Games Mafia Game 87 - Baccano! - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
WHERE DID THIS MEME COME FROM?
From statisitics :lmao
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Lambu after rereading our posts again, I didn’t like how I called you names so I’m very sorry for that. You kinda forced me to tho but it’s a game and I shouldn’t have gone that far, I hope you forgive me.
No one forces anyone to be insulted in return, that's not how it works. You chose to go this route yourself, but I am happy you reviewed your posts and came to that conclusion to say you're sorry.

It's a hard skill to learn to not overreact and resort to bad language, but it is necessary for a healthy community. Let's all try playing together in a way that we can look each other in the eyes still after.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Quick personal notes on players this game:

Organizized - absolutely crazy. Traitor performances overall lately have been really good(sans scav), starting with a town role helps tremendously in our games where claiming roles is such a big factor. But regardless of that you didn't just stop at Seraph, you played very pro-town in many phases. Only thing bothering me about you and gnut was that you never died as BGs, but had the game continued after sakura gets RT killed I'm not sure who I would've lynched before you. Probably only ones I'd trust above you were gnut and DD. Scary player if you had more time, looking forward to when you play again either when I play or host.

Evil3ye - disgusting what they did to you. Uhh.. maybe more luck next time?

Copy Panda - Ultra spice to get Pirate then immediately call out your target and die N1. What made you go for Hardy exactly, iirc not much was hinted or known D1. In the end mafia's numbers were low and you hit basically their main powerhouse role, so dying to cast suspicion on him was very worth it.

Shad -


Goodboy - I'm sure you had good results with your 2 nights, shame they got you. Probably tanked the Mafia Det hax.

SirSamuel016 - For full redemption I'll want another game, but good stuff regardless. Shame the cointoss didn't go your way, would've probably lynched Gajeel had you killed Seraph, or they'd have bandwagoned DD.

sakura-aneki - You made me doubt you like 100 times. Many things pointed you as scum but the way you talk is really convincing as a townie sakura. You'd be such a great mafia if you only ironed out the inconsistencies, which I'm sure you yourself already are aware of. Never give up! Though yeah it'd be nicer if your playstyle as town and mafia changed away from the sakura that gets very upset at being misunderstood/accused, as this is a lying game and we all need to stomach things that could be said and done. Even if the outbursts are faked I'm not a huge fan of them, but a playstyle is a playstyle. Not doing yourself a favor when you're mafia though as then you have a lot more to fake.
Also Burden isn't that bad, Hardy even considers it great for mafia as it gives town more days to mislynch if you die early. Like had you been lynched D1 the whole game could've gone different as Panda and pudgie couldn't target yet and would maybe change their thoughts on who to target.

Farfalla - sorry for doubting you a couple of times, thought a lot of convenient things were surrounding you. Tho I kinda believe mentioning PMs there is a bad call and not sure if I'd have hostkilled both you and me there for it :/ But I guess the shapeshifter Illusion would remove any and all PMs a Spy would get back, the non-PM too, which can cause a mess. Perhaps something for council folk to think on.

Hardy - sounded very different than your town self, but great defense you came up with and I think I'd have done worse in that situation, hats off for that. Got me doubting myself a bit near the end as you were selling your claim very well, especially with the "I know for sure Panda didn't steal my role" as it ties in well with Freeman, very good play.

digitaldude - Nicely played, consistent enough thoughts and great BP use. My 2nd most trusted guy after gnut at the end. Tho read how Jesus works!!!

Demonspeed - couldn't read you at all this game as usual, didn't even believe the Doc claim at first but seems mafia did.

Vandred - You.... I almost recruited you with Recruiter powers, you were the #1 player I wanted to have in a pad as usual. But I got flashbacks last second of what happens when I recruit you(remember when I did a post saying "I wanna believe you're town Vand but bad things happen when I do", i was referring to wishing to recruit you), so I opted for the Super Masons. But you can't complain you were lynched for nothing, come on. Between you and desin we first lynched desin because you were more trustworthy than desin, than in it's own shows you performed it well and we believed you. But some actions like blocking gnut N2 were weird from a townie pov, would've paid off had he been scum but he wasn't so you took a risk. xnut being Prostitute Lover further made it impossible you were a 3rd Prostitute with the mechanics, tough luck there.

