Sam u fed my ego enough this game you can stop, i would not have ever dared to claim second avenger like that because i didnt think it was even possible with this setup since we had a bomb...thats a lot of fire power but it is what it is
Sam u fed my ego enough this game you can stop, i would not have ever dared to claim second avenger like that because i didnt think it was even possible with this setup since we had a bomb...thats a lot of fire power but it is what it is
Hey I'm not glazing you, I'm just wary of you because I've been on the receiving end of plays of that nature from you before so I know what you're capable of
Just over 4 hours to go and it feels like things have progressed nowhere in what is likely a survive or lose scenario...
James, Style, Teub, Nash, Lawl; there's two, maybe three, scums in this group. Four dodgy protectives and a wannabe marvel fan
James, Styl, or Teubs would be how I'd reduce the pool of consideration for today's lynch but if anyone thinks Nash or Lawl should go into that pool of three for someone else then make your case? It would be in our best interests to consolidate things rather than leave it so wide open with five (or more) names being considered.
Well, I know my take on Lawl might seem farfetched but that’s where I’d go right now.
But given how little votes have been used, I can’t help but wait. I could do a votekill but it wouldn't amount to much. I reserve my lock for once there has been some risks taken by others... which might not even happen at this pace.
This is lowkey the most frustrating day phase I’ve encountered since I started playing.
Not really how I want to end my experience as a mafia gamer.
Well, I know my take on Lawl might seem farfetched but that’s where I’d go right now.
But given how little votes have been used, I can’t help but wait. I could do a votekill but it wouldn't amount to much. I reserve my lock for once there has been some risks taken by others... which might not even happen at this pace.
This is lowkey the most frustrating day phase I’ve encountered since I started playing.
Not really how I want to end my experience as a mafia gamer.
I mean, it is an option, and I think it has merit but I am unsure if it is safest option right now given we likely lose from a mislynch if they have 3. If they have 2 then good protection selection is imperative.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And what do you mean end your experience? Retirement? Nooooo
Sorry for being a dodgy protective btw.
Maybe I was one night too early protecting Sam.
I certainly missed on an opportunity night 2 when I chose, I can say it now since now since I won’t be playing again, DD who is my choice by default when I don’t know who else to target, him being Sifu and all.
And obviously not doing anything night 3 is the worst. At this point I was so out of the game, didn’t even think about it, was sure I would fail anyway.
I didn’t matter during game 139 as a Doctor, I barely did well during game 140 as a necromancer. Thank god I was bomb last game, but even then I never exploded on anyone’s (mafia) face.
So I’m pretty bummed out. A fitting end though.
In case my dream divination is correct, here's what the dream offered as info:
There are 2 mafia members still alive. One of them is an older woman who was acting nice but in actuality was hiding their frown behind false smiles named Meredith. The other is an unnamed German speaking gentleman whose name and face I could not see because he was the one tieing me down from behind.
I think my dream is telling me the remaining 2 maf members are Nash and James. I will now forget all about the dream and continue in reality, but if in the end those two were the remaining maf I'd like to class change to fortune teller or seer, thanks.
Sorry for being a dodgy protective btw.
Maybe I was one night too early protecting Sam.
I certainly missed on an opportunity night 2 when I chose, I can say it now since now since I won’t be playing again, DD who is my choice by default when I don’t know who else to target, him being Sifu and all.
And obviously not doing anything night 3 is the worst. At this point I was so out of the game, didn’t even think about it, was sure I would fail anyway.
I didn’t matter during game 139 as a Doctor, I barely did well during game 140 as a necromancer. Thank god I was bomb last game, but even then I never exploded on anyone’s (mafia) face.
So I’m pretty bummed out. A fitting end though.
Pick yourself up off of the ground, Tubs. Everyone has good games and bad games but what really matters is how you roll with the punches, adapt, learn, and grow. No two experiences are the same either so its always going to be something new and challenging that you're confronted with.
Player to player, so what about the previous nights and previous games? Maybe you're mafia or maybe you're not, but as a player there is still something that you can do and learn from yeah? So imo, stop being sorry for yourself and drop the retirement arc nonsense because you're capable of more but you've just got to be kind to yourself and put your faith in yourself and your reads- that is all we ask of each other as MG players. Put your best foot forward and enjoy yourself.
