Games Mafia Game 103 - Chainsam Pan: End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,539
Reaction score
21,808
Gender
Female
Country
China

I thank you all for playing! It was an entertaining game to spectate. I hope most enjoyed the gameplay as well! Thank you to my fellow co-host @SirSamuel016 (and briefly @Farfalla) for providing the necessary support and inputs during the game! Once again thank you @Valhalla for the avatars! And most of all, congratulations mafia team (as the kids say nowadays) for copping the W! Also shoutouts to @GB for not speaking the truth once this game!

It was a simple but engaging experience. As you can see, the ???? was just another townie. In hindsight perhaps not as impactful but it was very omo seeing you all speculate over the identity of this mystery role. Unfortunately, in this sterile environment, we didn't get to trial the devil properly, as they both passed quickly. I think in special circumstances the potential is there, it is rather powerful in a more role-heavy comp. There are just enough secondaries for the psychiatrist to put IQ into analyzing their result (a difficult role to play in this game). Bomb's dominant strategy I think was somehow getting the mafia to kill them (feigning devil? 😈). Freeman... Died uncovered. And also came out quite early. If they had to die, that was probably the best time. The traitors deployed interesting strategies. Very exotic approach. Mafia overall played pretty decent; the first few nights town mislynched and only towards the mid-to-end did non-towns start perishing.

I am curious what you thought of the game and each other's performances! Was town too lazy? Was ???? too spicy? Did non-town play strong enough? Curious what you guys think of such role- and mechanicless comps ~

Once again, thank you, everyone! It was super spicy 👿 😈 🌶



​
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Dude why are you acting like it is normal to have forgotten about this.
You were literately memed about this for years, like it the first thing I think of when I read your name xD
It like me forgetting about that day I said: Top 10 anime betrayals

If you admited to it I would have had nothing against you but now, I'm kind of ok with your lynch.
You are high on my list now, let see what else happens in the next hours.
Okay, first of all, i became a meme after my very first game when i said i was "Hungry" as a hint. It's when people called me "Hungry-kun" and figured that i must be a prostitute.

And, second of all, its not the only and not the first game where i died early. Or at least i think. I died early in the Fate game too. The only thing i got from your link is that i died early in Baccano. I have no idea why i died back then. I am shocked to know though that i have actually had the Mentor Role before though. :XD
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Yeah Bel and DD are being extra safe in general, its more noticeable on DD cause he tends to speak a lot more.
For me it's not about being safe, it's about getting a read on the game. Plus, the few questions I've had have been asked and answered by others already, like when James proposed mass Detective results I was going to ask whether it's wise to expose the devils so early, but then I saw Gry point that out and that was that. I'm not in the habit of repeating what others have already said.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Guys chill a bit, both of you have very good points.

~
I agree with Lambu that we will only get detective claims and that doc claims are the best way to get yourself lynched.
But maybe shouldn't have said that D1 since farf is right, that we shouldn't undermine the threat of doctors.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Sure, I'll give you my second point of relevance since the moment I mentioned it to Marcie it wasn't clear enough it seems: in a single mafia party game (we don't know what the ??? is), I see the relevance in people that often die at night and hate it not caring about the low possibility of being protected. It's worth noting to me why wouldn't you guys be concerned, just that. Maybe you just don't fear it~ I also think that pushing people to leave town unprotected looks odd, and if you and Marcie feel differently - or will distort my words a second time to say I'm saying dets aren't critical - I'll leave you guys to that. I guess those were all my cents.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Rly? I imagine they'll go for det and claim so, won't discuss why tho, since you're the "ofc" guy you can realize the benefits I see in it.
Anyways, this argument is derailing alrdy.
Maybe we see no reason for us personally to live longer? This is a team game. I generally call bs on town actions under the pretext of "I did it to save myself" instead of routing out the mafia. Det results will create better chances for everyone on the long run so I think its the best approach.

