Games Mafia Game 103 - Chainsam Pan: End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,536
Reaction score
21,807
Gender
Female
Country
China

I thank you all for playing! It was an entertaining game to spectate. I hope most enjoyed the gameplay as well! Thank you to my fellow co-host @SirSamuel016 (and briefly @Farfalla) for providing the necessary support and inputs during the game! Once again thank you @Valhalla for the avatars! And most of all, congratulations mafia team (as the kids say nowadays) for copping the W! Also shoutouts to @GB for not speaking the truth once this game!

It was a simple but engaging experience. As you can see, the ???? was just another townie. In hindsight perhaps not as impactful but it was very omo seeing you all speculate over the identity of this mystery role. Unfortunately, in this sterile environment, we didn't get to trial the devil properly, as they both passed quickly. I think in special circumstances the potential is there, it is rather powerful in a more role-heavy comp. There are just enough secondaries for the psychiatrist to put IQ into analyzing their result (a difficult role to play in this game). Bomb's dominant strategy I think was somehow getting the mafia to kill them (feigning devil? 😈). Freeman... Died uncovered. And also came out quite early. If they had to die, that was probably the best time. The traitors deployed interesting strategies. Very exotic approach. Mafia overall played pretty decent; the first few nights town mislynched and only towards the mid-to-end did non-towns start perishing.

I am curious what you thought of the game and each other's performances! Was town too lazy? Was ???? too spicy? Did non-town play strong enough? Curious what you guys think of such role- and mechanicless comps ~

Once again, thank you, everyone! It was super spicy 👿 😈 🌶



​
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Does it reveal much to say one doesn‘t have a secondary in this game? It says more about other players rather than oneself.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Hm well without saying too much, the circumstance I am in, in the game I ask for protection, influences if I do so. Get what I mean?
True, which is why it doesnt have much substance.

I think its common sense that townie devils should use dets in the first days?
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Yeah Bel and DD are being extra safe in general, its more noticeable on DD cause he tends to speak a lot more.
True, kinda missing the typical DD randomness inbetween all that's going on.

Bel's always quiet on the first 1-2 Days though right? Or did she switch that up in recent games?
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
I think Farf and Pom also listed gnut as thinking as town. Kinda confuses me, he said practically nothing other than say he has no secondary.
Honestly he reminded me of last game gnut at the beginning of the day


Btw i been thinking about it but i also think that mass det couldn't be as good as what it sounds at first considering first of all, we don't know det sanity, second of all we don't know of there DM among all the vanilla townie, and i imagine there being one, third of all there boss

A mix between doc and det probably the best early game and for late game doc and hoe
At least what i currently think

And it's better that we say that devil will use doc considering at least they won't target people that usually get protection early game, mind gamess
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Sounds like me, but actually was not me, or well not that i remember. I spilled the beans before in a different situation and role but this was honestly nothing but an intro post for me. Let me live please :nerd
Seraph I'm not getting a good vibe from your second post.
It feels like a mix between trying to survive and being funny, not the way town go down in my opinion.


I find it weird that you will say it never happened, I don't believe you could have forgotten this.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I think its common sense that townie devils should use dets in the first days?
You rly don't see the difference between openly getting people to board that plan vs explaining the benefits of dets and leaving up to people so mafia works with uncertainty about protected targets?
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Love this lynch pic btw



And james one looks like boobs from the side
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Seraph I'm not getting a good vibe from your second post.
It feels like a mix between trying to survive and being funny, not the way town go down in my opinion.


I find it weird that you will say it never happened, I don't believe you could have forgotten this.
Dude, I'm most voted after a single post, hell yeah i'm trying to survive. And trying to be funny? Come on, look at my situation, accused for practically nothing.

And yeah, i do remember the Baccano Game but not why i died in it. It was in 2020 man. :oh
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Btw i been thinking about it but i also think that mass det couldn't be as good as what it sounds at first considering first of all, we don't know det sanity, second of all we don't know of there DM among all the vanilla townie
Sanity ain't as big of an issue as it could seem to be considering crosschecking info later on could clear that. Info you gotta work on with thrift is better than no info.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,664
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Seraph I'm not getting a good vibe from your second post.
It feels like a mix between trying to survive and being funny, not the way town go down in my opinion.