Lambu - Honestly I trusted Shad more than you so I picked him over you, but good to see you were also legit. You been getting us all paranoid about you after your recent good mafia/tp accomplishments so I'm very cautious of you. Had some good reads on some players, but similar to the BlackUchi situation here with Raven, being too agressive on 1 player can make a person too narrow minded if they are town.

desin24 - Did you really not use prostitute first two nights? :( Was such an uncharacteristic desin thing I couldn‘t digest. Hope you‘re not sick anymore at least.

xnut - I still wonder what made you blurt out to be connected with Holt. Surely there would‘ve been a more subtle way to call out to a threesome that would prolly desperately check posts of people to find a Lover, but was a rough situation I guess.

Holt - Say Holt would you mind if you were recruited into the Masons?

Gajeel - Not sure what was exactly happening behind the scenes or how busy you were, but hope it wasn‘t anything too bad. Farf really put a big spotlight on you.

Belserion - I get Hardy‚s complains but I also get that the game effectively ended for you on D2, you kinda were supposed to drag yourself around aimlessly til town or mafia do the mercy killing. Good thing you still found some way to enjoy playing, and it‘s not like you did anti-mafia things for Hardy‘s complaints to be justified. You gave their Traitor an elixir even, albeit unintentionally.

Hll - Hope to see you again in a game where you got more time, but am glad to know you‘re still alive and fine after so many years. Don‘t overwork yourself and stay healthy :thumbs

Seraph - Bad luck to get Samuel‘ed so early forcing a claim out of you early, not sure if you were busy or not D1 but I believe the old more cheerful active Seraph worked better for you perhaps. You may still find yourself a good middleground. Who would you have recruited had you survived?

Crescent - am not happy about the hostkill thing but you know that. I just remember you had rough times with Panda and other players in past games and you survived those without throwing the game, hope you can learn to deal better with accusations by thinking back on all these times.

gnut - :clingy Missed this hyper active gnut gameplay, impressive. Not always best calls but was good to have you there with your way of pressuring.

pudgiePenguin - well shit, you got the short end of the stick. Not sure if you‘ll be back or only wanted to play this time, or if you spectated later, but hope you enjoyed it somewhat.

Raven - certainly your best game yet and look your first win. Still you should try to not get too personal and rude with people, the game is all about words, lying and accusing. Even the most shameless accusations shouldn‘t be let to get to your head. Otherwise, it can also help to question yourself sometimes and ask „am I really right“ with some of your suspects, it helps a lot to keep a clear head for me.
Good elixir trick though, wp on that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yeah but you guys had rt block and doctor + could contest our rt kill+ 2 whores around + a doctor + a bp + a jesus thst couldn't be masoned. Our rt kills were doomed to fail from the get go.
It‘s not guaranteed for us to use these properly though, + they coulld be taken away by mafia by having 2 members use protect ensuring no townies can get it that phase. But yes you needed more members to influence the system better, like turn Lambu into a Mafia Mason.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,132
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Wow thanks a lot gry

Hardy - sounded very different than your town self, but great defense you came up with and I think I'd have done worse in that situation, hats off for that. Got me doubting myself a bit near the end as you were selling your claim very well, especially with the "I know for sure Panda didn't steal my role" as it ties in well with Freeman, very good play.
Tbf I said it in game and in the deadpad (I think?) too. I said last game I would play differently from the last as it got me killed n1. So I did. Someone had warned me it would get me lynched (scav or panda?) but I thought people wouldn't ignore the precedent. Welp.

I found it odd that dd called the freeman not dying a bs when in the snk game they debated for a long time to let the freeman be lynched.

Panda is a bastard that could had easily let a townie get framed. Familia my ass
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
disgusting what they did to you
tbh i was totally down under with work, private life and also mh-duties that i didn't mind too much :lmao

But anyways, that mafia team for sure on my kill list for next year, just because they had the audacity to do it.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,539
Reaction score
21,808
Gender
Female
Country
China
Copy Panda - Ultra spice to get Pirate then immediately call out your target and die N1. What made you go for Hardy exactly, iirc not much was hinted or known D1. In the end mafia's numbers were low and you hit basically their main powerhouse role, so dying to cast suspicion on him was very worth it.
Panda instinct ka
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,132
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
But anyways, that mafia team for sure on my kill list for next year, just because they had the audacity to do it.
I've been hearing this for 3 games now, and yet... :whistle
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Wow thanks a lot gry



Tbf I said it in game and in the deadpad (I think?) too. I said last game I would play differently from the last as it got me killed n1. So I did. Someone had warned me it would get me lynched (scav or panda?) but I thought people wouldn't ignore the precedent. Welp.

I found it odd that dd called the freeman not dying a bs when in the snk game they debated for a long time to let the freeman be lynched.