Doc protection is virtually impossible to prove or track in this game, so I expect better judgement on that action than "I had a hunch they were going to die~", I say just investigate to prove yourself later on and find actual successful lynches.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
For me it's not about being safe, it's about getting a read on the game. Plus, the few questions I've had have been asked and answered by others already, like when James proposed mass Detective results I was going to ask whether it's wise to expose the devils so early, but then I saw Gry point that out and that was that. I'm not in the habit of repeating what others have already said.
Imo it's better to say if you agree / disagree with people or not or to support their PoVs than give us no chance to make a read on you.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
That kinda hurts, confirmed or not I most of the time do my best to be useful :feelsbadman
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Did you miss the Devil mechanic? It gives plenty of roles to „use on me“ so why you so afraid. There will certainly be many active roles used depending on how many Devils there are. I‘d guess on a 4th of the player count?
--- Double Post Merged, ---



So seeing you are fresh from a vanilla game, how did they go about playing it there?
--- Double Post Merged, ---



Hm that could be, but I think since there is a Psychiatrist there should be a but more. A bit lazy but having 1 each in town for a dedicated det, doc and prostitute is my first guess. If there are many, everyone going Det first and only later switching to Doc/Prostitute could be useful.
--- Double Post Merged, ---



Agree on the mass Det, but I don‘t see a way to make a list without revealing the Devils. And this is one of the few game types where we don‘t really want mass reveals, much smaller benefits.

Just like in game 100, we have a few confirmed townies that just need to claim if they get distrusted so we can avoid some bad lynches.
--- Double Post Merged, ---



I‘d like to think a Shapeshifter, not much to pop Illusions.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I will !votekill Farfalla. I like this idea of us voting early. While I‘m bothered by some people‘s posts already, I‘m having a hunch feeling on Farf for being a sort of mediator-only so far with her posts.
It‘s good to be engaging, so can‘t quite pinpoint what bothers me yet.
We analyzed posts to find the mafia, we built a core of people that were likely townie and lynched those outside of it. Though I was a mafia in that game.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
"Hungry-kun" and figured that i must be a prostitute.
Wasn't it an apprentice hint, i could swore it was a hint for apprentice being hungry for knowledge
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Couldn't scum tho claim det tho and say they used It on a non mafia partner, for me i don't see why mafia could claim that, i see it more as a rogue townie doing it as mafia usually go for safer option and it's easy to fake as all roles but one are revealed

Different thought process
Maybe at first, but they will eventually start tripping their results as they are fake, and if they try their luck faking results on DM, Traitor or TP they are dead meat. That will never happen with doc claims.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Maybe we see no reason for us personally to live longer? This is a team game. I generally call bs on town actions under the pretext of "I did it to save myself" instead of routing out the mafia. Det results will create better chances for everyone on the long run so I think its the best approach.

Doc protection is virtually impossible to prove or track in this game, so I expect better judgement on that action than "I had a hunch they were going to die~", I say just investigate to prove yourself later on and find actual successful lynches.
I see the benefit in not leaving the mafia with the impression they have free access to highly focused targets (or any target if other people would feel differently) and of course, I'll wonder things if those said targets have no qualms - if they have fundament or not. I don't know how else to make that clear, Lambs, honestly. I don't know why you're making this a case about how the use of a doctor role could confirm stuff since that was never the purpose of doctors. Again, feels like we're arguing for the sake of arguing at this point, most got what they would from our points.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Okay, first of all, i became a meme after my very first game when i said i was "Hungry" as a hint. It's when people called me "Hungry-kun" and figured that i must be a prostitute.

And, second of all, its not the only and not the first game where i died early. Or at least i think. I died early in the Fate game too. The only thing i got from your link is that i died early in Baccano. I have no idea why i died back then. I am shocked to know though that i have actually had the Mentor Role before though. :XD
Guys can you help me here?

I'm I imagining this or did Seraph reveal info once as TP and was lynched D1 for it?
Here is the game I found: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/mafia-game-87-baccano-end-game.3018086/

@Farfalla @Belserion @GrySun @Lambu You played this game did it happen?
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Rly? I imagine they'll go for det and claim so, won't discuss why tho, since you're the "ofc" guy you can realize the benefits I see in it.
Anyways, this argument is derailing alrdy.
You can see my point on this with my reply to Asako.

Also... "Ofc guy" :emobirb
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Guys can you help me here?

I'm I imagining this or did Seraph reveal info once as TP and was lynched D1 for it?
Here is the game I found: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/mafia-game-87-baccano-end-game.3018086/

@Farfalla @Belserion @GrySun @Lambu You played this game did it happen?
Won't lie, I don't recall things about that game and missed a part of what you and Sera have been discussing now. Could you make a summary of where you're going to and why to facilitate?
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Wasn't it an apprentice hint, i could swore it was a hint for apprentice being hungry for knowledge
Ding Ding, yes it was Asako, but people thought i must be a prostitute because of how i said it.

