Games Mafia Game 103 - Chainsam Pan: End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,539
Reaction score
21,812
Gender
Female
Country
China

I thank you all for playing! It was an entertaining game to spectate. I hope most enjoyed the gameplay as well! Thank you to my fellow co-host @SirSamuel016 (and briefly @Farfalla) for providing the necessary support and inputs during the game! Once again thank you @Valhalla for the avatars! And most of all, congratulations mafia team (as the kids say nowadays) for copping the W! Also shoutouts to @GB for not speaking the truth once this game!

It was a simple but engaging experience. As you can see, the ???? was just another townie. In hindsight perhaps not as impactful but it was very omo seeing you all speculate over the identity of this mystery role. Unfortunately, in this sterile environment, we didn't get to trial the devil properly, as they both passed quickly. I think in special circumstances the potential is there, it is rather powerful in a more role-heavy comp. There are just enough secondaries for the psychiatrist to put IQ into analyzing their result (a difficult role to play in this game). Bomb's dominant strategy I think was somehow getting the mafia to kill them (feigning devil? 😈). Freeman... Died uncovered. And also came out quite early. If they had to die, that was probably the best time. The traitors deployed interesting strategies. Very exotic approach. Mafia overall played pretty decent; the first few nights town mislynched and only towards the mid-to-end did non-towns start perishing.

I am curious what you thought of the game and each other's performances! Was town too lazy? Was ???? too spicy? Did non-town play strong enough? Curious what you guys think of such role- and mechanicless comps ~

Once again, thank you, everyone! It was super spicy 👿 😈 🌶



​
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,677
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Asako just moved from low chances of being mafia to high chances in my list.
Just to be clear, Asako already is tied to Gry since yesterday, so pulling a Mazino again with DD doesn't add any extra risk, in a way doing it today as well make her look consistent.



If both Mazino and DD are town, it doesn't matter which one you vote.
In fact it looks better if your hand is forced to vote a town.

Which is what you and your teammates where doing by getting Mazino to 3 votes.

The differnece between Gry and DD, is that DD is not being helped to survive, nobody looked like trying to save him except Lambu's vote.
DD also didn't switch his vote last second nor was his connected to do so, he was about to die and didn't even move his vote.
Similar to how Mazino died, town doesn't care about missing IRL stuff to make sure they survive no matter what.

You on the other hand Gry, Mazino voters have scum in them, they gave you a way out from a 3 man attack lunched on you.
And you did everything in your power to survive, which is not indicative of mafia or town, but missing end day is indicative of town and DD has that over you.
Just a lot of assumptions Shad. More likely to be Lambu and DD were the scum wanting me lynched. Not like it‘s unlikely that there were genuine townies in Mazino lynch with how he played, not sure why you think there have to be scum there.

I think you‘re being played by Lambu.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Shino maybe
Seraph is someone likely to shot himself in the foot so no
Gry if mafia, he be the biggest suspect when he alive the longer it goes, so just like seraph I'm just dooming myself as mafia if i were to be on his side for the long run
It's not a good option to do as mafia, I'm more likely to leave him to his own as mafia because he won't make it to end game

So only one i can agree that i could be on their side is shino as mafia
There's no flowery details on this Ko, you either defend scummy fellas or you dont, if you do that means you are a fishy profile, and highly likely dishonest.
That said you are not in for today's lynch for me, there's shadier characters around.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,677
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
BS, DD wasn't the lynch until GB voted him near the end.
The fact that you still kept watch when that happened made me thought "ok, DD might be town and this bastard is letting it occur". Your final vote over Mazino just confirmed the suspicion of you not caring about the lynch but about keeping your butt safe.
So what? I was clearly fine with the person I voted to be lynched, why does it matter if I voted DD a bit before GB or after? I don‘t follow your reasoning here. Should I have swapped away from DD because GB voted him? Why?
Again, explain to me slowly. How is it not caring about the lynch to not let yourself get lynched as town? I voted DD, DD was being lynched, I was fine with it and preferred him over Mazino.

