone in my suffering, lol.

Hmmm than again it's a panda game + chainsaw man theme.... Ok i take back what i said about sanity
It's very possible...
Yeah, "Insanity" would fit the Chainsaw Man theme very much.

Hmmm every vanilla is a devil? I had the impression only some were, from reading the rule.

Hardy said I'm senpai on the streets, kawaii on the sheets :blush
Not every Vanilla, but Vanillas/Mafia Member are the most likely ones to own a secondary role whereas people with an actual townie role/mafia boss/??? probably do not own a secondary role.

I think James said that cause he has the impression all vanillas (town and mafia) are devils. The Psy in game gives me the impression we have a hand full or so tho.

You like to kill me D1 in vanilla games '-' last time it was in a speed one.
Pretty much, yeah. Ofc all Vanilla townies would be too much but I expected a whole bunch of them in this game, at least way more than just 1 for each faction. And if Town got a bunch of them Mafia needs at least 2 prostitutes to be able to put up a fight against potential 3-4 dets or more going after them. So my guess is that we got 5-6 Devils in this game total.

Oh, interesting vote from James. At first I got slightly suspicious on him because he was quick to say both vanilla mafia are devil, the way he seemed certain made me raise an eyebrow. Didn't put more effort to highlight that cause I think secondaries are hidden so mafia wouldn't know about the amount of devils they have on their team. I think.
You mean Devil is like Sleeper as in you don't know if you are Devil until you'd try to make use of it? Wouldn't that force anyone to send a Det action pm to check if they are? Reading the rules of Devil nothing seems to suggest it is hidden from its owner? I don't think that is the case but we can ask the hosts to make sure:
@Copy Panda Is the Owner of the Devil secondary role not aware of having it or does he get told both his primary and secondary role?

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Sorry for being back a little late. Done backreading too.

Gonna Votekill Lady Pompom for now.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Ok, I'll drop my read list (first impressions list) as well:

Seraph: reads town to me mainly 'cause IMO scum Sera is a bit shy and won't engage with lengthy posts unless we push him;
gnut: seems like his frank/open aggressive town self so far.
GB: rather absent GB seems like the town version to me.

James: it's just his seemly certainty that vanilla = devil that made me think he had more info than the rest or ain't the Psy for sure, but then again I don't think secondaries are disclosed to a team. But in case it is due to mech...
Gry: it... feels like his take a ride on people? On Lambu's take to vote on basic suspicions; on James reads and role plans; skipping basic stuff like sanity? Just... felt less proactive and even sloppy in a sense? Raised an eyebrow 'cause that didn't feel like sheppard Marcie.
Lambs: you know how you roll for me, Lambito, waiting for la furia roja, your engagement feels like testing waters so far, even tho you say people could vote on their suspicions one from the go.
Shad: Idk... going from "look at me, senpai Gry" (it rhymes!) to "LETS KEEL WITH FIRA" it's a bit odd xD I get Marcie's point on him but for now I'm wondering If he got scum and is trying to adapt to it, while being uncertain of how to do it (backing away from Marcie now in the last posts). His train of thoughts feels rational so far tho, if it's crafted or not.

About the rest, I don't have anything to share now. Was just wondering if Koko is the type to toss random votes but I think she is so decided to not list her in orange.

I was mainly referring to your page 1 behaviour, I already said its a weak lead so no need to feel too defensive about it.
It's not defensive, more like pinpointing the impression I got from you and why but maybe the previous post is more objective on that, communication ain't my forte @.@

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Well it looked like a scripted reaction, one that you would post after arranging it for a few minutes instead of a genuine thing.

Besides my aim for nitpicking you with this is to drag you into the thread and talk. You are not very talkative in general and theres no roles to confirm anything this time, so the less comfortable you are with discussion the less points you get in my book.
And other posts don’t look scripted? They are exactly the same

also obviously I (most of the time at least) do read over my posts to make sure its actually readable and not filled with grammatical errors? :3
Suppose most of us do that

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Ara!! Simple mech? :feelsgoodman and we hunt some devils.
I'll change my avy later!!
So instead of Mafia you wanna hunt our Prostitutes/Docs/Dets?

Btw votekill bel for getting makima, plus it's bel, makima is soo fitting for her damn
Never trust makima and same for bel :XD
At least sam is in the host seat this game so no taming doggy
:nah This grudge vote.

Shad

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
@Lambu you don't see the irony in your post?

You says and do things then say it wierd that I do them as well.
The same justifications you are using for your action, apply them to mine and see if it works.

I even quoted your post in my vote post, to let you know that I agree with your aproach.

Very weird bro, I think you are either not thinking straight or testing the water as farf said.
Accusing marm then accusing me for accusing Gry and so on.

Just trying to participate?

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'll put a placeholder, votekill Seraph

Also about the mechanics, even we agree that all townie devils choose and use a Det role, would mafia use dets rather than a prosti, let's say? Because with this number of people, they're probably the only scum party anyways, except if that ??? is a third party surprise.

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Typical D1 where everyone is grasping at straws to build cases on players. Tho a few good points were made imo, especially by James. Which is surprising to me since I rarely agree with him.

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Typical D1 where everyone is grasping at straws to build cases on players. Tho a few good points were made imo, especially by James. Which is surprising to me since I rarely agree with him.
Why did you vote me?

Status
Not open for further replies.