Anyway, just so i understand, Shad justifies suspicion on me today with me having died early in a game that happened 2 Years(!!!) ago. I've come across a lot of accusations and bogus cases build on me throughout these games but damn. This is the most ridiculous reason to bury me early on, despite being active, i've ever come across. Respects. :XD
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
I see the benefit in not leaving the mafia with the impression they have free access to highly focused targets (or any target if other people would feel differently) and of course, I'll wonder things if those said targets have no qualms - if they have fundament or not. I don't know how else to make that clear, Lambs, honestly. I don't know why you're making this a case about how the use of a doctor role could confirm stuff since that was never the purpose of doctors. Again, feels like we're arguing for the sake of arguing at this point, most got what they would from our points.
Im saying the opposite, doc proves nothing until it successfully protects, which is an unlikeliness, while dets are a safe value, theres nothing else to it in summary.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Im saying the opposite, doc proves nothing until it successfully protects, which is an unlikeliness, while dets are a safe value, theres nothing else to it in summary.
Yeah, cause the point of docs in here or in any game ain't to prove stuff. And the debate was never about the importance dets have in this game.
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Guys can you help me here?

I'm I imagining this or did Seraph reveal info once as TP and was lynched D1 for it?
Here is the game I found: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/mafia-game-87-baccano-end-game.3018086/

@Farfalla @Belserion @GrySun @Lambu You played this game did it happen?
I could've died for inactivity, lack of presence or simply messing up. I don't really remember this game, or rather it's particulars.

The most blasphemous things i've ever done in these games would be:

1. When i was Traitor once i sold out the entire Mafia i was supposed to win with instead of trying to join and win with them.

2. I claimed to be a Spy as a Mafia once, faked results and didn't tell my Team about that i was gonna do it. Brutal Lynch Discussion.

3. I sent my Mafia Team into their Deaths when i was Mafia Boss once, yes @MarmaladeSky, i'm still sorry about that.

Ironically these things were never intentionally, they did happen though. The Traitor thing was intentional though, i remember being pretty fucking pissed back then.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Imo it's better to say if you agree / disagree with people or not or to support their PoVs than give us no chance to make a read on you.
I know I disagree with the mass Detective suggestion, mostly because it exposes the devils on day 2, assuming we're going to demand results right away. Exposing the devils puts a target on them as they would be priority for Mafia kills. I'm currently back reading the points. It's a little slow going because I'm a bit busy but I'm here though.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
We analyzed posts to find the mafia, we built a core of people that were likely townie and lynched those outside of it. Though I was a mafia in that game.
How did you get a core of likely townies? Just based on participation or vote history?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I know I disagree with the mass Detective suggestion, mostly because it exposes the devils on day 2, assuming we're going to demand results right away. Exposing the devils puts a target on them as they would be priority for Mafia kills. I'm currently back reading the points. It's a little slow going because I'm a bit busy but I'm here though.
People could board the mass det plan and only disclose their findings later on in the game tho, those aren't exclusionary.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I don't know why you're making this a case about how the use of a doctor role could confirm stuff since that was never the purpose of doctors.
But doctor role previously never could decide to "be a det" instead, that's what he means and why you can't compare it to past games. So it's less the use of Doctor that confirms stuff, but the decision to forego stuff that can confirm things in favor of Doctor.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Guys can you help me here?

I'm I imagining this or did Seraph reveal info once as TP and was lynched D1 for it?
Here is the game I found: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/mafia-game-87-baccano-end-game.3018086/

@Farfalla @Belserion @GrySun @Lambu You played this game did it happen?
No that didn't happen afaik. I quickly checked back through the thread as a quick refresher.

Seraph hinted at a role. He was later made to reveal his role. His claimed role did not fit his hints. Then a townie claimed the same role Seraph claimed, an unlikely one to be 2 of(Bodyguard). Seraph was lynched.

No sort of slip happened in regards to his scum role, not that there's anything to slip up on with a D1 Mentor.

Maybe I missed something but not sure what you mean.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top