You‘re just mad I wasn‘t careless and actually had a vote prepared to vote Mazino in case someone still locks me. Locking DD I would still die to a random voter on me, could only save myself from this mega cheap shot with Mazino.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
So no det results for Day 4? That would be unlucky.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Again, explain to me slowly. How is it not caring about the lynch to not let yourself get lynched as town? I voted DD, DD was being lynched, I was fine with it and preferred him over Mazino.
But you did not vote DD even if you prefered him over Mazino, thats the prominent lining of all of this. A town that wants to follow the correct lynch, cause they believe its the better option, would have just voted before or after GB voted, specially after.
But you did nothing, you simply looked cause both results were in reality the same to you, you only cared about your skin, your actions betray your claimed thought process.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I think you‘re being played by Lambu.
I started the day by listing the players I'm fine to be played by, because if they can play mafia this well, be active and go for kills on people they suspect, they deserve a win.

In contrast, I don't accept losing to you with this safe/passive playstyle.

Just a lot of assumptions Shad. More likely to be Lambu and DD were the scum wanting me lynched. Not like it‘s unlikely that there were genuine townies in Mazino lynch with how he played, not sure why you think there have to be scum there.
Not the first time you make this argument.
Last time you phrased it as: You start your reasoning by assuming Gry is mafia and you can make anybody look bad if you do that.

You are just plain wrong.

There is no other way to play vanilla than to make assumptions since there is no certainty of having Investigative Roles Results.
If we follow your logic, we should not accuse anybody in vanilla games since it based on assumptions.
And no I coudn't find a more likely scum than you even with assuming everybody was mafia.

This point is just bad stop making it.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Okay, farfy was a devil, this is bad.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'll backread and quote some posts.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Okay, farfy was a devil, this is bad.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'll backread and quote some posts.
Pom do you still think Gry is clean after yesterday's last seconds?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,677
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
But you did not vote DD even if you prefered him over Mazino, thats the prominent lining of all of this. A town that wants to follow the correct lynch, cause they believe its the better option, would have just voted before or after GB voted, specially after.
But you did nothing, you simply looked cause both results were in reality the same to you, you only cared about your skin, your actions betray your claimed thought process.
Are we in different realities? I voted DD.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Not the first time you make this argument.
Last time you phrased it as: You start your reasoning by assuming Gry is mafia and you can make anybody look bad if you do that.

You are just plain wrong.

There is no other way to play vanilla than to make assumptions since there is no certainty of having Investigative Roles Results.
If we follow your logic, we should not accuse anybody in vanilla games since it based on assumptions.
And no I coudn't find a more likely scum than you even with assuming everybody was mafia.

This point is just bad stop making it.
There‘s a difference between making assumptions to play mafia, and over-assuming, which is what you always end up doing. But you‘re right, I don‘t think I can get through to you no matter what. No matter how flawed Lambu‘s case on me not voting DD is, you‘ll be fine to be played by that. Aight.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Are we in different realities? I voted DD.
You had your vote placed on him but you did not pursuit his lynch at all, you were ok with Mazino's lynch till the bitter end.

!votekill digitaldude I think he was a bit too... "opportunistic" today? I don't like how seemingly easy he jumped on Shad's case.

May switch if I need to save myself.
--- Double Post Merged, Yesterday at 10:32 AM, Original Post Date: Yesterday at 10:32 AM ---
Conflicted on Mazino, he is clearly coasting by like when he was Mentor in a game I hosted, but not sure since he plays so rarely. I think I saw him be more active as town? Hm.
Then you respond to GB's question about "being ok with Mazino dying"

I'm fine with it, with any of the ones that post almost nothing. Main thing to Mazino is, it's unlikely we'll ever get more from him, he made it clear it's vanilla game and he can't do well in these. His thoughts when talking today were pretty barebones too. Do wish he was at least here, unless he's following secretly.
So much for someone that prefered DD over him.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
There‘s a difference between making assumptions to play mafia, and over-assuming, which is what you always end up doing. But you‘re right, I don‘t think I can get through to you no matter what. No matter how flawed Lambu‘s case on me not voting DD is, you‘ll be fine to be played by that. Aight.
It isn't flawed, it just incomplete and that is to be expected in mafia game, since it game of incomplete information.

It like Dota Fog of War, you see sniper farming Mid and everybody is missing, you should assume they are 3 people behind him.

What matters is first I agree with Lambu's logic, second the few thing we can say for sure about you based on your vote and playstyle are consistent.