Panda is a bastard that could had easily let a townie get framed. Familia my ass
AH no not overall the playing, I mean when the Panda situation happened and people like me did smartass accusations, town Hardy would've gotten a lot more annoyed and vocal than you were imo.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,132
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
AH no not overall the playing, I mean when the Panda situation happened and people like me did smartass accusations, town Hardy would've gotten a lot more annoyed and vocal than you were imo.
I don't even recall the last time that could had happened to me, so I'm not sure that is the case, but noted. I cursed panda here and there so I kinda tried but I guess it wasn't enough.
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Seraph - Bad luck to get Samuel‘ed so early forcing a claim out of you early, not sure if you were busy or not D1 but I believe the old more cheerful active Seraph worked better for you perhaps.
Not exactly, after sitting the last game out i was actually kind of excited to play again. I kind of understand the complaints of me lurking mostly on D1 and then upping my activity little by little,day by day(If i even live long enough for that). Although i didn't think it would be so bothersome that it would justify me getting daykilled or lynched right away on the first day. I get that my claim didn't help me much either but i didn't expect to be thrown into a situation like that out of the blue.

Demon and Farf noted that my current playstyle is problematic as well and so i guess there isn't much choice for me other than to try and change it for the better. I guess lying about my actual role is a bad habit that stuck with me from being Mafia too often the last games i played, so maybe at least that can be excused. I'll do something about it until my next game.

You may still find yourself a good middleground. Who would you have recruited had you survived?
Let's hope so, been tough getting myself into a cheerful/positive mood for these games lately i won't lie about that.

I would've tried to recruit one out of these players: Demon,Jinx,Holt or Panda.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Farfalla - sorry for doubting you a couple of times, thought a lot of convenient things were surrounding you. Tho I kinda believe mentioning PMs there is a bad call and not sure if I'd have hostkilled both you and me there for it :/ But I guess the shapeshifter Illusion would remove any and all PMs a Spy would get back, the non-PM too, which can cause a mess. Perhaps something for council folk to think on.
I disagree it's like posting a PM cause nobody has to believe what we say. But in retrospect I agree it's easier for people to cross infos like that ("her PM is like mine") so it's abusive indeed and I shouldn't have done it - should have asked things to the hosts privately and kept my conclusions to myself.
How to return a "no results" to the spy is indeed not explicit in the rules for the different cases that could cause it, so I guess guidelines would be a good addition.
I was another SM btw, kept wondering if mentioning that would have changed anything in game other then making me look likely sane and a target (which I believe was the case)
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I disagree it's like posting a PM cause nobody has to believe what we say. But in retrospect I agree it's easier for people to cross infos like that ("her PM is like mine") so it's abusive indeed and I shouldn't have done it - should have asked things to the hosts privately and kept my conclusions to myself.
How to return a "no results" to the spy is indeed not explicit in the rules for the different cases that could cause it, so I guess guidelines would be a good addition.
I was another SM btw, kept wondering if mentioning that would have changed anything in game other then making me look likely sane and a target (which I believe was the case)
It's not the same, but hostkillable depending on how far it goes. Like when I hostkilled Demon and Erin for comparing their host PMs. We didn't go far into it, but just saying PMs should be mentioned with utmost care and I was very afraid for us both, remember when I said for us all to stop that train of thought :XD No damage since you were still decently mistrusted by people and even me, but yeah still.
Yeah we can add Spy stuff to next decisions.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh and about Necromancer role, imo it's really strong. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but consider he can't act on N1 most likely depending on lynch, then rest all depends on who mafia kills and when, and even then he must make the right choice. Sanity-related roles also can't be predicted well unless the dead player knew and shared it.

I'd call Necro a lategame powerhouse but he does have to come out and claim, he can get blocked at that point or killed. And to be honest it's not hard for mafia to fake the role, but again depends on setup.

I had no choices on N1 so I used mechanic, then I tried to pretend that my role isn't good hence I used mechanic, all the while using all the discarded roles.

N2 choice was between Recruiting Mason, Pirate and Spy. Grabbing a Mason friend, with publicly claimed Super Masons, sounded amazing to me so went with that. Left some hints behind that I'd recruit Shad if I died on him.

N3 choice was between Pirate, Spy, Doctor, Detective and Mortician. Here I should've noticed that I could pull the Mortician play but I didn't(one must be very good to make proper use of Necro imo, need to know all roles and when/how to best use and on who). Instead went with Spy, as I didn't wanna lose the role permanently with Pirate, I considered protecting Shad actually but didn't think he'd be a priority and I wanted info so used Spy on Lambu, kinda bad call.

