Games Mafia Game 105 - Solo Leveling - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,095
Gender
Female
Country
France
Hi guys so here are our night actions tab and thought process for the game.

First the tab:



Following the "level up" idea from our theme we wanted to give players the opportunity to level up throughout the game thanks special objects they would find in dungeons. However finding many level up ideas for every role was complicated. Also given our small number of players we decided to make everyone start as vanilla to give the mechanics more impact and push players to go into dungeons. We simplified the dungeons's objects idea by deciding that it would be simpler to just have dungeons that allowed to level up (because there were strong monsters in it that gave lots of xp lol) and dungeons that didn't.

Dungeons were as followed
D1 dungeonsD2 dungeonsD3 dungeonsD4 dungeons
Busan (dud)Pekin (secondaries)New York (roles)Sao paulo (dud)
Seoul (roles)Tokyo (roles)Bamako (buff)Valencia (dud)
Daegu (roles)Singapour (roles)Canberra (dud)Tunis (roles)

On D1 we put a dud dungeon but didn't expect HALF the players to choose it, + one who forgot to send + one of the four remaining died D1. So only 3 people with a role on N1. We expected it to be at least 5 or 6.
Which is why we had put a necromancer and an apprentice in the role list thinking they would have much to do and choose from as the game went on. (They didn't 😭)

As for the roles, we made a list beforehand and randomized it with the player list. Thus, everyone had a role waiting for them, all they had to do was enter the right dungeons.
This is what each of you was bound to get:
Asako - Necromancer
DD - Sane spy
Erinyes - hider
Brandish µ - prosecutor
Gajeel - Insane apprentice (who then became sane)
Lady pompom - Sane doc
GrySun - Paranoid det

Belserion - M. Det
Baka Taichou - Escort
Shad - Poisoner
We also had ideas for second level ups for each. But appart from Gajeel no one leveled up twice.

On D2 rather than a dud we put a secondaries dungeon which is weaker but still useful. We had a thought up list of secondaries and randomized the list with the player that entered the dungeon. No premade association player x secondary.

On D3 we once again put a dud and wanted to have fun by adding a buff dungeon that allowed for a double action. It may seem too OP, but in Mafia game there is game, and we wanted to see how all the double actions would cross each other and maybe create interesting game situations. In the end the buff was only useful to mafia.

On D4 with such few players remaining and everyone having a role or a secondary, only one dungeon was legit (and no one entered it).

That's it for the explanations we wanted to give, feel free to ask any question. Any constructive feedback or criticism is accepted !

(Also my wording might make it seem like we took decisions on the go as the game went on, but no, most of it was thought out before the game started and then we navigated and adjusted things as phases passed.)

 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Who could be the last mafia anyway, who is connected to bel and baka? and how was a kill prevented...
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I assume it was added because of the theme, at least my thought currently
I'm not up to date on solo leveling (I may have read a bit when it first came out, but I tend to drop stuff when the hype get out of hand), can you say more about this point?
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Just judging based on the votes it has be asako as the last mafia.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
I'm not up to date on solo leveling (I may have read a bit when it first came out, but I tend to drop stuff when the hype get out of hand), can you say more about this point?
oops spoilers, I forgot it wasn't from the beginning
jin woo main powers eventually becomes necromancer powers, he basically a one man army because of it, why he keeps going solo to level up, he doesn't need anyone else when you're the army yourself
I guess you really didn't read much of it as I believe it was known in the first half of the story (25 chapters maybe I forgot)
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
I give up, I lost hope after reading Asako's post lol. I'm Apprentice, targetted Taichou night 2 and Asako night 3 with the hope of becoming the fourth mafia in my head. I think I was originally Sane Apprentice then upgraded to Insane Apprentice? (I got the same role after the second level up). Let's just put an end to this game:

!vote kill Asako
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
MAFIA (WO)MAN?
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I give up, I lost hope after reading Asako's post lol. I'm Apprentice, targetted Taichou night 2 and Asako night 3 with the hope of becoming the fourth mafia in my head. I think I was originally Sane Apprentice then upgraded to Insane Apprentice? (I got the same role after the second level up). Let's just put an end to this game:

!vote kill Asako
The heck, sane then insane, why not the opposite.
What are you gonna get if you enter a donjon a 3rd time, you may turn into a Mentor :toc

With insane apprentice that will put us at 4 mafia Vs 6, I didn't believe the traitor theory because of the high number of scum in a 10 player game.

Never had this role, what do you think of the game balance?
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
The heck, sane then insane, why not the opposite.
Insane Apprentice is an upgrade of the Sane Apprentice no matter how you look at it, so it would make more sense. Granted an Insane Apprentice is a role that can turn the tables, but that goes both ways. You can confirm a townie like you can become a scum with it, so it's double-edged. So unless the hosts are trolling me by just giving me the exact same sanity as a level up, I believe I'm an Insane Apprentice.

I can't tell you about the game balance, considering the size of it and the mechanics we have.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,248
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
@Gajeel so its possible that Bran is an apprentice too, that would explain why he didnt go into another dungeon ? if not apprentice something similar, or belonging to the same family of roles, since he went in the same dungeon.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
@Lady pompom since you used sickly on Erinyes, what your position now on her after today's events?
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
@Gajeel so its possible that Bran is an apprentice too, that would explain why he didnt go into another dungeon ? if not apprentice something similar, or belonging to the same family of roles, since he went in the same dungeon.
I have no clue honestly. This game is hard to grasp mechanic-wise. Perhaps, another effect adding role like you're saying. We'll have to wait for him to see
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
vote kill asako no other suspects are emerging I think we can afford to be wrong once, maybe I can use spy again though I think mafia will kill me now.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
yea, agree so meh
I still wanna know tho who will be the one you guys will go after me, for me my opinion is currently still on gajeel
But I wanna know what other people are thinking about the current mafia, me not included as I'm probably today lynch, I mean after


my only regret if I m lynched is the fact I can't continue my blue journey

it sucks ass that we don't have any protection or a hoe, u can say hider is a protection role but no not really, it's only useful when it's not known you're hider early game, not much use for late game for townie


oh and before I forget, votekill gajeel


my last advice is, don't be overconfident just because everything going well, red flag for townie as seen by many games in the past...or my trauma :lmao
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
@Lady pompom since you used sickly on Erinyes, what your position now on her after today's events?
Ifeel awfully sick, but I will try checking Asako’s posts, Erin claim sounds believable, but I would consider her still being a poisoner or so and delaying the kill to feign hider role, at this point I’m more inclined to vote koko.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The think with people gaining same role in a dungeon bugs me, though.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Asako mind sharing your roles now that you are on the chop chop block?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I think you never said which roles you have, I am just a plain townie, so my superpowers are the sneeze. But you had a role before leveling up, right, @Asako ?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Welp, for now, Votekill Asako.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
??? i did already say???

D1 vanilla
D2 necro
D3 necro + secondary role that i don't feel like saying
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Would be pretty funny if Shad is actually the last scum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top