There are 2 mafia members still alive. One of them is an older woman who was acting nice but in actuality was hiding their frown behind false smiles named Meredith. The other is an unnamed German speaking gentleman whose name and face I could not see because he was the one tieing me down from behind.
When Marm flipped town, I started to have a crisis of faith and thought "oh, Gry must be evil, plus everyone who was on the gry lynch wagon are people I feel I can trust more than the people who joined me on the Marm wagon. I must right this wrong, and protect my fellow Gry crusader, Teub. If I was evil gry I'd think Teub has outlived his usefulness, plus maybe I save him as he protects someone else, win win."
Needless to say, Gry flipping town this morning made me accept that I don't know shit. Definitely added to the mental load of having to reestablish my reads for the 4th time this game hahaha.
With every flip we come closer to having to accept that, although not every claim there can be right, the game definitely doesn't follow a normal balance of info and non-info roles. At that point, getting stuck on predicting the roles in play seems like a worse option than moving to social reads.
You forgot the Bulletproof from Marm.
This is a Panda game.
Not a single investigative role.
Not the first time he has done such a theme.
Go with the times, Sam.
Time to reveal your role btw.
Nah, at this point I prefer the world where you are the hider, I'd like to think that when you've emphatically shared with us 33 times that you aren't lying and for once am trying to play things out in the open, even if that wasn't the optimal play, that we can actually believe you.
What also gives me pause is the second bodyguard, Tueb. He claimed that the first hint he gave was irrelevant to his roleset but I'm actually doubting that now.
I will admit, someone saying "disregard my first hint" does worry me a lot fundamentally. It sorta beats the entire point of hinting, and is a bit of a cop out. Now, mind you, Teub did specifically say "anyone who guesses my role based entirely on my second hint" d1, and never really responded to my question of "should we just magically forget your first hint then?", so in my eyes that knocks the feasibility of the first hint being a meme up from 'lmao no' to 'okay, could be reasoned'.
If we have a normal kill maf and a poisoner maf, aren't we quite short on kills? Doesn't that mean that we collectively may have protected quite a few more people than we thought? After all, the killcount should be 5 by now then, + 1 townkill. Instead we're on 3.
I think the existence of poisoner positions two town docs as extremely unlikely. Neither can block a poisoner kill, but bodyguards could take the kill for someone else.
If there are two mafia killers rolling around in a sea of protections the poisoner makes it so that the protection roles don't slow the game down too much should they succeed in protecting the correct roles, maybe?
"Hey Nash, we can't read your friend from another community well, what's your take on their play?"
"Oh yeah, his behavior is pretty in-line with his town play, I've seen enough of his games to feel confident in my greencheck"
"Damn, that's some blind faith right there."
If her answer was "Oh this is perfectly in line with when he plays evil" I don't think you'd have been as hesitant in her judgement and already voted me up, funny.
I've done that before as host. Populated a role list with a bunch of new roles and consequently added 0 of them to the game, since I wanted to create the illusion of a bunch of wacky new roles being in without actually getting bogged down by whether they were balanced sufficiently heh.
I'll look over what people have posted again and give my general idea of who I think we should put on a very large stake and display outside of town as an example.
I was being tied to a wooden chair in a dank basement of a hotel in a warm coastal city.
It was not the sort of environment conductive to pegging. Especially since the chair would very much be in the way. Also, the woman was wearing a full ballgown. Smh.
I was being tied to a wooden chair in a dank basement of a hotel in a warm coastal city.
It was not the sort of environment conductive to pegging. Especially since the chair would very much be in the way. Also, the woman was wearing a full ballgown. Smh.
When Marm flipped town, I started to have a crisis of faith and thought "oh, Gry must be evil, plus everyone who was on the gry lynch wagon are people I feel I can trust more than the people who joined me on the Marm wagon. I must right this wrong, and protect my fellow Gry crusader, Teub. If I was evil gry I'd think Teub has outlived his usefulness, plus maybe I save him as he protects someone else, win win."
Needless to say, Gry flipping town this morning made me accept that I don't know shit. Definitely added to the mental load of having to reestablish my reads for the 4th time this game hahaha.
