Well, for a DN game, I was thinking that we could have some role name changes, like for the Russian game.
I was thinking that we could have a townie role similar to L, where he was a Mason Boss/Recruiter or something, who would be Bulletproof and and have a detective, doctor, and some other roles to support him, although he'd have to recruit the rest. Perhaps have two Masons from the beginning, this Boss and a detective.
I think that some of the more esoteric roles like Poisoner could be fun, especially in a game where people should be able to die in more and varied ways given that that's how the Death Note can work.
---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------
The Mafia Boss gets the immediate advantage of appearing to be innocent when investigated by a detective, so I figured a similar ability for the L character would be fair.
Admittedly, people would go into the game knowing the rules of the new roles, which would take some of the fun away as you'd know to some extent what to expect as those characters would be designed for this specific game.