N4 choice was between Pirate, Doctor, Prostitute, Detective and Mortician. Noticed the Mortician play and used that.

N5 choice was between Pirate, Doctor, Prostitute and Detective. Used Doctor on gnut thinking he's the most logical kill, didn't expect they'd fish for a Traitor as I expected a bigger mafia team. Ended up bluffing the Det use.

For N6 my intention was using Prostitute on the much more reduced mafia team making blocks highly likely to happen.

So the role is strong, but depending on how it goes you may be with either too few options or far too many and this versatility can be a curse as you end up using the wrong role.
If the role gets nerfed to 3 usages then swapping out permanently via Pirate on 2nd or 3rd action becomes the ideal play, and think this would make people restrict themselves too much with Necro usage so I'd be against the change.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,132
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
It's not the same, but hostkillable depending on how far it goes. Like when I hostkilled Demon and Erin for comparing their host PMs. We didn't go far into it, but just saying PMs should be mentioned with utmost care and I was very afraid for us both, remember when I said for us all to stop that train of thought :XD No damage since you were still decently mistrusted by people and even me, but yeah still.
Yeah we can add Spy stuff to next decisions.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh and about Necromancer role, imo it's really strong. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but consider he can't act on N1 most likely depending on lynch, then rest all depends on who mafia kills and when, and even then he must make the right choice. Sanity-related roles also can't be predicted well unless the dead player knew and shared it.

I'd call Necro a lategame powerhouse but he does have to come out and claim, he can get blocked at that point or killed. And to be honest it's not hard for mafia to fake the role, but again depends on setup.

I had no choices on N1 so I used mechanic, then I tried to pretend that my role isn't good hence I used mechanic, all the while using all the discarded roles.

N2 choice was between Recruiting Mason, Pirate and Spy. Grabbing a Mason friend, with publicly claimed Super Masons, sounded amazing to me so went with that. Left some hints behind that I'd recruit Shad if I died on him.

N3 choice was between Pirate, Spy, Doctor, Detective and Mortician. Here I should've noticed that I could pull the Mortician play but I didn't(one must be very good to make proper use of Necro imo, need to know all roles and when/how to best use and on who). Instead went with Spy, as I didn't wanna lose the role permanently with Pirate, I considered protecting Shad actually but didn't think he'd be a priority and I wanted info so used Spy on Lambu, kinda bad call.

N4 choice was between Pirate, Doctor, Prostitute, Detective and Mortician. Noticed the Mortician play and used that.

N5 choice was between Pirate, Doctor, Prostitute and Detective. Used Doctor on gnut thinking he's the most logical kill, didn't expect they'd fish for a Traitor as I expected a bigger mafia team. Ended up bluffing the Det use.

For N6 my intention was using Prostitute on the much more reduced mafia team making blocks highly likely to happen.

So the role is strong, but depending on how it goes you may be with either too few options or far too many and this versatility can be a curse as you end up using the wrong role.
If the role gets nerfed to 3 usages then swapping out permanently via Pirate on 2nd or 3rd action becomes the ideal play, and think this would make people restrict themselves too much with Necro usage so I'd be against the change.
I don't 3 would be too restricting at all though. Just look at all the options you were given, even without pirate. You would had made a huge impact with even one or two actions only.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I don't 3 would be too restricting at all though. Just look at all the options you were given, even without pirate. You would had made a huge impact with even one or two actions only.
I think I'd have used the Recruiter for sure even with 3 limit, but the last 2 I'd prolly save up the Doc and Prostitute til much later effectively using it only once maybe. But we could test a nerf if most want it, I do think it brings good value like that too.

@Juviii your role is doing et
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
14,784
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
I think I'd have used the Recruiter for sure even with 3 limit, but the last 2 I'd prolly save up the Doc and Prostitute til much later effectively using it only once maybe. But we could test a nerf if most want it, I do think it brings good value like that too.

@Juviii your role is doing et
I haven't followed the game so not sure exactly what are you talking about. :oh
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,132
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
How to return a "no results" to the spy is indeed not explicit in the rules for the different cases that could cause it, so I guess guidelines would be a good addition.
Maybe I got you wrong but in the Example PMs thread it's there. The problem is that hosts often like to add flavour and rules should also cover revealing those.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I haven't followed the game so not sure exactly what are you talking about. :oh
Thought Necromancer role was your suggestion? It was pretty fun in this game.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Maybe I got you wrong but in the Example PMs thread it's there. The problem is that hosts often like to add flavour and rules should also cover revealing those.
What about Shapeshifter Illusioned Spy?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top