Hmmm so you figured he'd make the right call on a protection and dec Not that I approve of the protection choice as I think one of the two of you really should've thought to protect Brand, Erin, or Gry, but the logic is at least consistent from you so that is something.
With every flip we come closer to having to accept that, although not every claim there can be right, the game definitely doesn't follow a normal balance of info and non-info roles. At that point, getting stuck on predicting the roles in play seems like a worse option than moving to social reads.
I hear you but I also disagree with you. I simply cannot believe that there are this many roles like that in the game, and think that some of you have to be lying. I accept that this is definitely a deviation from more typical structures but this is still a LOT.
I will admit, someone saying "disregard my first hint" does worry me a lot fundamentally. It sorta beats the entire point of hinting, and is a bit of a cop out. Now, mind you, Teub did specifically say "anyone who guesses my role based entirely on my second hint" d1, and never really responded to my question of "should we just magically forget your first hint then?", so in my eyes that knocks the feasibility of the first hint being a meme up from 'lmao no' to 'okay, could be reasoned'.
Yeah, that combined with the targeting and behaviour gives me some doubt about aspects of Teubs. Its a difficult situation because in isolation he might be okay to let slide again for now, but this is a critical lynch so we've got to be thorough and I only have more doubt when I consider him against others like you or James I'm getting a headache too so I'm struggling
It's really hard to find trust in the circle. Let's start at the top though.
I'm just accepting that Brandish is out of my suspect list permanently. If all of this was one big play so he could claim apprentice and get away with it he deserves to win as maf.
Next down my trust list is Teub and Nash. Both of them for similar reasons. Like I said in my previous post, if Nash was playing all of that up just to have fake claimed one more time we're going to have trust issues. Similarly, if Teub is acting dejected and on the verge of retirement as a ploy, we're going to have trust issues. There are plays you do, and there are plays you don't, because those latter plays are low-key sociopathic and you're among friend.
Ofc you could be telling the truth and just be Mafia-burned out, but you could also be roleplaying to get our sympathies and not vote you. God knows, I used desperate shameless acting, clutching to other player's ankles with tears in my eyes, plenty times to convince others to not lynch me.
After this is James, I felt pretty good about his takes all game, but I will admit that he hasn't been playing as dominantly as in last game, which is starting to shake my faith a little bit.
Next down is both Lawl and Sam. Lawl did quite a bit of work for that Marm lynch, and I haven't felt hugely great by his answers to my questions when I had them previously. A bit evasive. Alongside that, the fact Sam is keen to lynch within the protection roles seems like a narrative that has been established over time. "Surely the protection roles can't all be right" says Sam, buttering up future mislynches, as it becomes increasingly clearer that it might actually be the truth.
I will admit, I've entered full vibe read territory, and my hitrate for vibereads when I barely know the people isn't great, but here we are. Also, remind me, did Sam claim their role yet?
Hmmm so you figured he'd make the right call on a protection and dec Not that I approve of the protection choice as I think one of the two of you really should've thought to protect Brand, Erin, or Gry, but the logic is at least consistent from you so that is something.
If you thought that was bad, wait until you hear about my town-killing game, where I got given a gun and as many shots as I'd liked (it was a role madness game) and I ended up shooting 3 townies before a conversion to a neutral role took my shooting ability away. I was convinced I was right every single shot.
In my defense role madness games are very hard to get a proper read on, as per the madness part, hahahaha.
I will admit, I've entered full vibe read territory, and my hitrate for vibereads when I barely know the people isn't great, but here we are. Also, remind me, did Sam claim their role yet?
After this is James, I felt pretty good about his takes all game, but I will admit that he hasn't been playing as dominantly as in last game, which is starting to shake my faith a little bit.
Well, last game with Mason Recruiter I had more of an agenda. Figuring out who I can recruit without suiciding myself, Nash being a filthy starting Mafia Mason, the unease of if I got tricked by Teubier, the Illusion mechanic that kept all the dead in the game. There was a lot more going on.
Now?
Now I can just protect each night and I don't even know if my action matters or not. As Recruiter I could see results. As Doc, right now, I can't.
Makes it difficult to make decisions because anyone could be lying to me and manipulate me.