So saying that I'm over assuming doesn't negate the fact that Statistically speaking you are the highest scum.
Does that mean you are scum? No because it a game of incomplete information.
Does that mean I will let you live because there is a small chance you are not mafia? No because the best play is to lynch the person with the highest chance, even if you can be wrong sometimes, it just how statistic works.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
That said, for the sake of information we have to ask @digitaldude now.

Do you have anything to share with us?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,677
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
You had your vote placed on him but you did not pursuit his lynch at all, you were ok with Mazino's lynch till the bitter end.



Then you respond to GB's question about "being ok with Mazino dying"



So much for someone that prefered DD over him.
So what should I do other than vote him? Tag people to vote DD? I was fine with either one being lynched, but I voted DD not Mazino because I preferred DD. Acknowledging Mazino could be scum is completely unrelated.

Like you were „pursing“ my lynch at all, rather than go for a cheap shot provided to you by Shad and DD.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
I knew Farf will die before me, which is why I spent the time writing this post and updating the vote viewer for D2.

-----------
This is based only on vote analyzes it doesn't include other factors.

Objectively best town ever
Shad


Town, if not I don't mind losing to
Farfalla
GB
Lambu
Gnut


Will explain more later why these guys votes have looks town.

Inconclusive Read

Belserion

Day 1: Placeholder vote on Mazino
Day 2: Says she won't be here for the rest of the phase, votes Pom while giving a good enough reason.

Notes on Belserion
Currently the lowest post count, but her posts didn't trigger any alarm.

Lady pompom
Day 1: Put a placeholder vote on Seraph but said later she didn't know he already had a vote, making seraph the first person with 2 votes.
She then locks Shinobi another unconfirmed player before james reveals to be freeman.
Day 2: Votes Mazino and saves Gry, in her post voting Mazino she doesn't say what she voted him, instead she says she still distrust Shad and GB

Notes on Lady pompom
Unlikely theory: Seraph being cool while james was freaking out believing it will be a death match between him and seraph (both had 2 votes) could be because Seraph had a teammate vote on him and knew it won't stay (Pom's vote), but seraph also had his own vote to use to break the tie.

I just remembered while thinking about Pom that she always distrusts Shad, previous game we were both town and she spent all game trying to kill me every day, and reluctantly let it go after many days, so between her Love for Gry and her 'Hate' for Shad, it can explain saving Gry and Shading shad in the post about Voting Mazino, this is why Inconclusive.

Minor Scum Read

Asako
Day 1: Early Placeholder vote on Belserion
Day 2: Voted Mazino First because 'in case I don't wake up to vote', then left her vote on him even tho many of us were doubting Mazino was scum in the last hour, only redeemed by showing up in the last hour, a scum may prefer to just lay low as they already sneaked a first placeholder vote on a town.

Notes on Asako
Unlikely theory is that she is possibly scum with Gry, as she expressed doubts about Mazino being scum but still didn't change her vote, can be explained by her teammate Gry having 2 unmovable votes, only way out is to stick on Mazino.
She also voted Mazino after I started mentioning how absent he was, voting somebody absent is a safe move for mafia.

Medium Scum Read

Seraph
D1: Votes Lambu because why not, this can be considered a placeholder vote #345.
D2: Placeholder vote on DD in case he doesn't comeback and spoiler alert he didn't come back.

Notes on Seraph
He sneakly defended Shinobi here #438
And Shinobi defended him here #379
Outside very few posts where he tags player with an irelevent question like: @X @Y @Z what up? And one or two jabs at Lambu, he is only talking about himself.

Shinobi
D1: Placeholder vote on Tatsu, she lied tho in her explanation D2 about what happened #310
She says that she didn't vote marm, james and seraph even tho she was being treatened, looking at the vote replay, at no moment was she less than 2 votes away from the highest lynch, she never had to save herself by voting somebody, if she needed to save her self she would have as she stated that she was online at the end of the day. this post is just pure lie.
D2: She votes Pompom for threatening her the Day before and for defending Gry.



She then write this next voting post, without interacting with anybody after the above post, she just decided on her own without waiting for a reply from pompom.



After all? Care to explain what happened in your head to settle on pompom?

Notes on Shinobi

Seraph sneakly defended Shinobi here #438
And Shinobi defended Seraph here #379

Between Gry and DD one is mafia the other isn't

DigitalDude
Day 1: Votes James, when asked if he was online at the end of the day, his answer was that he was too shocked by the freeman reveal to make a move, in a way it is understandable but shows he wasn't ready to vote somebody else, maybe he felt confortable being the first voter of james and didn't expect to have to move his vote, especially since another town was getting lynched anyway, since he knew marm was town, he didn't want to join the fray on her either.