I find it weird that you will say it never happened, I don't believe you could have forgotten this.
What does the game link show? 🤔 Can you link the post itself? By clicking on the number in top right corner of the post.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Shad your memory is super, even tho i hosted that game i don't that seraph died D1 and i should remember it considering he was TP
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,664
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
You guys are legit odd '-'
If your only qualm is uncertainty, that is always a given when town plans. No matter what consensus is during the day, it doesn't mean a random town Devil doesn't decide he wants to protect X or block Y. I think it's weird you're hung up on this, as if us saying "all Devils use Det!" will make mafia think there are no Docs being used.
There being like, let's say, 4 Devils on town would maybe let us break the game already if they all investigate with non naive/paranoid sanity, so I think it's odd we wouldn't try and make use of this seemingly big advantage.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Bel's always quiet on the first 1-2 Days though right? Or did she switch that up in recent games?
Thats kind of irrelevant, its not a town behaviour and she's usually scum when this quiet.

Honestly he reminded me of last game gnut at the beginning of the day


Btw i been thinking about it but i also think that mass det couldn't be as good as what it sounds at first considering first of all, we don't know det sanity, second of all we don't know of there DM among all the vanilla townie, and i imagine there being one, third of all there boss

A mix between doc and det probably the best early game and for late game doc and hoe
At least what i currently think

And it's better that we say that devil will use doc considering at least they won't target people that usually get protection early game, mind gamess
By that logic det is never reliable?
The more det results we have the more results that can be compared with the psychiatrist's. Doc is not a bad option but it will be statistically harder to make it count early game than by stacking det results. If they hit the same target its not even a loss cause it could point out sanities early on.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,664
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
That said, must be pretty fun to be Devil this game, so much impact in theory. Not for the faint of heart lol.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
i do remember the Baccano Game but not why i died in it. It was in 2020 man. :oh
Dude why are you acting like it is normal to have forgotten about this.
You were literately memed about this for years, like it the first thing I think of when I read your name xD
It like me forgetting about that day I said: Top 10 anime betrayals

If you admited to it I would have had nothing against you but now, I'm kind of ok with your lynch.
You are high on my list now, let see what else happens in the next hours.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
If your only qualm is uncertainty, that is always a given when town plans. No matter what consensus is during the day, it doesn't mean a random town Devil doesn't decide he wants to protect X or block Y. I think it's weird you're hung up on this, as if us saying "all Devils use Det!" will make mafia think there are no Docs being used.
Hung up? I shared my thoughts on people commenting we should all use det, people argued, I explained further. If that's hung up...
I'm the opposite from you in this: I rather openly make them nervous than not.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
You rly don't see the difference between openly getting people to board that plan vs explaining the benefits of dets and leaving up to people so mafia works with uncertainty about protected targets?
I dont see the relevance there, stacking det results should give a better outcome in the long run, doc protections are lucky hunches that might or might not work, generally the second thing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ofc its up to them, but the fact is det results are more valuable. Im sure scum devils will claim having used doc so Im getting ready for that.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I dont see the relevance there, stacking det results should give a better outcome in the long run, doc protections are lucky hunches that might or might not work, generally the second thing.
Sure, I'll give you my second point of relevance since the moment I mentioned it to Marcie it wasn't clear enough it seems: in a single mafia party game (we don't know what the ??? is), I see the relevance in people that often die at night and hate it not caring about the low possibility of being protected. It's worth noting to me why wouldn't you guys be concerned, just that. Maybe you just don't fear it~ I also think that pushing people to leave town unprotected looks odd, and if you and Marcie feel differently - or will distort my words a second time to say I'm saying dets aren't critical - I'll leave you guys to that. I guess those were all my cents.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Im sure scum devils will claim having used doc so Im getting ready for that.
Rly? I imagine they'll go for det and claim so, won't discuss why tho, since you're the "ofc" guy you can realize the benefits I see in it.
Anyways, this argument is derailing alrdy.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Ofc its up to them, but the fact is det results are more valuable. Im sure scum devils will claim having used doc so Im getting ready for that.
Couldn't scum tho claim det tho and say they used It on a non mafia partner, for me i don't see why mafia could claim that, i see it more as a rogue townie doing it as mafia usually go for safer option and it's easy to fake as all roles but one are revealed

Different thought process
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top