Well, last game with Mason Recruiter I had more of an agenda. Figuring out who I can recruit without suiciding myself, Nash being a filthy starting Mafia Mason, the unease of if I got tricked by Teubier, the Illusion mechanic that kept all the dead in the game. There was a lot more going on.
Now?
Now I can just protect each night and I don't even know if my action matters or not. As Recruiter I could see results. As Doc, right now, I can't.
Makes it difficult to make decisions because anyone could be lying to me and manipulate me.
Yeah I feel ya, I find this format to be better for play (less reliant on mechanics) but in my home community, you get told whether your healing actually got used and whether it protected someone. Therefore, not only would you know whether you're an illusion the moment you tried using your ability and the hosts would say "you tried using an ability you didn't have and it failed", but a succesful protect would give you the notif of "you succesfully protected your target from 2 attacks" or something.
The feedback makes play a little less convoluted, meaning that you can have faith in your own abilities at least, but you lose the charm of this community's added level of complexity of needing to verify what it is you yourself do alongside that of others. Someone can be wrong and still be good, instead of it being an instant out. It's pretty cool.
Next down my trust list is Teub and Nash. Both of them for similar reasons. Like I said in my previous post, if Nash was playing all of that up just to have fake claimed one more time we're going to have trust issues. Similarly, if Teub is acting dejected and on the verge of retirement as a ploy, we're going to have trust issues. There are plays you do, and there are plays you don't, because those latter plays are low-key sociopathic and you're among friend.
I had an anxiety fit that lasted two hours after tricking Farf & Juv, but particularly Farf last game at the end when I pranked them as the last mafia standing.
So no, that’s not something even physically possible for me.
Sorry for being a dodgy protective btw.
Maybe I was one night too early protecting Sam.
I certainly missed on an opportunity night 2 when I chose, I can say it now since now since I won’t be playing again, DD who is my choice by default when I don’t know who else to target, him being Sifu and all.
And obviously not doing anything night 3 is the worst. At this point I was so out of the game, didn’t even think about it, was sure I would fail anyway.
I didn’t matter during game 139 as a Doctor, I barely did well during game 140 as a necromancer. Thank god I was bomb last game, but even then I never exploded on anyone’s (mafia) face.
So I’m pretty bummed out. A fitting end though.
Yeah, thats the norm experience though.
Basically your role expectations barely ever actually play out.
For example, I was once a sane Det but believe it or not, the whole game I only targeted townies over and over and over again. 5 times or more in a row I kept getting the same result back. I thought I must be naive before I realized that the doc who had kept me safe the whole time was the last person I hadn't checked. Turned out he was a Mafia faking doc.
That was before Mafia Doc and many other roles were a thing.
Or Bodyguards tend to often survive the most despite their role of dying for others. And don't get me started on Bomb defusers, poor bastards. In all these years I think I can count the instances they actually disabled a bomb role on one hand missing a couple fingers. XD
So yeah, don't let it get to you. Hardly anyone gets to fulfill their role's purpose.
Yeah I feel ya, I find this format to be better for play (less reliant on mechanics) but in my home community, you get told whether your healing actually got used and whether it protected someone. Therefore, not only would you know whether you're an illusion the moment you tried using your ability and the hosts would say "you tried using an ability you didn't have and it failed", but a succesful protect would give you the notif of "you succesfully protected your target from 2 attacks" or something.
The feedback makes play a little less convoluted, meaning that you can have faith in your own abilities at least, but you lose the charm of this community's added level of complexity of needing to verify what it is you yourself do alongside that of others. Someone can be wrong and still be good, instead of it being an instant out. It's pretty cool.
In a Detective Conan forum where I first got into contact with Mafia as a game there had the mechanic of each character having items. So some characters could steal or swap out items and that would give you clues or confuse others. Like if you get glasses it could be Conan but could also be another character from the manga who's evil. It was an interesting mechanic that worked well due the many different looking characters in the series.
I get why doc and some other roles have no feedback. Being able to tell "I protected someone last night" when clearly nobody died is a powerful tool after all. If Mafia had more ways of faking feedback then maybe Docs could also gain feedback but for now this is the system that we work with. And it has worked for years.