Day 2: He was the only one that supported publicly my call and voted Gry, the last time DD supported me in anything was in the Civ Game 96, he joined my town madness and won the game as mafia.

GrySun
Day 1: Voted Farfalla and then locked shinobi getting her to 2 locked votes, but he only made this move after everybody else voted and Marm was already at 4 votes, he voted 1 minute before the day end when questioned about it he said that he discussed with pom to switching to a low poster but I coudn't find this post, even if it exists, it still a useless vote, when questioned about this, he said he is not playing at 100% (Busy IRL, just reading from phone).

Day 2: He made weak accusations against Farf and maybe 1 or 2 more people but I dont remember who and he didn't pressure or felt convinced by his own accusations, he then joined the thread in the morning and his only intention was to not die to my lock and DD's vote, his only concern was self preservation while not attacking anybody, his vote on DD was not because of the usual Town Gry Pressure or Tactics or Reading people as mafia, it was a response to DD's vote on him. He is playing passivly, not making moves as Gry would as town.
I agree that defeding Gry makes us both suspicious, but I'm not mafia. Your read is correct here that I did this some other past games, one of those last games I did distrust you, you're like lambu 2.0 that's guilty until proven innocent, but I do trust you more today. I told my suspicions on shinobi, and after seeing some results I started distrust Seraph too (though in D1 I didn't really see anything off about him). Bel, DD and GB are strange too. Those are mostly gut feelings and how they're behaving in general being so cautious when 2 devils already died, GB also helped Marm lynch. By today Devils shoould start sharing results because it's looking bad for town and we need sustenance for some arguments.

About Asako and Gry, I distrust them too, but I'm often confused in those games about allegiance and can't make up my mind which is why mafia leaves me for the latest kills. More likely you, lambu or gry would die first of you're town.

I didn't want to decrease the number of ppl to search from, but I'll tell I don't have any secondary role, if any devil or psychiatrist used their pawa on me, know that.

Pom do you still think Gry is clean after yesterday's last seconds?
I don't know, I still don't trust you, but at least Shad looks cleaner in my eyes today. I believe either both you and Gry are town or one of you is mafia. DD, Bel and GB are high in my suspect book, between lynches and not talking too much. I need to read some more posts and see if I can find suspicious moves.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
So what should I do other than vote him? Tag people to vote DD? I was fine with either one being lynched, but I voted DD not Mazino because I preferred DD. Acknowledging Mazino could be scum is completely unrelated.

Like you were „pursing“ my lynch at all, rather than go for a cheap shot provided to you by Shad and DD.
If I was scum I had no reason to do that and try save a now confirmed Town, please :lmao
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
I'll be busy today, but will try to read Farfy's posts and make up some theories or possible suspect list with more elaborate thoughts.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Gry lynch is the safest we could have, I hope people catches up, contrasts info and gets to the same point.

No, Im vanilla townie. And you?
Im vanilla too, but if so why are you playing so reserved this game?

DD is a now confirmed town? Where?
Im speaking about Mazino, he was in the chopping block for a long time till GB voted with roughly 2 minutes left in the timer. Actively spoke about not wanting his lynch and you did not adress me on it, despite "agreeing" according to you now, you simply did not care.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,677
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
You ok with Mazino lynch Gry? Why him over others?
I'm fine with it, with any of the ones that post almost nothing. Main thing to Mazino is, it's unlikely we'll ever get more from him, he made it clear it's vanilla game and he can't do well in these. His thoughts when talking today were pretty barebones too. Do wish he was at least here, unless he's following secretly.
He's not replying huh
you did not adress me on it
Lambu you are aaaallll over the place. None of this is coherent.

You just asking people doesn‘t mean you were defending Mazino, else you would‘ve voted earlier. Same argument you use on me applies to you with „letting things happen“. I voiced myself on Mazino, but did not want to change my vote. I wasn‘t that strong on DD to yell at people not to lynch Mazino, he could have been scum and it was unlikely he would ever be more active, so I was fine with majority lynching him.

You deflecting from your scummy snipe attempt by stumbling over your own posts is really looking poor.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top